“Very nice place”

Stauntons on the Green
Ranked #59 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed here for two nights over st Patricks day. Stauntons on the green is a lovely place to stay would recommend it too any one not far walk in too the town Center a lovely park right out side to walk through . The rooms was very clean with a t.v and tea and coffee tray and wi-fi bathroom was clean and nice . We had breakfast there too and could not fault it really nice . The staff where very helpful and friendly had a lovely stay there would use again :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jesse J
Bryan D, Manager at Stauntons on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Jesse J,

Thank You for your lovely comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had a good experiece with us in the heart of Dublin. I am especially happy to hear that you found all the team helpfull and freindly as we pride our selves on that!

Sincerely
The Team at Stauntons

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My stay at stauntons was not up to my expectations. I was expecting a room looking over Stephen's Green, I was put in a room down in the basement which had no view at all and people kept passing by the window which was rather uncomfortable. My breakfast was luke warm, egg hard and bacon burned, they did apologise and offer me another one but I refused. A couples car was clamped while I was there as they did not notify them the car was outside. The only good thing I have to say about my stay was the location.

Room Tip: If you do stay which I hope you don't, as for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aileen S
950sotg, Manager at Stauntons on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thanks for the feedback Aileen,

Sorry your experience wasent a good one on this occasion, we are currently working hard to improve all aspects of our product, both room and breakfast.

Regards
The Team at Stauntons

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was surprised to read previous reviews of the staff, because I found them absolutely delightful and very accommodating. My friend and I stayed here 11 March and the receptionists were very helpful in organising taxi's, giving us directions to a nearby restaurant, and getting our bags up to our room!
PROS
- helpful staff
- super location - public transportation handy and location is central. St Stephens Green across the street
- rooms are very big with good views
- windows open and shut easily so you can control room temperature

CONS:
- double room had one double bed and one single bed
- floors are uneven (this is more a sign of an older building but as it did get me off balance a couple of times I will throw it in)
- there is a musty smell in the bathroom
- no lift, narrow hallways
- due to no fault of the staff, breakfast is not good. The kitchen is not equipped and there is not enough staff for the numbers of people. Toast took a long time to come and was very cold and barely toasted! Tea took a long time to come, but again, this is because there was one person waiting on about 40 of us.

Overall, I would stay here again and it was a good experience. I would probably eat elsewhere though.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quiet. Even though getting to the third floor is a hassle, the view is lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank dim-sum-mum
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Comfortable guesthouse in a very central location. Nice breakfast and reasonably priced. They will park your car on arrival.€10 parking per day.Our room on the ground floor was spacious and clean and the bed comfortable. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Evian98
262AnthonyK, Director of Sales at Stauntons on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Staunton's and hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to beautiful Dublin!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Location great. Room good. Breakfast sh1t. All the yogurt one requires as long as it's strawberry, not to mention the confusion between tea & coffee and the15 minute wait for toast. Some of the waiting staff were very inexperienced and rough. One waitress "threw" a newspaper across the dining room onto a windowsill? John Cleese comes to mind.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ozaboz
262AnthonyK, Director of Sales at Stauntons on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

We are very sorry to hear that a member of staff 'threw' a newspaper whilst you were having your breakfast. Thank you for your feedback regarding out breakfast. We have taken your point on board regarding yogurt and will make sure that there is more of a variety going forward. We are disappointed that you experienced such a wait in respect of toast and will investigate this further and also apologise for any confusion regarding tea and coffee. We really appreciate your feedback and will strive to implement changes to correct the problems you have highlighted. We are delighted that you were pleased with both our location and our rooms.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very nice B&B at a great value price for such a central location. The staff are friendly and professional and there's plenty of place to wait in Reception and the guest lounge. The breakfast was tasty, hot and arrived quickly. The standard Irish breakfast is quite small and I don't have a particularly big appetite, so if that's all you're having I'd suggest asking for a few extras. That being said, there are lots of cereals, fruits and yoghurts available.

My only criticisms would be that certain areas are very dated (our room for one, whereas others area quite new and that the TVs are analogue not digital, so channel choice is very limited. The fittings in the bathroom also weren't very clean or well-attached.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GeorgeH1234
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel is ideally located, at the top of St Stephens Green, to experience the delights of Dublin.
The staff at reception were genuinely helpful and made my wife and I feel welcome. Our room on the ground floor was spacious and clean and the bed comfortable. It is a bit of a maze to get around the hotel,but I had worked out the layout by the second day. The quality of the food at breakfast was very good but as a number of guests decided to have breakfast at the same time we had to wait a little while before we were allocated a table. We were very pleased with this hotel and will stay there again when we go to Dublin.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple