“New Year in Dublin”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We travelled as a family to spend New Year in Dublin. I phoned the hotel the day before as our flight was arriving in at 0930hrs and check in was not till 3pm to see if we could access our rooms early and was told to come to the desk on arrival. We arrived at 10 in morning and went to the desk as arranged and was told to come back at 3 which was disappointing as we wanted a rest before heading out for the nights events. We eventually got access to our room just after 2 and had a sleep although missed the people procession which was a bit disappointing for us but sleep took over. However it is clearly stated that the access to the rooms is 3pm, so really i cant complain too much, more a moan! The rooms were big enough for our family of four although none of the family rooms faced the front of the hotel as this is what I requested and told none faced the front. The walls are thin and the hairdryer is only very short of useless. Take your own if you can. The room suited our needs, was clean and tidy and we had no complaints and the breakfast was very nice and plentiful, Buffet style. Access to bus, tram and train are all within 2-3 mins walk. Would book again if going with the family.

Room Tip: Family rooms only appear to face back and side and not front. Walls thin but thankfully no guests w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I was glad we were able to check you and your family in a little earlier than 3pm, as we can be very busy at times, and cannot always guarantee it. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. I would be delighted to welcome you and your family back to us again.

There are newer reviews for Ashling Hotel

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I visited Ireland for the first time with my family.It was my dad's 60th birthday.
We found a very good deal when booking our holiday and was also shocked to find it looked like a very nice hotel too!! Appeared to be central to a lot of attractions..
On arrival we were impressed. The front desk were very attentive.. And we even checked into our room before check in time. However the view outside of our room wasn't fantastic.. We had a car park. Nevertheless the room was very clean and cosy!
One day I ordered a pot of tea which I waited over 45 mins for when I asked at the bar they were very apologetic and Katie (bar staff) got me a drinks voucher and treated me to a lovely cocktail later that eveningg.
Lovely hotel and central to everything.
Looking forward to my return!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you are looking forward to your return. I apologise for the wait on the tea, but I was glad to hear that Katie sorted the problem for you. I was also pleased to read that you found the staff at the front desk attentive. I look forward to welcoming you back to us again.

Best Wishes

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have just arrived back from dublin 4hrs ago and we are already looking to book again . We found the staff to be very helpful at all times , one person in particular is very freindly & very welcoming (Silvana) and she couldn't help enough , always smiling & very bubbly . The hotel is great value for money . Food is excellent , rooms really clean , situated in a great location . We could not fault this hotel at all .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff welcoming. I will be sure to show this review to Silvana and I am positive that she will be delighted to have had a special mention. I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just returned from a 3 day break over New Year. The hotel is in an excellent location across from Heuston Station and the Guiness Storehouse. The zoo is about a 10 min walk and the tram stop a few mins away, there are always taxis outside as well. A walk to Temple Bar is straight forward and takes about 30 mins or jump on the tram.
The hotel itself is lovely and the staff very helpful and friendly. We had a superior king room with a balcony and the bed is huge. The room is spacious and the decor nice, only fault is the poor lighting in both bedroom and bathroom. We had a full Irish breakfast every day and tried the set dinner menu, food excellent. Would definately stay here again

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and had no problems with noise at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in Chesterfields restaurant and that you would definitely stay here again. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Such a good hotel, really well maintained! Beautiful surroundings! Great service! 10 min walk from Dublin zoo!!
Lovely food the bar and restaurant afe spot on!! Breakfast: everything you will ever need! Even live lobster in the tank! Could not adk for more!! BRILLIANT!! ONly issue is its isnt 10 min walk from the temple bar area its prob 25 min but its such a good hotel! Would defo recommend :-) up the road to your left is a nice lil pub that does thee nicest guiness pie!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay and that you especially enjoyed our breakfast. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just returned home after spending 2 nights over New Year in Dublin staying at the Ashling Hotel. The hotel was modern, clean and the staff were exceptionally professional, helpful and friendly. We stayed on a Bed and breakfast basis and would highly recommend the breakfast, well worth the money.The hotel is about a 30 minute walk into Dublin city centre but it is an easy route, just follow the Liffey. If you prefer not to walk the hotel is on the tram route into the city centre.The tram stop is 3 minutes from the hotel and runs approx every 10 minutes.
If you have the opportunity to upgrade to a delux king room do it! The size of the bed, room and bathroom are amazing.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel can be quite noisy in the morning as the hotel is on a busy road jun...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CLM2014

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found your bedroom great and the location of the hotel suitable. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the breakfast. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in this hotel over the New Year period, and would happily return. Bed was large and comfy, en suite room clean and well equipped for a few days break in the city. Location is within walking distance of Dublin Zoo and the town centre, and nearby are stops for the buses and trams. Staff were friendly and efficient, check-in was easy. Good choice of menus for breakfast or meals throughout the day. All in all, the hotel had a lovely feel about it, well decorated, clean, friendly, and is definitely recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our breakfast and location great. Thank you for saying that you would recommend us to others. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future.

Best Wishes