“Location,Location,Location!!!”

Ranked #47 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
kildare
“Location,Location,Location!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights on the 24/25th October as a bank holiday treat.
It is our second time at this hotel, and I must say it is our favorite dublin hotel.
The Location is perfect, just a 30 second walk from O'Connell street,in a nice and safe part of town.
The hotel room was very good,and had all the mod cons that suited are needs,having wifi throughout is a real plus.The beds were very comfortable.
We dined at the abacus asian restaurant on our second night, and had a very good meal,reasonable priced and the service was excellent.
Temple bar is less than a ten minute walk, but a bit hectic for us,however this hotel is a great base to do the tourist things, purely because of its location.
When we look for a hotel,price,location and amenities is paramount. The Academy plaza has it all!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

This was a great visit to the city of Dublin. The hotel was very good the city was clean and the Irish people are so friendly. We will be back again in the future. My thanks to everyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed here twice while vacationing in Ireland, 2 nights in August and 2 nights in September. We were happy with the room and stay both times. The hotel was located just off O'Connell, and was in walking distance to many restaurants and tourist attractions (and the start of bus tours). Also the internet was free which was great!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Orleans, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

This bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept on in any hotel in any country and my husband runs a hotel in the states!!! The room was very small but good enough for our short stay. The location was perfect!!! Walking distance to everything in downtown. The entrance to the hotel is a little tricky to find, but once you learn your way around it's not so bad.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

Good clean and tidy hotel although some of the guests staying were rough. Witnessed one guy threaten to beat his pregnant girlfriend up in the reception of the hotel when I was leaving.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank armedwithamind
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in September 2009 and I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. First off it's location is absolutely ideal. It's located right off O'Connell street and it's maybe a ten minute walk to Temple Bar area. There's tons of shops and places to eat and even a movie theatre all within a few seconds walking. There's also a stop for the "hop on/off bus tour" about two or three minutes walking from the hotel. The actual hotel itself was very nice. It had free wi-fi which was a major plus and it has two computers downstairs if you don't have your own laptop. The people at the front desk were very helpful and friendly with anything I needed. The room itself wasn't exactly the most spacious but it was okay. The beds were nice and comfortable and the bathroom was nice and clean. The hotel also let's your store you bags with them after checkout so that you don't have to carry them with you all over Dublin. Overall I am SO glad that I stayed at this hotel and wouldn't stay anywher else next time I come to Dublin!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Stockport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

I'm a regular visitor to Dublin, and this was my third time at The Academy Plaza. I'd prebooked a double room for sole use. I arrived early in the morning and was told that my room would be ready by 2pm, this wasn't a problem, being a travel agent myself I understand this is often the case.
I returned at 2pm but there was still no room available, I hung around reception where eventually I was told my room was ready. The room I was allocated was room 333, when I got there the room had an awfully strong smell of smoke, I returned to Reception where I was told this was unusal as it was a non-smoking room. I was eventually allocated a twin room.
The twin wasn't bad, it seemed very small but it was clean and well furnished.
This hotel is in a great location, just off O'connell Street and handy for buses to/from the airport, rates are pretty good for Central Dublin, even though the exchange rate pound to euro for UK visitors is shocking at the moment.
The 2 pcs in Reception are still there and are a nice touch, meaning its easy to keep up to speed with news and in touch with family and friends.
On checking out guests are handed a Tripadvisor card actively asking them to write a report.
Overall, not a bad hotel in a good location, but just felt I've had better rooms/service in previous visits.
I may try elsewhere on my next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo