Ashling Hotel
$202
$182
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$123
$119
4,912 results
All reviewsphoenix parkiveagh barguinness factorynancy handsheuston train stationcity centresuperior king roomgreat hotelnational museumminute walktram linekilmainham gaolbreakfast buffetluas stopacross the riverbreakfast was amazingbar food
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night only and enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel. Restaurant and bar were tastefully decorated, as were the rooms.
We had a lovely view over the park at the front of the hotel, yet noise from the street was minimal.
Enjoyed an evening meal and breakfast here, and yet again, no complaints.
During our stay we used taxis to travel in and out of town. We met a lovely driver called Dinny, who looked after us, got us where we wanted to go with no hassle and made sure we made it to the airport on time! He is an absolute credit to the hotel. He went out of his way to look after us and make sure we stayed safe during our visit.
Top marks!!

Room Tip: 354 is a lovely twin room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay. I will make sure Dinny sees this review, and I am sure he will appreciate it. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation in Dublin when he suddenly became very ill. I stayed at the Ashling while he was hospitalized in St. James's. On checking in, when the front desk clerk became aware of my circumstances, she showed great concern and gave me vouchers for breakfast in the hotel. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the wait staff were always present. LUIS tram right outside front door. Beautiful clean room, very spacious. Had the good fortune to encounter their resident taxi driver, Dinny. He had me smiling and laughing from the time I got in his vehicle until I got out. Quite a character. Very funny and charming. When leaving Ashling, turn left and immediately beside the hotel is a small bar which is welcoming and friendly. Sorry, but I can't recall the name. I went in for a glass of wine after returning from the hospital and when they heard about my husband, they sold me a bottle of wine for my room (not expensive) wrapped up a wine glass for me and threw in a couple of bags of "crisps". And they would not even think of me giving them a tip. Awesome. So very friendly and caring. Can't say enough about the lovely people at the Ashling, the little bar and Dinny.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for this wonderful review about your unexpected stay at the Ashling. I will make sure Dinny sees this review, and I will also call into the Millennium bar next door with a copy for them. I am so pleased to hear that whether it was from us, Dinny, or the barmen next door in the Millennium, your stay was made special and welcoming. I hope your husband is feeling better, and I would be delighted to welcome you back to us, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Choose this hotel because had car after touring around & they have on site parking (although
you do have to pay) Had twin room which was a good size, clean & comfortable. Easy walk to
Guinness factory, and about 15min to shopping but you can also take the tram which stops very
near by. The only issue was not clear how to get to carpark, due to one-way system had to circle
the block 3 times before finding correct street to get to front of hotel (you actually have to drive
over the tram tracks at one point). Didnt eat in hotel so cannot comment on food. Free wifi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was pleased to hear that you found your room comfortable and our location good for getting about. Thank you for bringing your experience of getting into our carpark to me, as I will now look into how this can be made easier. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of May and were completely blown away with this beautiful hotel.
Our room was upgraded and was palatial; our bed was so wonderfully big and comfortable.
The bathroom (with a sink each!) was stunning. The restaurant and bar was amazing, where nothing was too much trouble for the staff, who served you with a smile. I had a steak and Guinness pie that melted in the mouth!
I'm hoping the Specials play again in Dublin next year; give me reason to go back to this breath-taking hotel :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn H
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found your bedroom palatial. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Steak and Guinness pie, it is one of our classics. I hope the Specials also play again, as I would be delighted to welcome you back to us.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Good modern and efficient hotel with pleasant bar – the staff were very helpful and made up a meal out of hours to our specification even though we arrived late; their regular taxi driver Dinny, was also very helpful and an entertaining talker.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris H

Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at the Ashling. I was delighted to read all of your points and I was especially pleased to see Dinny's name. I will be sure to see him in the next few days and will pass this on to him. I am positive that he will be delighted. I hope to welcome you back to us here at the Ashling, if you are ever back in Dublin.