“You have to meet Silvanna at the front desk”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I picked Ashling first due to the location; near the park, bus service and tramstop. Yet had I known I was about to meet the friendliest person in Ireland, location would have ranked second. Without a doubt, Silvanna is the valuable asset of the Ashling as she wants to make your stay in Dublin even if perfect going out of her way to assist. Although we arrived early due to an overnight flight, we had our room within an hour which is another great reason to choose this hotel. Room was not the Ritz yet had all creature comforts needed for an excellent stay and with a very reasonable price. This has to be the top choice for a Dublin hotel and Silvanna needs to travel the world teaching her style of professionalism mixed with fun.

Room Tip: Was concerned about the tram noise at first, but it was never a problem due to the design of the hot...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for this lovely review about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so delighted to read your comments about Silvanna. She is most definitely one of our little gems, and is absolutely delighted with this review. I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Ashling Hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great location, right next to Luas and Hueston station. Check in was quick, very polite. Gorgeous lobby and in my room in no time on the 7th floor. Was delighted the second I went through the door. Very, very impressed, room was huge and clean (deluxe room). The bed was so comfortable (and huge!), tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV, lovely views with ceiling to floor windows. The bathroom was absolutely amazing, large showers, bright clean, the room itself was just huge. Was a brilliant stay and were just sad we couldn’t stay longer!! We had dinner in the main restaurant and the food was perfect (ordered the classic burger, wow) the waiter was very friendly and couldn’t have been more helpful ( we told him we were short on time as we were going to see a show). Will return without a doubt, amazing hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read all of your comments, and especially pleased to hear your thoughts about your room. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed at the Ashling Hotel whilst on a trip with friends in Dublin. I booked a double room which had two queen sized beds and en suite bathroom with bath. It was spacious and furbished with contemporary furniture and decor and had complementary tea and coffee which is always a bonus. The hotel is located outside of the hustle and bustle of the city centre but the tram stop is conveniently located outside and it takes approximately 5 minutes to reach the town centre. If breakfast was included I would've given this hotel 5 stars for affordable luxury in Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you felt the hotel was in a great location, and that you found your room suitable. I would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

just got back from 3 nights in dublin at ashling hotel we caught the 747bus from the airport at 10 euros return fare the hotel is 2mins from heuston station theres a few bars and a good restarant 5 mins away that is if you want because the food and drink in the hotel was excellent the laus tramstop is a 5mins stroll 4 stops later your in the heart of the city coundn`t fault any thing would definatly stay here again especially if you can get the right price on booking .com

1  Thank hawaii54
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear your thoughts about our location and food. I was especially pleased to read that you found it easy to get to us from the airport. I will be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The first impressions of this hotel are good - modern and impressive reception area. We were early to book in but a room was available so there was no problem. However, when we got to our room, it was small and poky like a little box room to the rear of the hotel and alarmingly had an electric storage heater in it. The room was cold and when we went to use the sink there was no hot water even after ten minutes of allowing the tap to run. On complaining the receptionist gave us the option of getting someone to look at it or change rooms. We opted to change rooms and were glad we did. We were moved to a room at the front of the hotel which can only be described as chalk and cheese compared to the room we had vacated. It was large, spacious and modern with a good view and really lived up to the 4 star rating this hotel has. The previous room wouldn't have even rated 2 star! We ate in the bar later that evening and the food was of good quality and reasonably priced for Dublin. If anyone intends to stay at this hotel make sure to ask for a room at the front and avoid rooms to the rear at the end of the corridor.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms to the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank themurds

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was pleased to hear that we were able to change your room, upon you advising the reception team about the lack of hot water. We also then reported it to our maintenance team who were able to fix the problem, so again thank you for alerting us about this. I was delighted to hear you say that you enjoyed the food and found it reasonably priced. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just got back from a hen weekend and could not have picked a better hotel. On arrival we were met by Silvana at reception who has to be the friendliest and most helpful receptionist i have come across, going above and beyond to make out stay special for the bride to be! Thank you Silvana!

The hotel itself has a very impressive reception area and the settees in the cocktail bar have to be tried out - they are amazing! We booked two rooms - a quad and delux double. Both had lovely decor, very clean and the bathroom in the dulux room was huge!

Breakfast was great with a large selection of food to choose from. Would recommend paying to get this as you really get value for money with the choice of food on offer.

The location was ideal, you are out of the noisy centre, but the tram in to the centre only takes about 5 minutes. Best of both worlds!

Would certainly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again if returning to Dublin in the future.

Room Tip: If travelling as a group or family the quad room was an ideal size with two singles and a double.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for this fantastic review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read all of your comments and I was especially pleased to hear that you found our location great. Thank you for mentioning Silvanna, she will be over the moon with your comments. I wish you all the best for the wedding day, and I hope to see you and your friends back again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The area this hotel is in isn't the best. It's in a relatively rough part of town. It's convenient to catch the LUAS train, however.

Our room was nice, although a bit small. The shower enclosure is a bit baffling as it cannot contain the water, so a mopping of the floor is required after use. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large and easy to move around in (some hotels have tiny bathrooms that are barely usable by one person at a time).

We ate at the downstairs restaurants a couple of times. The morning breakfast was great. The lounge had good food but the service wasn't great. There was a large party of women taking most of their attention, so I guess they did their best. These women in the large party, however, were not what you would be used to seeing in a family hotel. These we're "working girls," if you know what I mean. There was about 15 of them and they were cavorting with men at different tables. They were all dressed up and looking for a place to go. They were extremely loud and obnoxious but the restaurant manager seemed to pay no notice. We finished eating as quickly as we could and scuttled back to our room.

My son and I went to a concert the next night and, upon our return, we were greeted at the lobby door by a gentleman confirming guests names and room numbers to his clipboard list as they entered. I would guess this is to keep the working girls and their male counterparts out of their establishment as much as possible. It was certainly interesting. I've stayed at a lot of business-class and family hotels but this experience was a first for me.

Overall, it was a good stay, just avoid the lounge/restaurant in the latter part of the evening.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family