“Ideal for guests travelling by train.”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #13 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently for one night. The staff were very friendly on arrival and although it was too early I could check my bag into a storage facility. Very handy as we had travelled by train from Mayo and was only a short walk from Heuston station. The Luas is very close and very handy as we were going to Tallaght hospital and then into the city for dinner and a show. The room was very clean and quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel's location great for getting to the different places that you needed to be at. I will be delighted to welcome you back to us again, when you are next in Dublin.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We recently stayed at the Ashling as part of our short break, it was wonderful from the room to the breakfasts! Would definitely recommend.
Room - lovely and spacious, great comfy bed, very clean, great view, little noise, modern bathroom with lots of toiletries. Full of information guides and leaflets for inspiration.
Hotel staff - all staff friendly, helpful and pleasant. Arrived before check in time due to early flight and our room was ready for us immediately!
Food - included in our package deal was full breakfasts each morning, delicious fresh food, lovely staff to start the day off with a smile and lots and lots of choice, something for everyone! !
Overall a fantastic stay that certainly will be reccomended, which really put the cherry on top of our break to Dublin :)

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read all of your comments and especially pleased to read your thoughts about your room and our staff. Thank you for saying that you will recommend us to others. I hope to welcome you back to us, if you are back in Dublin.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Everything about this hotel was top notch. Room was large and very comfortable. Staff we're warm, friendly and helpful. Located only a relatively short walk from Temple Bar area. Food in the bar restaurant was outstanding (lunch and dinner) and the service excellent. Similarly, food in the main restaurant was outstanding. Salmon salad to start was really good. One of us had steak, the other pork chop, both terrific.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that everything was great during your stay, especially the food. Thank you for saying that our staff were warm and friendly, and that your room was comfortable. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Have post again about this hotel. I stay here on a regular basis and every time we stay the service is just top class. The staff on reception are friendly and helpful. The staff in the restaurant are so on their jobs and the bar staff are excellent and nothing is to much trouble for any of the staff or managers.
If you are visiting Dublin I would highly recommend staying here or even just going in from some bar food.
The location is great you are near the city just a few stops on the Luas. And you always get value for money
Well done to all in the Ashling

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank buletide

Thank you very much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you are a returning guest and still feel the need to post a positive comment on Trip Advisor. Thank you for saying that the staff in all departments are great, as I believe they are too. I will be delighted to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel is 2 minutes’ walk from Heuston railway station and 10 minutes by tram to shopping areas and 15 minutes by tram to Connolly Station. It is almost next door to the National Museum and a short walk to the zoo. The area around the hotel is not particularly salubrious; perhaps some might describe it as a bit rough, but there are a few pubs locally and the hotel pub is fine.
I was on the 6th floor, it was a windy night and there was a lot of banging and rattling of fittings and material on the roof area outside my room. The room itself was very nice, clean and modern, the bath was small, but the bathroom was enormous. Room service food was cold and of a poor standard, breakfast was nothing special – buffet food of a normal standard for a 3-4 star hotel. The buffet lunch needed strong teeth to chew the beef but it was tasty. The conference staff bent over backwards to assist and help, but the conference room had too many pillars for comfortable viewing of projector screens.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the Ashling Hotel. I was pleased to hear that you found the location suitable for getting around the city. I am sorry to hear that you did not find breakfast as appealing as many of our other guests. We offer over 100 items and I can honestly say that I do not know many other places that do so. Thank you for saying that our conference staff bend over backwards to assist and help guests.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Arriving for the Six Nations Rugby weekend, my partner and I were offered a very reasonable upgrade to a 'Superior Double' room and we were delighted with our choice to do so.

At the front of the hotel, with views of the Guinness buildings in the foreground and the Wicklow Hills in the background, or room was spotless, spacious, tastefully decorated and with one of the finest hotel bathrooms I have seen in a long time.

The staff at the hotel were warm, welcoming and knowledgable. Couple this with a tremendous breakfast selection and it's hard to find fault with the establishment.

As a smoker, it was also refreshing to find that the management had made provision for us within a few metres of the hotel's Iveagh Bar, which made a nice change from having to stand outside hotel doorways, or in darkened doorways.

Albeit slightly further from the City Centre than we have been used to in the past, the proximity of Heuston Station (150m-ish) and with a Luas (Red Line) stop just down the road from the Ashling, access to the City Centre is swift and hassle-free.

All-in-all, we were more than happy with our stay (especially due to other incidentals such as the quality & speed of their WiFi) and fully intend to make a future visit, when the occasion arises.

Keep up the good work folks!

Room Tip: If you're given the option, go for one of the Superior Doubles. Well worth the slight differenc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank im-crafty-legend
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read all of your comments, especially those about your room and about our staff. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

As always a pleasure, such friendly staff, amazing food in bar and restaurant . Beautiful rooms , great location especially going to a concert in o2 . Transport right outside hotel, very friendly taxi drivers, door men of hotel very helpful, stayed here a few times, never a let down, and such good value for money. Looking forward to staying with ye again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashyom

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear all of your comments, especially those about our staff and food. I always appreciate it when a returning guest leaves a review as it shows we have impressed you more than once. I will be over the moon to welcome you back to us soon.