Academy Plaza Hotel
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$179
$172
$231
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
$145
Great 4.5/5
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$190
$303
$285
  • Pool
$293
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$256
$235
$215
$185
Buswells Hotel
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$131
The Merrion Hotel(Dublin)
$316
$298
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
4,873 results
All reviewso'connell streetgreat locationtemple barbar next doorairport bushop on hoptour buseswould stay here againrooms are smallcentral locationstayed here for nightsbuffet breakfastdouble bedtrinity collegecity breakwould highly recommend this hotelvisiting dublin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I took a group of 30 seniors to Dublin staying at this hotel for two nights at the start of a coach tour around Southern Ireland. I was extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel throughout, from the public areas, the corridors, and the rooms, I can only assume it had recently been refurbished as it was outstanding.
The location couldn't be bettered standing as it does on O'Connell street with the first stop for the excellent Hop on/off bus tour just across the road. Our evening meal and breakfast were very good and the staff gave my group their first taste of Irish friendliness and hospitality. A slight criticism could be the size of the bedroom but this wasn't an issue for me as I was in a single room and it had all the facilities I could wish for apart from the recent hotel introduction of cream soap dispensers which I abhor due to the fact that they are extremely difficult for elderly people to squeeze, in my case with arthritic hands. I hope that all hotels become aware of this and address the issue.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
AcademyManager, General Manager at Academy Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear UkClive,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are delighted to know that you and your group were impressed with your visit. I can confirm that the hotel was refurbished and extended during 2007 & 2008 and we have worked hard to maintain the showroom shine for the past 5 or 6 years. Our accommodation team are second to none and for that we are very proud.

Thank you for allowing is be part of your first taste of Irish friendliness and hospitality and I am pleased to note that your meals, breakfast & dinner, were very good too. Unfortunately as a city location we do have a handful of smaller rooms but like you say they are well equipped with all the facilities including Tea/Coffee tray, free WiFi, hairdryer etc. We have noted your difficulty with the soap dispenser and do have complimentary toiletries, including bar soap, available at any time for our guests in addition to the amenities already supplied in the room.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming your group back again in future.

Yours sincerely,
Peter Collins

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice big room--lots of space which we loved. Had a double bed and two twin beds, so we had loads of room for our suitcases and were grateful for the upgrade when we got here. Comfortable beds and nice pillows, and a stack of extra towels on the shelf of the closet area. How many hotels do that?!. Excellent breakfast buffet with a lot of variety, and some of the best croissants I've ever had in all our travels....only Croissant du Jour back the the Midwest USA compares. Staff friendly and very helpful. The Hop on-Hop off bus tours (the ones with the green buses) started just a half block away, which was an excellent option. We had two full days here and the second day was free with the purchase of a bus ticket, so we were able to get around cheaply and see all of the sights we wanted to tour.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice, clean and modern rooms. The Airlink bus stop is right outside of the hotel, so no carrying luggage through the streets. I would definitely stay here again if I were ever to return to Dubln. Easy access to restaurants and shops without staying in the Temple Bar area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RobinSRoy
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel was on a small side street just off of upper O'Connell Street so that you were spared much of the hustle and bustle of the city.

The staff were very friendly, room clean and wifi fast and free. Our room, a double, was very small and it was difficult to find places for our suitcases and clothes. We were continually tripping over the bed to get to the bathroom.

Having said that, the room was spotless and modern. We only heard the pub next door once and that was the night before the rugby match.

All sights are within a 15 to 20 minute walk and there are plenty of restaurants on O'Connell street. We ate at in the hotel restaurant for dinner and couple of times and it was excellent although the service a bit slow at times.

This hotel seems to have several large tour groups stopping there all the time so if you don't like lots of people around don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I would advise people to not come to this hotel as the customer service is the worst ever! not one smiled at me no matter how polite I was and smiled back not even have a nice day. rooms and location is perfect as for atmosphere don't expect great things

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank travellernorthern

Dear travellernorthern,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Tripadvisor. Thank you for letting us know that the rooms and location is prefect!

We pride ourselves on customer service and like to feel that we have an attentive staff in all departments at all times and I am really disappointed to learn that your experience or enjoyment at our hotel was in any way reduced as stated. We encourage our staff to shine and have been guilty, at times, of spending too much time chatting and helping guests with local information and all sorts of queries.

I am genuinely sorry to read your experience was not the same. We would love to see you again sometime and ask that you consider giving us another chance to shine in future and continue to make this the "Great Hotel" you have described in your review title.

Yours sincerely,