Wynn's Hotel
Abbey Hotel(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,306 results
All reviewso'connell streetabbey theatrelower abbey streetjacuzzi bathtemple barhistoric hoteltram stopcity centrefull irish breakfastluas linebreakfast was excellentnight porterperfect locationcontinental breakfaststreet noisequiet roomlight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First time in Dublin for conference and experienced a very good 5-nights stay in this hotel. Both location and service are excellent. In the city center, easy to go everywhere. The double room (bed) is a bit small, but quite comfortable. Great breakfast as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chmyct
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel has the best location you can hope for while visiting Dublin and had a really good price. You can walk to many of the attractions and the hop on and off tours have a stop right around the corner. My room was small as I expected but had everything I needed including a safe and toiletries. It was in decent shape and appeared clean. I didn`t have a view so it was quiet which is preferable since the neighborhood is very lively. Breakfast is included and is solid with choices of full or continental items. The staff was very friendly and helpful in regards to anything I needed. You can request breakfast before the official start time and I did that once but things weren`t quite ready on time. So I would suggest to allow for potential delays when you make the request. Overall, I would greatly recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing Abbey street if you like quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I just spent two nights at Wynn's on a short trip to Ireland. We took the train in from Cork, arriving at Heuston Station. The LUAS tram picks up at the station and dropps off literally in front of the hotel (and it's very quiet, no worries!). The hotel itself, though claiming to be recently remodeled, wasn't restored to A+ condition. Still, the rooms are clean and have nice amenities. The breakfasts were pretty good, and the staff is as helpful as possible. The one thing that gave me pause was when they hadn't heard of a couple restaurants in Dublin that get a high ranking here. Really, they haven't heard of O'Neil's? The north side of the Liffy doesn't have nearly as much to offer, but this hotel is so close as to make no difference. You're 5min from Temple Bar, for example. Overall I'd definitely recommend, but choose for the value and location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just back from another wonderful stay in Wynn's Hotel, Dublin. My daughter and I stay in Dublin at least 3 to 4 times a year and we always try to stay at Wynn's if it's available. We love it because of the olde world charm, the friendliest staff in Ireland, the comfortable rooms, the fantastic breakfast ( waiter service and very relaxing ). Also, being a smoker, there is no problem here as they have plenty of smoking rooms :) The location is excellent, just off O'Connell Street and the Luas stops just outside....which is a big plus if you're going to The O2, as it brings you right there. Wynn's is the ideal location for shopping, sightseeing etc., in Dublin.......you won't get a more central hotel than this.......AND you won't get a better " Cead Mile Failte" anywhere else in Ireland. What more can I say...........I ♥ WYNN'S ;-))

Room Tip: I love a room at the front as I love the view but some people might not like the noise from the Luas etc., This doesn't bother me but it may bother some people ! :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

A nice, majestic building, just of Connell Street and only a bridge away from Temple Bar, Wynn's is a nice hotel with a nice bar and more than friendly staff.
Rooms are clean but not always very big. Breakfast is okay if you like cooked breakfast, but very little options if you just wanted a slice of bread with some ham.
Some remarks: my sister and I both paid the same price, but my sister's room was more than twice as big as mine, the complementary wireless internet has no coverage in the bar and upon checkout they forgot to deduct the advance I paid when making the booking (luckily I checked).
But all in all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family