We stayed two nights at the Stauntons. There was an international legal convention in Dublin, so most of the larger hotels were fully booked. Nonetheless, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
It is located on the south side of St. Stephen's Green. This is in a quiet area, where there are embassies and government offices; it also makes for a peaceful night. It is a short walk to most places - the farthest place we visited was the Guinness Storehouse, which was a 20 minute walk. It was nice to walk through the park on our way out and when coming back; it is beautiful setting.
The staff were welcoming and provided great information and dining/pub suggestions during our stay. We also used the hotel safe for our valuables during our stay, since there are no safes in the room.
We had a room on the second floor of the main building. This is a large old house and so has "character", so expect older decor and lots of steps (no lifts). We were concerned that the walls might be thin, but it was not an issue when we were there. (Our fellow travelers had a more modern room at the back of the hotel and they did experience some noise from the adjoining room.) Our room were clean and was quite large, with a double and a single bed. There were two large windows, one of which did not open. Beware of the heating. It was a bit chilly when we arrived, so we turned on the radiator and pretty soon it was roasting! We actually kept the heating off at night and cracked the window as the weather improved (early October), especially with the warm comforters provided. The bathroom was small, but adequate (again, an old converted house).
There is free wifi in the rooms and a computer in the large lounge area, although you have to pay for printing.
Breakfast starts a bit late at 8:00, but on our second day, we got there at 7:45 and there were many people already eating and staff bustling around. There was a small continental buffet and an a la carte hot breakfast, typical for Ireland. This one was average.
This is not one of the best hotels in Dublin, but the staff are friendly, the location is right, and the value is good. I would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated close to Grafton Street in the fashionable heart of Dublin City, Stauntons on the Green is the perfect place to stay, whether for business or pleasure in Ireland's Capital City. Housed in a Georgian building steeped in history, overlooking two of Dublin's most beautiful parks -St. Stephen's Green and the Iveagh Gardens - this hotel has everything you could possibly need on its doorstep. It remains a building of unique character (original build 1750) with spacious relaxing rooms and wonderful views of the parks. Well appointed rooms, all with either Park or Garden views, coupled with excellent customer care and service, are what make a stay at Stauntons on the Green a special and rewarding experience. Room facilities include Private Bathroom, TV, Direct Dial Telephone, Hairdryer, Complimentary WiFi and Tea/Coffee facilities. Breakfasts are served each day, Monday to Friday 7am-10am and Saturday Sunday 8am -10am ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stauntons on the Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stauntons On The Green Hotel Dublin
- Stauntons On The Green Dublin
- Stauntons Green