“Great lovely small hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stauntons on the Green

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Stauntons on the Green
Ranked #90 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Santa Barbara, California
“Great lovely small hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stauntons is in a great location and the breakfast is delicious. However, it is difficult to get your room before check in time so if you come from the states or anywhere off an early flight beware check in time is 2p.m. Sadly for me there was no rooms available before that time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can't say enough amazing things about the location, provided you're ok with a bit of walking. We walked everywhere around downtown Dublin (we took the Luas to Kilmainham Gaol, but other than that spent nearly a week without getting on any kind of public transportation- yay!). Walking through St. Stephen's Green every day was beautiful-- it's a lovely city park. We were also close to Grafton Street with all it's shopping and restaurants. It wasn't far to Temple Bar or the north side of the Liffey either, but quieter than you'd get in Temple Bar, for sure.

The front desk staff was super friendly and always available.

With regards to rooms, I'd say they came up a bit spotty. Our room was spacious with a great view of the garden out back and big windows. The bed was not particularly comfortable, but it didn't leave me in pain either. Cleaning service was unpredictable-- they seemed to clean parts of it at random throughout the week. It was, however, perfectly clean when we arrived there originally. (Also, room size was all over the place since it is a beautiful old building and not originally designed to be a hotel, so beware not all are as big as ours.)

Breakfast was available, although the cooked food wasn't amazing. Cereal, fruit, yogurt and juice was available as well. The breakfast staff always seemed to be frazzled and a little off-kilter, but nice enough.

I'd recommend it to friends looking for a moderately-priced hotel in the city center. Also, they were very LGBT friendly to this lesbian couple on a honeymoon.

Room Tip: Don't get room 4 if you can help it-- it's right off the breakfast room!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bedford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Initial welcome was wonderful, warm and friendly reception staff. Room nice clean. This place has a really nice charm and very good location. I would stay here again. Only 1 little fault, the breakfast was full of choice however the cooked food was a little bland, but don't let that put you off. My first introduction to Ireland and I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hairfx20a
North Ferrisburg, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We wanted a hotel in the center of Dublin, but not a huge hotel. Staunton's provided exactly what we were looking for in a reasonable place for the last two nights of our trip to Ireland and Wales. Facing the south side of St. Stephen's Green in a handsome classic building. The front desk is staffed 24/7 and is very helpful, giving us maps and good directions when we needed them. Our room was attractive, large, newly furbished, clean and comfortable, with a view of the Iveagh Gardens. The bathroom was also new, clean and well appointed. You should be aware that there is no elevator, so if that is a problem, ask for a room on a lower floor. Breakfast was good, service was quick and pleasant, and the breakfast room was nicely decorated. We certainly recommend Staunton's on the Green.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for one on the back of the building. Ours was great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vermonters05473
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

A pleasant stay in a very clean, comfortable room. Service was completely fine and breakfast on par with what is usually on offer in hotels such as this. Great location. Smaller room than average. Good bathroom facilities. Go for it:- if you want your usual clean, no fuss - hotel experience. Keep looking:- if unique is more your thing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was the last night of my trip to Ireland. I had been traveling with a girlfriend who was living in Dublin, but was spending my last night alone. I wanted to be in the city centre to enjoy some of the Saturday night festivities, where it was also easier for me to catch the Airbus to the airport early the next morning.

I am young woman who values charm, history, location, and comfort. But I am also very mindful of staying within the parameters of my budget. I normally spend a great amount of time searching for accommodations that meet all my criteria. My decision to stay at Staunton’s was last minute, literally made after a quick web search around 4 PM that day. The proximity to the city centre was excellent and the price for a single person was the best I found. I knew that it would satisfy my needs for the night. However, once I arrived, I quickly found that it exceeded my expectations!

The hotel is across the street from Saint Stephen's Green, a beautiful gated park in the center of the city. This location can't be beat! Grafton Street meets the entrance to Saint Stephen's Green on a different side of the park from the hotel. So there is plentiful shopping, coffee shops and pubs a very short and enjoyable walk away.

The hotel is charming! It's old and VERY well maintained. It's clearly cared for in a way that honors its history. There are parlors throughout the main level that have cozy areas for sitting. I adored the staircase, located in the back of the building. As you walk up it you can look out the giant old windows to the lush gardens in the back of the hotel. It took me several minutes to get to my room as I had to keep stopping to take in the scenery.

My room was two flights up. When I opened the door I immediately was drawn to the large window that faced directly out to Saint Stephen's Green. The window opened all the way and the windowsill was large enough to sit and look out at the park directly across the street. I left the window open all night and when I woke up the next morning I could hear the gentle sounds of the birds across the street.

The room itself also kept to the historical charm of the rest of the building. it was also very comfortable with a full sized bed with very soft linens, fixings for coffee, as well as toiletries in the bathroom. It was priced for a single person but was much more spacious than I expected. It was also very clean!

Additionally, the staff in the hotel was wonderful! They were friendly, inviting, informative, and they had a great sense of humor! They genuinely cared that I was comfortable and well taken care of the whole time. They answered all my questions and I was able to schedule an early morning wake up call for the next day. Additionally, the breakfast they provided the next morning was included in the price of my room. It included three different options as well as cereals, fruits, juices and coffee. I opted for the full Irish breakfast and was very pleased!

My stay at Staunton’s on the Green was the perfect ending to my visit to Ireland. I highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to come back one day soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WhereNext208
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

A wonderful location and a view of Stephen's Green which was asked for on booking was delivered. A bit of traffic noise but I have no problem with traffic.Staff pleasant and breakfast fine and hearty.

Room Tip: I think bothe sides have a view. Iveagh gardens to the rear and Stephens Green to the front. The fro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo