“Good night sleep !!! ”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Very clean rooms, great food and good value for money and nice and quiet stay even though we were near one of the busiest roads in lreland, great for stop and shopping trip to unwind and relax before you go get the train or drive home.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at the Ashling. I was pleased to hear that you found the area quiet and that you got a good night's sleep. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Alan Moody

Write a ReviewReviews (4,735)

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location to access Houston station and buses. It's also close to Guiness, Pheonix park, the zoo and the jail. You can walk to city center but it's a hike. There are some nice spots for food close by. Ryan's pub and junos are both awesome. Staff is friendly and wifi is free

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly and the location great for getting to some of Dublin's best visitor attractions. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here following a wedding in the west of Ireland, the hotel is near where the airport bus drops you near the station opposite the Guinness factory. It's a fair walk in to the city centre but on a pleasant evening it's ok. The hotel itself was very smart, clean and all the staff very friendly and helpful. We paid a bit extra and had a superior king room.....it was lovely!! I had the best nights sleep followed by a lovely buffet breakfast. We were able to leave our luggage securely at the hotel until we returned several hours later to get the shuttle back to the airport.
If you want a quiet, slightly away from the bustle of the city hotel, this is a good choice, I would definitely choose it again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaP66
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent visit to the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel lovely and that you had a great night's sleep. I was also pleased to read your comments about our staff and about the breakfast. I hope to welcome you back to us in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My son and I stayed at the Ashling in March 2013. It's not in the city centre, but very reliable public transport runs very close by. Our room was modest and clean. The breakfast buffet was very good.

We were particularly impressed with the front desk staff. Our travel agent made a mistake and had us arriving a day later than our actual arrival. We'd just arrived from the US typically jet-lagged and before 11:00 am. The staff fixed our agent's mistake with grace and got us into a room quickly (particularly considering we were there before check-out time for departing guests).

Finally, even though it's not in the city centre, it IS close to the Guinness factory!

Room Tip: The front of the hotel looks out on a green. We were in the rear, and the view of some of the resid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ImaLumberjack

Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to sort out the slight issue you encountered upon your arrival. I was also pleased that we were able to get you checked into a room right away, as you were jet-lagged. I hope to welcome you back if you are ever back in Ireland.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've stayed at a variety of hotels in Dublin, and for the money, location and service, The Ashling is a great choice! The staff was friendly and helpful-from the staff at breakfast to the bar staff later in the evening. Excellent breakfast, especially if you're going for a big breakfast to carry you through a day of sight-seeing in Dublin. The bed and bathrooms were spacious and comfortable, and include wi-fi, which is always a plus for us international travelers! The location can't be beat to keep you away from the noise of the city center, but to keep you close to major attractions like Jameson, Guinness, St. Michans and Phoenix Park. And if you don't mind a nice walk, you can easily access all the other major city center areas-Temple Bar, Grafton, St. Stephens Green, etc. I would definitely stay at The Ashling again. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CurlyGirl19

Thank you so much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you found the location great and that you were pleased with the price you paid for your stay. I was also delighted with your comments about our staff and how friendly they are. I hope to welcome you back to us, the next time you are in Dublin.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of days last month. The stay was enjoyable. Rooms clean and service at the front desk was about as good as you can get. They are not located in a prime area of dublin but are on a major bus and train route. We put on our hiking shoes and did everything by foot and had a great time exploring. If you have a family this is ideal because it is so close to the dublin zoo and Phoenix park. Dublin zoo is one if the best. Breakfasts were great. They do get tour buses, so you may run into a crowd at breakfast. We did have an issue with our room. It was beautiful, but was under the room with the ice maker for the hotel. Very annoying at night. Needed to use ear plugs. Be careful what room you choose.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sprucecreekfly

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling. I was so pleased to read your comments about the breakfast and about our location, in proximity to Phoenix Park which houses Dublin Zoo. I am also pleased to hear that you got on the hiking shoes and explored Dublin by foot - this really is the best way. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed in the ashling hotel with my friend. It's so easy find coming from the west of Ireland secure parking. Upon entering the hotel we were welcomed by friendly helpfull staff . Our room spotless,spacious and had a fan that worked perfect to keep our room cool. The bathroom was spotless with wonderful shower. We had lunch in the bar tasty and loads of choice . The staff guided us to the luas and were so helpfull explaining local historical places to visit. We slept very well no noise despite being in the heart of Dublin city. Oh the breakfast was wonderful options ranging from fruit,full Irish,pastries ,and to my friends delight a full gluten free range of foods to suit her dietary needs (we sampled everything) . I would highly recommend this clean,relaxed,easy to find,accessible,friendly,modern hotel to anybody looking to stay in the city it's a wonderful find . Keep up the wonderful standards . Super to have free wifi also . Will be back again .

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Olive D

Thank you for this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel and all it has to offer great. I am delighted that you friend was able to avail of our Gluten Free options at breakfast and that you both enjoyed the free wifi. I hope to welcome you both back to us again soon.