“Excellent!”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We liked almost all - the rooms are very beautiful, clean, spacious. The view over the city is fantstic! Luxurious bathroom & giant bed. Each room has its own air conditioner, so you can enjoy temperature you like. Very tasty restaurant! But a bit expensive. The staff - perfect, as it should be. Good location - 3 minutes walk to the history museum & 5-7 to guiness storehouse. A bus & train stop are near too. If you return late at night the taxi from temple bar would cost you 6-7 euros. And we felt very safe at the hotel thanks to good security system - no strangers can enter there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ashling Hotel

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Ashling Hotel was in great location easy to get to with great access to downtown Dublin. Staff courteous, pleasant and helpful especially the front desk. Will go back again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and child. We booked a suite which was wonderful and very spaceous for a European hotel. Everything was very modern and the staff was very helpful, warm and friendly. They even arranged for babysitting for us at the last minute.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed at the Ashling this Sunday night and I must say I was also impressed. The hotel is clean and welcoming and good value for Dublin city. The big bonus is the parking overnight for a modest fee. I was worried about the food as one reviewer had said it was not good but my meals were fine and I am fussy about food. In fact it was good overall. I did find the staff helpful except for the breakfast restaurant manager who made me wait while she stacked glasses before coming over the check my room number and then to my surprise pointed at a table way up the back and said you can sit there. I hesitated giving her ample time to find her manners and guide me to my table but no she walked off as I struggled through crowded tables to find my allocated table. However later on I did notice she did indeed show other customers to their tables. I wonder why I was treated this way? Shoddy performance for a four star hotel in friendly Ireland. But the other staff in the restaurant were otherwise excellent. Reception staff were also very professional.
My room was very good having been upgraded but boy was the large bathroom cold. There was no heating at all and frankly a wall mounted towel rail would have made all the difference and let me enjoy the walk in rainfall shower and double sinks in room 569. Also having a panoramic view of Dublin is all well and good from the 5th floor but some of us have modesty and a sheer curtain to draw at our discretion would have been welcomed. I also noted a limited supply of toiletries and no bottled water. You find these in good B & Bs these days. Hey Ashling hotel for the upgraded rooms make the extra effort for those rooms please when we pay premium and expect a bit more. Maybe even a hand held hair dryer in the bureau rather trying to dry our hair with those notoriously weak wall mounted hair dryers in the bathroom. The tea /coffee tray was nifty, no wires etc, all bulid in.
Yes I have complaints but this is a fine hotel to stay in. Close to the ‘Luas’ tram line and walkable into Dublin if you have suitable shoes. I am staying there again in March, so I have confidence that my stay will be comfortable but maybe I will stick to a smaller room and bring my own hair dryer and water!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Stayed at Best Western Ashling Hotel for two nights in April 2010. The room and hotel was nice and modern however hotel staff were rude and unhelpful. The location was also poor being nowhere near Dublin centre despite being advertised (or suggested) as such. I probably would visit again because the positives outweigh the negatives overall.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2011

beautiful hotel beside heuston station easy to find nd only 50m from the luas. Booked in a superior king room nd it was massive really clean just lovely. Asked for quiet room nd got it it was one of the nicest rooms i have stayed in. the parking is very reasonable. Ate in the restaurant would'nt recommend it food was not nice its a pity cos its a fabulous hotel. great hotel for a days shopping in dublin. cant say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here because it's right across the street from Heuston Station and we didn't want to have to pay for yet another expensive taxi ride. We were glad we chose the Ashling Hotel. It's in a slightly out-of-the-way part of Dublin but at the same time makes the rest of Dublin very accessible; it's right on the Luas red line. It's also within very easy walking distance of Phoenix Park. The restaurants on the same street as the hotel are great, especially Juno's Cafe, and it was very nice to be so close to a convenience store and a car rental place.

The hotel itself is fine, nothing very special. I found the heated towel racks completely unnecessary and wasteful. Also, I stayed in this hotel on two separate occasions and found that the showers in both rooms sprayed all over the floor, which was really annoying. Housekeeping seemed to be about constantly, long into the evening, which I found a little strange, but the staff were very nice. The front desk service was a little curt but not too bad. My only real complaint about them was when I came back from dinner one night and asked to extend my stay. The lady changed some things in the computer and said it was fine. The next day we found our key cards didn't work anymore because the lady at the desk hadn't changed them to match our extended stay, nor had she informed us that we'd need to have them changed. That's just pretty poor service. Overall, though, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple