Stauntons on the Green
$181
$281
$247
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$206
$159
$221
$201
  • Pool
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
$235
  • Restaurant
All reviewsiveagh gardensgreat locationgrafton streetst stephensno elevatorgeorgian buildingstephen's greennational concert hallyogurtguest housefull irish breakfastthe ground floorwould stay here againcentral dublintrinity collegefamily roomsingle bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed in Stauntons with my daughter. We had a lovely, quiet, twin room overlooking the garden at the back of the house. It was a very large room by regular hotel standards. Whilst the property might need a bit of tlc here and there I would have no qualms in recommending it. The breakfast was average but was served with a smile . The service we received during our stay there was top class. It is right on St. Stephens' Green which really enhanced our stay in Dublin.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the house as I had asked for a quiet room. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cailinruadh
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The good: location is excellent, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was good enough.

The bad: Room was dirty (fast food from a previous guest all over the floor below the table - including the plastic box). This was not cleaned the second day either. I found a dead insect in my bed. The standard of the room was way below what you expect when you pay 260 euros for two nights. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall, the door and window handles were coming off, the carpet was not fixed, and the some light bulbs (in the main ceiling lamp) had burned out and where not replaced during our stay. It is simply not worth the price by a long shot, and even though the location is excellent and the staff friendly enough I would never consider staying there again for the same money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank iskanderkul
Reviewed December 12, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at Staunton's On The Green in Dublin in October, 2012. What a gem of a find! Turn of the century refurbished hotel. The location couldn't be beat~right across the street from the centrally located and spectacular St. Stephen's Park. Safe neighborhood. The staff at Staunton's was awesome and accommodated our every wish and need while we were there. The room was spacious, bathroom very nice/modern with good water pressure, etc. Maid service was excellent, breakfast very nice. We had hot eggs, sausage, granola, fruits, toast, coffee, beans. Very nice! We had dinners out, so needed to walk a few blocks but found the city very easy to navigate. Staff again, very helpful in recommendations. Room had hot water and tea/coffee fixins available. Room was also very quiet! No lift, but we managed just fine and I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back of the hotel, so no noise whatsoever. Ours was a "single" room for two persons, which meant two double beds. Nice!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My family and I stayed at Staunton's on the Green for four nights in April and I'm so glad that we selected this place as our base for our stay in Dublin! It was fantastic!

The staff was amazing. Brian-the night porter was a true delight. During our stay, we had to get up extremely early to catch our tours and Brian always asked us what time he could make breakfast for us because he wanted to make sure we had a great start to our day.

Our room was great. We had a triple room - which had 1 double bed and 2 singles - and there was plenty of space. We even had a view of St. Stephen's Green Park from our window. The only downside of the view was that the traffic could be a little disruptive at night. But, I would take the view over the little traffic noise that may arise.

I wouldn't hesitate to book Staunton's again if I am ever lucky enough to head back to Dublin.

One more thing ... If interested in a tour, go with RailTours of Ireland. We had a great experience and a wonderful day out to the Cliffs of Moher.

Room Tip: A good tip for booking is to book directly through their own website or email system. I was able to get a bonus offer for booking directly through the hotel - there were a few offers to select from, but my family and I chose to go with a dinner at a local Italian restaurant. Staunton's lists the bonus offers available on their own website. You should definintely check it out.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family