Ashling Hotel
$377
$263
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$380
$349
Westbury Hotel
$213
$192
Agoda.com
4,906 results
All reviewsphoenix parkiveagh barguinness factorynancy handsheuston train stationcity centresuperior king roomgreat hotelnational museumminute walktram linekilmainham gaolbreakfast buffetluas stopacross the riverbreakfast was amazingbar food
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on 23rd Sept 12 with husband. Got a fabulous room (370). Very friendly staff at reception in bar and in dining room for breakfast. Booked through Travel Republic and was expecting to get one of the older rooms but to my delight was allocated one of the re-vamped rooms. Secure Parking at hotel at a cost of €8 for overnight stay. Luas Stops & Hueston Train Station close by so this hotel is in an excellent position. The breakfast was fantastic - lots of choice and catered for those on gluten-free diet. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 307 was fab but I think any of the rooms that have been re-vamped would be good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I went to Dublin with my mother and brother and we booked a triple room at the Ashling Hotel. The hotel is not located in the city center - but that was not a problem to us. Right next to it one can find the National Museum of Ireland and one of the Guinness breweries. There is parking available and, if I am not mistaken, it costed us 8 Euro/night. Walking to the city center takes between 20-25 min - it is a nice walk alongside the Liffey, so I believe it is worth it. There is also public transportation available (LUAS) within 100m or so. The hotel is very big - with restaurant and a fairly large café area. To me, it is just not very personal. One must use his/her card to access different corridors in the hotel - which I can understand for security reasons. My point is that I was reminded all of the time I was staying at a hotel - whereas I like to feel a bit at home, like to get a chance to meet the staff, get something more personal. I have had more personal experiences in big hotels, so I do not believe it is because of the size. The rooms were big but, again, very basic. No fridge, no interesting decoration elements. A solid experience but, like the title says, nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The lobby of the Ashling hotel gave me great expectations for the room we were about to stay in, but it turned out the actual hotel rooms were somewhat older and tired looking. The breakfast was very good. The hotel is located a fair bit outside of downtown Dublin, so if you are looking to stay in the heart of the city or stay out late to party, this is not the hotel for you. It is reasonably easy to get into the city center on the Luas train or by cab (approx 15 Euro). One odd thing when we returned to the hotel after hours is that the doors were locked and we had to prove our identities to the late night doorman before he would let us in -- it gave me the willies about the area of town we were staying in, which had seemed perfectly fine during the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ashling Hotel for 3 days and were very impressed with our time spent there, our room was upgraded for reasons unknown but was so large I think I needed to get up earlier just to get to the bathroom in time before going to have breakfast before it closed. Breakfast and dinner aswell as food in bar were superb, very clean and wonderfull service from all staff at all times. thankyou.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in September 2012. Not really a bad word to say about it. Excellent deal on the hotel, superior king room and breakfast included. Room was beautifully decorated, massive clean comfy bed, at the front of the hotel overlooking the memorial garden and the guinness factory. Little noise from the tram line that is right outside could he heard, hotel unable to offer a new room for us due to being fully booked but offered us free drinks in the hotel bar (bonus as very pricey!). Breakfast was of excellent quality, accommodating all kinds of diet. Food in the bar was also delicious! Location is perfect in my opinion, on the Luas tram line takes 5 mins to the city and is really cheap! We walked however most days which only 20 mins along the river. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back would be generally quieter I feel as we had noise from the tram. you may get views of phoenix park from the back also!
Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple