After spending a week in this hotel in late September, I'd give it a mixed review. This hotel's biggest selling point is definitely its location. You are just minutes from the shopping on Grafton Street and I was able to walk to most of the city centre attractions. My room faced the garden so the atmosphere was quiet and pleasant. I have some of the same complaints as other reviewers. Any thoughts I had of enjoying a cup of tea were immediately silenced by one look at the disgustingly filthy tea kettle. I'm still haunted by the thought. In the evenings I attempted to relax and watch a bit of TV but found the reception very poor on most channels. Believe it or not the Irish national network RTE 1 was the worst! The room was reasonably clean but not spotless, which is perhaps explained by the fact that the maid doesn't do a whole lot, in fact one day I happened to be in the room when the maid came in and she sat down on the bed and started reading my newspaper! I admit this was my first experience in a European hotel so perhaps I'm just not familiar with the standards of hotels over there. I paid roughly $100 a night for my room and in America I would expect much more for that price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated close to Grafton Street in the fashionable heart of Dublin City, Stauntons on the Green is the perfect place to stay, whether for business or pleasure in Ireland's Capital City. Housed in a Georgian building steeped in history, overlooking two of Dublin's most beautiful parks -St. Stephen's Green and the Iveagh Gardens - this hotel has everything you could possibly need on its doorstep. It remains a building of unique character (original build 1750) with spacious relaxing rooms and wonderful views of the parks. Well appointed rooms, all with either Park or Garden views, coupled with excellent customer care and service, are what make a stay at Stauntons on the Green a special and rewarding experience. Room facilities include Private Bathroom, TV, Direct Dial Telephone, Hairdryer, Complimentary WiFi and Tea/Coffee facilities. Breakfasts are served each day, Monday to Friday 7am-10am and Saturday Sunday 8am -10am ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Stauntons on the Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stauntons On The Green Hotel Dublin
- Stauntons On The Green Dublin
- Stauntons Green