Ashling Hotel
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Harding Hotel(Dublin)
4,860 results
All reviewsphoenix parkiveagh barguinness factorynancy handsheuston train stationcity centresuperior king roomgreat hotelnational museumminute walktram linekilmainham gaolbreakfast buffetluas stopacross the riverbreakfast was amazingbar food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Ashling Hotel for two nights,as we were attending El Divo at the O2. It was great in every way, staff were most helpful and the food was great especially the breakfast. For anyone wishing to go to the 02 can get the Luas line outside hotel, no need for taxi as it brings you right outside 02. Also there was a great buzz in the bar. Will definitely stay again. Marian and Geraldine from Cork

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and the view faced the park. Lovely to sit and watch the world go by
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marian D
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and your kind words regarding our staff and food especially our Full Irish Buffet Breakfast. Getting to the O2 is so accessible with the LUAS running directly outside the hotel. (TOP TIP: Buy a return ticket and you get to skip the queue on the way back with your pre-purchased ticket). We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We found the Ashling hotel a great place to stay and a great location. It is close enough to walk into the main part of Dublin, but has public transport options at its doorstep if you prefer not to walk. Our room was spacious, clean and the staff were always very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen L

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ashling Hotel. We are delighted to see you had an enjoyable stay and do hope to welcome you back to the Ashling on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Booked into the Ashling for 2 nights, spotlessly clean, staff extremely friendly and helpful and breakfast is well worth it. We were about ten or 15 mins from city centre and we were blessed with good weather so walked into Dublin City for a scout about, luas line right outside the door couldnt of asked for anything else for convenience, and the Hotel was a hive of activity the whole time we were there.

Room Tip: The hotel taxi driver I think his name was Denis Byrne, was so chatty friendly and informative a real dubliner and so funny, gave us loads of helpful advice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol M

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. We were delighted to read you had a most enjoyable stay. We will be sure to pass your kind words onto Denis Byrne one of our Taxi Drivers as well. We do hope to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was incredibly surprised when I first arrived in Dublin to find that I could take a bus all the way from the ferry port to almost at the doorstep of the Ashling! Literally, all I had to do was walk across the bridge from Heuston Station to Ashling. It was incredible, and I loved that location. The downside is that, though it's almost on the River Liffey (a HUGE benefit, by the way--you'll never get lost as long as you can find the River Liffey, and that's pretty hard to do!), it's at the far west side of Dublin, and because my interests in the city lay largely towards central Dublin, if not east Dublin (Trinity College, Temple Bar, etc.), it made for a long walk each day around.
Location being reviewed, let's talk about the hotel itself. The room came with a thermostat, which was absolutely brilliant. I've never seen a room in which you have to insert your key card in order to get the lights turned on, but I loved that--so environmentally friendly! The bathroom was completely spotless and very modernized with a good amount of room in it and excellent ventilation. I had the Do Not Disturb sign on my door in the mornings when the cleaning lady came by, and because of this, she still managed to complete her duties by leaving a bag of fresh towels, toiletries, and toilet paper on the doorknob of my door each day. I was very impressed with that. The only thing I really have to complain about is that I paid for a single room with a double bed in it, but instead, I got a room with two singles in it. No matter, because they were still the largest singles I've ever had in addition to being extremely comfortable and soft with firm pillows. The sheets still had that fresh scent of straight-from-the-wash scent to them, and when I pressed my nose to my clean towels, I could smell faint, harmless traces of bleach, which made me, a clean freak, very happy indeed. My room was absolutely beautiful. Dark wood complemented by glimmering mirrors and classic colours--it was so, so classy. I loved it!
Having to do with the service: The workers in the reception, bar, and restaurant were very helpful and polite, though their politeness seemed a bit fake, though I've no idea why. When I called the reception desk from my room, however, they were very kind, and they booked me a taxi as well as a wake-up call with no problem. However, while inquiring upon further matters with the man from reception, I was misinformed concerning particular abilities of the front desk staff, which resulted in somewhat of an embarrassing episode for me that I do not wish to repeat. This incident led to further stress for me, and I was not pleased.
Overall, though, the hotel was very nice. It was a comfortable place where I felt completely safe, and that's what mattered most to me. I never used the safe provided in the room, and everything was fine. My only other disappointments were that there was no microwave, refrigerator, nor ice bucket made available in the room, and the ice bucket was only available if one were to go down to the bar and ask for it, which was quite the inconvenience. With all of the coffee and tea packs provided, along with excess amounts of toiletries, would it really have been so difficult for the hotel to provide ice buckets in-room? Also, I'd like to mention that, after spending such amounts on this hotel, I was trying to stay economical when going out to dinner, and everything suggested in the dining pamphlet placed in my room was utterly ridiculously priced, as was the restaurant in the hotel which I did, in fact, visit, and which disappointed me when I ordered one of my favorite dishes. The chef was too heavy-handed with the peppers and onions and used the flavouring, including salt and cheese, too sparingly. As I am somewhat allergic to peppers and the peppers were not mentioned on the menu as being included, this was a bad thing. On another note, I had a room facing over the street on the first floor (for Americans, that's the second floor) and the windows were not soundproofed, which I, personally, really only noticed when there was a plane going overhead, which was rare. It could have been worse. However, I do recommend that, if you're a light sleeper, that you ask for a room elsewhere in the building.
Overall, however, I am very pleased with my stay at Ashling. It is a lovely hotel in a lovely place and is well kept. I am impressed, and I would both recommend and return, given the chance.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, stay away from the side of the building overlooking the street. The windows are not soundproofed. However, if you want a lovely view overlooking the canal and the garden in front of the hotel, go for that side. I don't really think you can go wrong at this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for your very informative review on TripAdvisor and we were delighted to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay and would recommend to others and return to us.

Regarding a particular incident which you mentioned, if you wish to contact us to discuss this matter further we would be delighted to talk. guestcare@ashlinghotel.ie

Best Wishes,

_____________________

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Good location. 10 min walk to Guinness Storehouse and 20 min. to the Temple Bar area. The bar was the best place to unwind and have some great food. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The staff was wonderful and helped us with all our questions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ashling Hotel on TripAdvisor. We were delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and our staff were very helpful with your queries. We do hope to welcome you back to the Ashling in the future.

Best Wishes,