“A lovely hotel!”

Ranked #16 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Sligo, Ireland
“A lovely hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel is new, clean, is situated very near Euston Station and on a Luas line for Connolly \station and the city centre.
Good breakfast, attentive staff, plenty of space for relaxing if you are waiting and very good value.
Highly recommended if you do not want to spend a fortune in a city centre hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you so much for this lovely review about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read all of your comments and especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and felt our staff were attentive. I will be delighted to welcome you back to us if you are ever back in Dublin.

Kind Regards
Alan Moody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (789)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I took my wife to Dublin as a birthday treat and in selecting a hotel considered previous reviews here on Trip Adviser. Glad to say the hotel lived up to expectations.

Conveniently situated only a 2 minute walk from Houston rail/bus station and only a 5-10 minute Luas (tram) ride to O'Connell Street. It is in a quite location overlooking the Liffey River and within 5-10 minutes walk to Guinness Storehouse, Kilmainham Gaol, Pheonix park, Dublin Zoo and several museums.

On arriving at 8:30 a.m. we were offered an immediate upgrade to a room that was available for us to check into straight away and the staff were extremely helpful.

Our room (superior king) was spacious, clean and well equiped and serviced well during our 3 day stay. Breakfast was wonderful with plenty to choose from whether you prefer a traditional Irish fry up or want the continental alternative (I sampled both options and they both left me wanting more).

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and were a delight to deal with, always smiling and willing to help no matter what your request.

There is a choice of the main restaurant (The Chesterfield) or the Iveagh bar which serves lighter food but of an excellent quality.

If you are looking for a quality hotel, conveniently located but not directly in the bussling city centre then you won't go wrong in selection The Ashling

On my next rrip to Dublin this hotel will definately be at the top of my list of accomodation

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Liam L
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel for your wife's birthday. I was delighted to read all of your comments and especially pleased to read your thoughts about your room, and about our staff. Thank you for recommending us to others. I hope to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Galway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Lovely modern Hotel, nice spacious rooms:
On site parking at a small cost:
Luas just across from the hotel which brings you directly to O2 where I was attending a concert:
Lovely Bar and bar food:
If you want to stay away from the city centre madness but also have cheap transport into town centre and all that is to see in Dublin it is a gem.
Also adjacent to the train station.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank gcsj
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read your comments about the bar and our location. I will be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Leon, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel a few days leading up to St. Patrick's day and were very pleased. It's conveniently located opposite the Heuston train station, which makes it easily accessible via the 747 airport bus and easy to get the tram into the city. The Guinness storehouse is also just a short 15 minutes walk away. Although there is a taxi stand right in front of the hotel's entrance. We were celebrating a very important occasion and were really delighted when we were upgraded to a better room. Another pleasant surprise was that in the restaurant they had gluten free options, including gluten free bread and pasta. The room was comfortable, the staff friendly and the location although not in the center of Dublin was convenient. Definitely consider this hotel if you're visiting Dublin!

Room Tip: Great views from room 708!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sralenteja
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read all of your comments and especially pleased to read that we were able to upgrade your room type. We have a good selection of gluten free food in both our lunch and dinner menus, and for breakfast, as we are aware that this is a growing need. Thank you for saying to other readers to definitely consider us if they are visiting Dublin, and I hope to see you again soon.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

As a business traveller who likes to experience a bit of central Dublin but who likes to get a really good break for the border in the morning (the border being the M50), then the Ashling is the perfect place. Parking is on site and the hotel is right at the border of central Dublin (great for a walk into town at night and a swift exit by car in the morning). However, the Ashling court the tourist clientele hard and it's not often you can get a room last minute as a business guest. That's great for the Irish tourist trade and as a businessman great to see. I stay in Dublin perhaps twice to three times per month and very frequently check to see if a room is available as it is a friendly and efficient hotel but if they are fully booked as often they are, it gives a warm feeling to know that oversees visitors are enjoying good Dublin hospitality and I just go to the next establishment on my list. Keep it up Ashling Hotel, I will keep booking with you every now and again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about the Ashling Hotel. I was very pleased to read your thoughts about how we cater for both tourists and business guests. We do value both and hope that we have enough to offer both types of guest as we would not want to lose either. I am delighted to hear that you will continue to book with us from time to time. On that note, as a business guest I do hope you have a corporate rate with us. If not, just give us a call on 016772324 and ask for our Sales and Marketing Manager who will be delighted to help you set one up.

Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights in March for a city break to Dublin. Great wow factor reception pink and black with fabulous lighting. Spacious rooms, great breakfasts, very close to the Luas stop Museum. We got a pass for the luas so that you can hop on/off and get into the city centre very easily.

While there was no one feature of the hotel that really stood out, what was so refreshing was that everything worked very well. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom well equipped. The breakfast was excellent and definitely saved us buying lunches!

All in all, excellent value. Clean. Well equipped and very friendly atmosphere.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found everything great, and could not really fault anything. Thank you for saying that our breakfast was excellent. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I took my daughter to Dublin for 8 days. After a long overseas flight we arrived tired but eager to enjoy the city. The check in was a breeze.

The room we were assigned was located in the back of the hotel. It was very dated. I called down to the front desk thinking there was a mistake as it was nothing like what the British Airways site had indicated. I was told that there was nothing they would do and that the room we received was what was the package I had ordered. DO NOT even think that the photos on the BA site are what you will get!!

Not wanting to ruin the trip with complaining we carried on.

After two days I left a card on the door citing that the shower drain was slow and that we didn't have a bathroom fan (no one called to resolve).

This is not a 4 star hotel. The level of room cleanliness and offerings are not to that standard.

I sent a note to the Manager about our room experience and to date have not had a response.... we checked out on March 15th.

The location is really great for heading to the tourist areas but the area is a little rough at night.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 343.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank beetle225
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I have checked on the BA website and you did stay in one of the rooms advertised. We have two tiers of rooms in the hotel, our standard (classic) rooms and our superior rooms. We only sell these standard (classic) rooms with BA. It is regrettable that you did not like the room that you had paid for.
I must say that I am sorry nobody got back to you with the shower drain and the bathroom fan. I have now made our maintenance team aware of both so thank you for bringing it to our attention.