“Immaculate room, most comfortable king size bed, excellent value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #16 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Immaculate room, most comfortable king size bed, excellent value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

On the River Liffey, on the tram line, across from rail station, by the tour bus stop and in walking distance to many attractions. Just up from hotel you have Ryan's for an authentic Victorian public house with FX Buckley steak house above. Walked to Kilmainham Gaol which also is a must. We were very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed February 2014
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for these lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found our location great and that you were pleased with your choice of hotel. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Alan Moody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (789)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Ballyduff, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I overnighted in the Ashling on February 6th and really enjoyed the stay. The receptionist was warm, helpful and welcoming. The check-in was painless and she immediately offered me the information and password for accessing the hotel WIFI network. I stayed on the 7th floor in a single room. The room was clean and neat with all necessary requirements in place. The aircon unit in the room was noisy but I could turn it off so it did not interfere with sleep. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with a powerful shower unit fitted.
I dined in the bar that evening and the meal was enjoyable and good value for money. Again, the staff in this area were excellent and very friendly.
The breakfast selection was first class with a full range of cereal, grains, juice and cooked items on offer.
When checking out, I mentioned the aircon unit to the on duty receptionist who noted the issue and room number, apologised for the problem and thanked me for reporting it. Again, top class customer service.
I really enjoyed my visit and will certainly use The Ashling in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were especially happy with your room and the breakfast selection. I was also delighted to hear that you felt our staff provided top class customer service, as this is something we strive for. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future.

Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This review should have been left in 2012.....oops! Better late than never!
My partner and I stayed at the Ashling for one night, we were especially excited when we got to our room and could see the Guinness Factory over the Liffey. Our room was super, very spacious, modern, clean and had the most amazing shower! Great location, walkable to city centre and Phoenix Park. Ideal! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this lovely review of your past stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read that everything was satisfactory and especially pleased to hear that you loved your room. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future.

Teramo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We spent 3 nights in the Ashling Hotel and we were very pleased with our choice. The superior deluxe room we had was large, with a huge en-suite, clean, bright and with a full length window overlooking the city. The staff were super friendly and whilst quite a large hotel, it had a warm feel about it. Only a short walk from the bus and tram stop and just a 15 minute walk into the centre. The bar area is nice, with a good selection of drinks and bar snacks and once again the staff there were cheery, friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be working there.

All in all, very good choice away from the noise of the city centre. Some of the best attractions are also located at this end of the city, Kilmainham Gaol being within walking distance and a must to visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel offer great views, although choose a higher floor, as there might be...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read your comments about our staff and your room. I was also pleased to hear that you found our location great for visiting some of Dublin's tourist attractions. I hope that you will stay with us again, if you are ever back in Dublin.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Ashling delivers on all of the basics, It isn't quite as luxurious as the lobby might suggest though. The rooms are simple, with everything you need but without any wow factor. A gym would be nice too given that the slightly out of the way location allows them a lot of space to play with. All in all I'd rate it as a decent 3*, If you are looking for 4, go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. We would love to be able to have gym facilities but unfortunately we do not have the room. However, for those that love some outdoor exercise the Phoenix Park is right on our doorstep. I hope to welcome you back in the future if you are ever back in Dublin.

Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a long weekend over Valentines and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the 4th floor and was lovely, clean and modern. The bathroom had a really nice shower, and the bathroom toiletries provided were nice too. The TV had plenty of channels and the tea and coffee making facilities were re-stocked daily. I would recommend the Iveagh Bar downstairs. We ate here on our last night and it was really nice food, quick service and the staff are always checking to see if you need anymore drinks etc. The reception staff were also friendly and welcoming, our room was not ready when we arrived (as we arrived extremely early) so they stored our bags for us and we were able to explore the city and come back in the afternoon for check in. We got a taxi to the hotel from the airport which cost €40, and realised the bus stop at Heuston Station was a 2minute walk and from here we caught the bus back to the airport for just €6 each. To get into the city centre (Jervis stop - 5min walk from Temple Bar) took just a 3-4min walk to the Luas stop which costs €1.70 and was a short 5min ride, or if you wanted to walk in it only takes 15mins. The hotel is also opposite the Guinness Storehouse which was a 5-10min walk.Overall we would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to have read all of your comments and especially pleased to hear that you found your room clean and modern. I was also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and the service you received whilst you were here. Thank you for saying you will recommend us to others and I hope to see you again in the near future.

New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed at the Ashling from Feb 5th to 11th. The first impression was a grand one with a nicely appointed lobby and beautiful floors that had sparkles in them. We were worried our room may not be ready and we were so happy when they told us they had a room available for us to check in early. This was at about noon and the official check in time was not until 3pm. The check in was fast and the front desk staff warm and welcoming.
Our room was very clean and comfortable with a beautiful view of the park. Some people here have complained about the noise in the front rooms but it was very minimal in my opinion. I think you would have to be a very light sleeper to notice. The window drapes were nice and thick and kept the room very dark for sleeping in late (which we did due to some late nights). It was a bit odd that the shower only had a half door, this would sometimes cause a little water on the floor but it was nothing serious. The only reason I cant give this hotel 5 stars is the beds unfortunately. It was like sleeping on a board with a sheet on top of it. I was so sore the entire trip and kept having to sleeplessly turn all night like a rotisserie chicken to stop the aches and pains. Every other thing about the room was perfect.
We ate in the bar and at the breakfast buffet once. Both meals were as expected, nothing over the top.
The location was fantastic. Its so close to all the transportation and there were always taxis just outside the door. When there were not the staff would get one there within minutes.
THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL IS THE STAFF. They went completely above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Every person we encountered was exceptionally friendly, especially Silvannah at the front desk. She is a real credit to the hotel. Her bubbly personality was one of the things we looked forward to during our stay. She always had time to come have some friendly words with us and helped us continually with directions and suggestions for fun activities. The staff is absolutely tops. Even when I came back too late for a glass of wine they arranged one for me. They must have been sick of us but they never let on LOL.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for this wonderful review of the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear all of your comments and especially pleased to hear your thoughts about our staff. They truly are the heartbeat of the hotel and I am so pleased they made your stay that extra bit special. I would be over the moon to welcome you back to us, if you are ever back in Dublin.