“Just what we wanted!”

Ranked #80 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
North Ferrisburg, Vermont
“Just what we wanted!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We wanted a hotel in the center of Dublin, but not a huge hotel. Staunton's provided exactly what we were looking for in a reasonable place for the last two nights of our trip to Ireland and Wales. Facing the south side of St. Stephen's Green in a handsome classic building. The front desk is staffed 24/7 and is very helpful, giving us maps and good directions when we needed them. Our room was attractive, large, newly furbished, clean and comfortable, with a view of the Iveagh Gardens. The bathroom was also new, clean and well appointed. You should be aware that there is no elevator, so if that is a problem, ask for a room on a lower floor. Breakfast was good, service was quick and pleasant, and the breakfast room was nicely decorated. We certainly recommend Staunton's on the Green.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for one on the back of the building. Ours was great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vermonters05473

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Finnish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

A pleasant stay in a very clean, comfortable room. Service was completely fine and breakfast on par with what is usually on offer in hotels such as this. Great location. Smaller room than average. Good bathroom facilities. Go for it:- if you want your usual clean, no fuss - hotel experience. Keep looking:- if unique is more your thing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was the last night of my trip to Ireland. I had been traveling with a girlfriend who was living in Dublin, but was spending my last night alone. I wanted to be in the city centre to enjoy some of the Saturday night festivities, where it was also easier for me to catch the Airbus to the airport early the next morning.

I am young woman who values charm, history, location, and comfort. But I am also very mindful of staying within the parameters of my budget. I normally spend a great amount of time searching for accommodations that meet all my criteria. My decision to stay at Staunton’s was last minute, literally made after a quick web search around 4 PM that day. The proximity to the city centre was excellent and the price for a single person was the best I found. I knew that it would satisfy my needs for the night. However, once I arrived, I quickly found that it exceeded my expectations!

The hotel is across the street from Saint Stephen's Green, a beautiful gated park in the center of the city. This location can't be beat! Grafton Street meets the entrance to Saint Stephen's Green on a different side of the park from the hotel. So there is plentiful shopping, coffee shops and pubs a very short and enjoyable walk away.

The hotel is charming! It's old and VERY well maintained. It's clearly cared for in a way that honors its history. There are parlors throughout the main level that have cozy areas for sitting. I adored the staircase, located in the back of the building. As you walk up it you can look out the giant old windows to the lush gardens in the back of the hotel. It took me several minutes to get to my room as I had to keep stopping to take in the scenery.

My room was two flights up. When I opened the door I immediately was drawn to the large window that faced directly out to Saint Stephen's Green. The window opened all the way and the windowsill was large enough to sit and look out at the park directly across the street. I left the window open all night and when I woke up the next morning I could hear the gentle sounds of the birds across the street.

The room itself also kept to the historical charm of the rest of the building. it was also very comfortable with a full sized bed with very soft linens, fixings for coffee, as well as toiletries in the bathroom. It was priced for a single person but was much more spacious than I expected. It was also very clean!

Additionally, the staff in the hotel was wonderful! They were friendly, inviting, informative, and they had a great sense of humor! They genuinely cared that I was comfortable and well taken care of the whole time. They answered all my questions and I was able to schedule an early morning wake up call for the next day. Additionally, the breakfast they provided the next morning was included in the price of my room. It included three different options as well as cereals, fruits, juices and coffee. I opted for the full Irish breakfast and was very pleased!

My stay at Staunton’s on the Green was the perfect ending to my visit to Ireland. I highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to come back one day soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WhereNext208
Cork
Reviewed March 28, 2013

A wonderful location and a view of Stephen's Green which was asked for on booking was delivered. A bit of traffic noise but I have no problem with traffic.Staff pleasant and breakfast fine and hearty.

Room Tip: I think bothe sides have a view. Iveagh gardens to the rear and Stephens Green to the front. The fro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MKxyz
Besana in Brianza, Italy
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've been there for St. Patrick's day 2013. The hotel is near st. Stephen's green and Grafton St and you can be in Temple Bar or O'Connell'St in 10 min. Our room was clean, the bathroom was very clean too. They change towels every day and you can find shmapoo, shower gel and soap every day. The building is old because it's in the Georgian district and there's no elevator but it's very, very nice inside!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank FrancescaM84
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

There are variable standards of room here with those in the new annex out back much better. Those in the front part of the B&B are old and in need of refurbishment. Also not well laid out with respect to light switches etc.. There was no soap, shampoo or shower gel in my room so had to ask for these. Clean enough though - even if needing a coat of paint and some oil in the door hinges. The "dining room" in the basement is not the most inspiring place to start the day and the food is nothing to get excited about. That being said it is not bad either just other B&Bs in Ireland have much more variety. Tea at Breakfast was nice. This is not a terrible establishment it is just that it could be so much better. Overall disappointing given the utterly fabulous location in Dublin - would some hotel that knows what to do take it over please?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JBlunt

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

mayo ireland
Reviewed March 4, 2013

just back from a stay in stauntons on the green .first off the location is really good .its only a few minute walk to grafton street the main shopping street in dublin .the room overlooking the green was lovely and bright the bed was really lovely. the breakfast was good and the staff on reception were very nice and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple