Clontarf Castle Hotel
Westin.com
$215
$205
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$380
$349
Westbury Hotel
4,443 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandweddingvijayarmourconciergehowtheuro
Reviewed August 31, 2009

This hotel was excellent for our short winter break. Loved Dublin and it was very easy to travel in by bus (although bus drivers are crazy!) Lovely breakfasts, beautiful room. Got the deal via Travelzoo which included chocolate cake and sparkly wine on one evening, yum!

Lots of information on the local history in the literature in the room, which was very interesting.

Visited the tourist information and bought a three day pass for the hop on, hop off buses which was well worth it - all the Irish bus drivers are comedians.

You should definitely visit the Guinness brewery and the Jamesons distillery (oh I sound like I have a problem) - it was winter and we needed to keep warm.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
TCahalane, Internet Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel.

I am extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hotel.

Clontarf Castle hotel is located in the tranquil location of Clontarf and ideally located within easy access of the city center.

On behalf of the team here, we very much look forward to your return and in the mean time should you have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2009

visited this hotel for a wedding, good value overall, very modern rooms, very busy hotel between weddings/locals, not ideal for a quiet break, wedding party on one night were quite rowdy in the bar, good for exploring the north side of the city and would recommend it, one small point no newspapers available and €20 for breakfast which was excessive

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
TCahalane, Internet Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2009

Dear Guest,

Greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We review all our guests’ feedback on a regular basis, whether it bad or good. It allows us to build on our strengths and highlights any issues that need to be resolved.

I am delighted that you would recommend the hotel to a friend.

Indeed, the Castle can get busy due to its popularity but our staff has excellent experience in dealing with this.

For breakfast, our rate is €10 per guest and has something to suit everyone including full Irish breakfast plus continental options.

If you have any questions or additional comments, please feel free to contact me personally.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2009

We stayed here on our last night in Ireland, and it was an enjoyable stay. There was a wedding going on, but it didn't interfere with our evening and only occasionally got a little noisy. I don't doubt that some nights are noisier than others, but our room was on the main floor near the lobby, and it was fine. The hotel is situated conveniently for the airport, but perhaps not for Dublin proper (we stayed near Temple Bar the first couple of nights of our trip, where everything was walkable).

The staff was helpful and courteous, patiently providing directions and recommendations. No complaints at all.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, with modern touches like a backlit headboard and flat-panel television. The bathroom was roomy and clean.

The lobby area was very cool, with lots of natural light and contemporary elements (like the several-story sculpture and lighted "wall of keys" behind the concierge desk) amid the stone walls and throne-like chairs. We enjoyed one last Guinness in Ireland in the Knights Bar, which was also architecturally interesting (and packed!).

Overall, a modern and unique hotel and one I'd recommend to those looking for a nice place near the airport.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
TCahalane, Internet Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel.

I am extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hotel.

Our award winning hotel is located in the tranquil location of Clontarf and ideally located within easy access of the city center.

We pride ourselves on the service that we can provide to our guests and I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations.

Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2009

When I booked this hotel for a Valentines break I had expectations of romanic strolls around the grounds of an Irish castle but was severely disappointed when we arrived to find there were no gardens or garden areas to sit in outside the hotel. This was not the fault of the hotel as it had not been advertised as having gardens.........It is situated in the middle of a housing / residential area so dont go there if you want to go for long walks!

The food and drink was excellent! Breakfast was faultless! It would be a good location for a christmas party / works party but not a romantic getaway!

Our room was also tiny!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
TCahalane, Internet Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted that you would recommend Clontarf Castle to a friend.

Our award winning hotel is ideally located within easy access of the city center and we pride ourselves on providing guests with the best possible service necessary.

If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact me directly

Thanks,

Triona

Reviewed August 24, 2009

When we first arrived the staff were friendly. Our room was lovely but very small and my boyfirend had paid ALOT for us to stay there, as we were going to watch U2.
I was very excited about visiting Dublin and found the hotel friendly and people working there helpful.
What i wasnt happy about is this:
The WHOLE time we were there there were private functions (weddings etc) and we as guests were not notified. It is a small hotel so this kind of thing has a huge affect on the facilities.
On our first day in Dublin we had decided not to eat out and go back to the Indigo lounge as I thought it looked somewhere I'd like to spend my evening. But when we got back to the hotel about 7pm Friday we saw it was busy. Little did we know where was a private function where it was made very clear that "you are not welcome in here this is a private function" I assume this comment to be made by a guest though a member of staff heard and said nothing to apologise.
Not only did i feel embarrased that we had to turn around and walk out but also cheesed off that we had no other choice than to eat in the restaurant. Food was great but expensive so dinner was about 90 euros.
So i thought we would get to use Indigo the next evening. No. Another function. So all the guests had to use the other bar which was very busy and service was poor and slow.
Overall is was fine but I thought I expected a bit more when paying so much.
They also did not clean out room during our stay I had to ask when i got in at 6pm Saturday!
Anyway we left there. Had settled our bill etc
About a week later my boyfirend got his credit card statement. They had chagred him twice for our 90 euro dinner! Anyway we rang them and they were not forthcoming with an aplogy or refund so we sent the evidence. My boyfriend emailed and rang a few times as they kept ignoring him.
In the end they did refund but did not communicate they had done so.
I was upset after ALL we had spent there they were not bothered in being apologetic.
So overall if you want to feel special, which I thought I would do going to a 'castle', then dont go here! Dublin is great though.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salsprite
TCahalane, Internet Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about Clontarf Castle Hotel.

Indeed, the Castle can get busy due to its popularity but our staff have excellent experience in dealing with this.

I am disappointed to hear about the mistake on your credit card and I can assure you that this is not our usual standard that we aim to achieve here at Clontarf Castle. I will inform the relevant department of your disappointment in their dealing of this issue.

If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact me direct.

Kind regards,