“Fabulous service”

Ranked #3 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Fabulous service”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Where to begin! Hotel was so helpful with places to go. Went to the bar for a night cap and got taken care of beyond expectations. Dainius greeted us as soon as we walked in. Made us feel so welcome. Graham took over our tab and made for a more then enjoyable evening! He went out of his way to make conversation with us and ensured our order wa s taken care of. Keith another member of the staff filled in whenever the other two were busy. Felt very welcomed and comfortable thanks to these gentlemen. Thanks to clontarf castle for a wonderful stay in Ireland! Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Briana M
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such a welcoming and enjoyable experience in Knights Bar. It’s great that you felt so well looked after. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team here.

Many thanks again for your feedback and for your kind recommendation, we appreciate it and would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future.

Clontarf Castle Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
dublin ireland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We recently had an early bird menu here for 50euro per couple for 3 course dinner with bottle of wine. the food was good, service excellent presentation excellent as was the surroundings.
One thing i would advise........The selection of food was very limited ie chicken,cod fish or vegatarion risotto and i would urge them to have lamb or beef or duck etc on menu. There is steak on menu at 5euro supplement and i think it would be good idea to offer a minite steak at no extra charge, or alternatively, to confine the menu to 2 courses but with greater selection. One way or the othe, it was overall a good dining experience and we will be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jamieDublinIreland
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Fahrenheit Grill restaurant at Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really delighted to read that you were so impressed with your meal and the service you received. Our early bird offer was a great success and we received excellent feedback all round. I was very interested to read your great recommendations. Our early bird special offer was based on a set three course menu. However, we also have a two course early bird as well as an A Lá Carte menu available at Fahrenheit Grill. These menus are all new for the summer season and offer a wide variety of options.

Many thanks again for your feedback, we take all your recommendations on board and would be delighted to welcome you back in the future to sample some of our other menu options.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here as our first night of a CIE tour. We were greeted with tea and pastries. The staff was very warm and welcoming. We did have to wait a bit to get into our rooms but we DID arrive at 10 in the morning, so, we expected to have to wait.
There was coffee, tea and crackers in the room, as well.
The rooms were lovely. The hotel is in a nice little neighborhood. My daughter who was along on the tour is a runner and she enjoyed her morning run to watch the sunrise on a beautiful river.
We would definitely stay here again, just know that it isn't in the center of town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the castle as part of your tour. It’s great that you felt so well looked after. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to all staff.
Many thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and would be delighted to welcome you back again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I never write a review for anything as I travel a lot. I do notice good service but not to be dramatic they where they're for us in my family's time of need. I was in the Hotel on Saturday 24th of May 2014. When I walked in everyone where welcoming and friendly, I went to the function room that was down stairs in the hotel. We arrived a little early than the rest of are party and that was no problem we where seated straight away. We sat down for food and a family member became very ill as he's not well at the moment. The family member had a really serious turn and we had to call emergency services, when this happened the staff moved straight away the full team from staff floor to management came from everywhere to help. The keep everyone came and also can to are needs but gave us the space needed to settle the family member they keep us informed on the movements of the emergency and how they fare away where from the hotel. Thankfully my family member has full recovered and after the emergency services had left the service just got better if possible. They gave everyone new fresh dinners and Tea, Coffee, Deserts. We then went to the Knights bar to watch the football and we where greeted by a fantastic host called Karen all are needs where looked after from start to finish. The finger food/ homemade burgers tasted "amazing":-) The service from the friendly manager/ supervisor I can't remember her name as it happened very fast but that lady called the emergency services and was outstanding from start to finish such a professional. 100 percent great experience to over come the family illness that was nothing to do with them and make it still to be a day to remember for all the right reasons was outstanding. Well done and I wish the all the best and success in the future.

Thanks :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jasonkelly1990
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really delighted to read your feedback, particularly that your family member is now fully recovered and doing well. It’s great that you felt so well looked after by members of staff and that your day turned out to be a success. I’m so pleased that you experienced such excellent customer service and I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team. Many thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed in a family room for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) as we took 2 nieces aged 9 and 12 to see One Direction in Croke Park. We booked Clontarf Castle as it had availability and good reviews.

We had no expectations at all, because it was one of the only hotels left available to book as I believe Dublin was sold out due to the concert but were incredibly surpised at how much we enjoyed staying at the hotel:-

Transport: there is a shuttle from the hotel into Dublin Centre every 10 mins Mon-Frid and if you're down on a weekend, there is the no 40 bus, 5 mins walk from the hotel every 20 mins into town. We got a taxi to O'Connell Street and it cost €14.

Food: we had brought down sandwiches, crisps, crackers etc for the kids to munch on so we only had the breakfast which was excellent. Lots of variety, plenty of choice and seating. Breakfast was included in our deal and I think I remember it was €13.95 for a Continental or €14.95 for a cooked breakfast if paying separately.

Accommodation: Absolutely fantastic! Massive room with beautiful 4 poster bed, plasma TV, dressing table which led through to a large dining table with full length mirror and then into a separate area with 2 single beds, TV and sofa. The kids thought they were in heaven as they had their own little area. Bathroom had a lovely free standing bath, fully tiled and spotless clean with loads of towels and shower gel/shampoo etc

Hotel: Reception staff checked us in and out with no problems whatsoever really quickly which was excellent. Servers at breakfast again friendly and approachable. As we had the children with us we didn't visit the bar but peeked our heads in and it seemed very nice. The best thing about this hotel is the fact that it's really quirky! The kids loved all the suits of armour standing around, the giant thrones, "spooky Hogwarts" corridors, nooks and crannies. It was all tastefully done and added so much character to the hotel.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel especially to a family. As long as you didn't mind being slightly out of the City Centre. Another big plus of this hotel is its proximity to Malahide which is a lovely seaside town and again easily accessible via bus from the hotel.

All in all a great stay and the children were immensely happy, thankfully!!

Room Tip: We were in room 402 which was a massive family room for 2 adults and 2 children. Not sure if all the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your nieces enjoyed your stay with us for the One Direction gig. It’s great that you were so impressed with your bedroom and the customer service you experienced. We appreciate your kind recommendation and I will be passing your feedback on to all the team here.

Many thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate it and would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

belfast
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a night in clontarf castle...the hotel is clean, with ample parking and friendly helpful staff. We got the deal as part of a living social offer so in that sense it was worth the money but I'm not sure I'd go back at the full price.

Front of the hotel looks very regal but once inside it feels as if its just an extension built on an average hotel for show purposes. There's certainly nothing wrong with the hotel and we had breakfast and dinner in the bar which was tasty but I'd say overall the experience - although nice I'm not sure I'd rush back in a hurry

• Stayed May 2014
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and particularly that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly. We aim to achieve excellent standards in customer service so I’m delighted you experienced this during your stay.
Many thanks again for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel, we really appreciate your feedback.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was part of a group staying over for a Re-Union and was in the Hotel for 2 nights at the end of March 2014! From the very first moment at check-in to leaving the hotel on check-out I was absolutely in awe of the place - beautiful decor, wonderful rooms, delicious food and drink but above all........ OUTSTANDING staff! Each and every member of staff that I met was so kind, friendly and helpful! They are a credit to the management - Well Done!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really delighted to read that you were so impressed with all aspects of your groups stay. I was particularly pleased to read that you were so impressed with all the staff at the castle and that they made your break so special. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to all the staff here, whom I’m sure will be thrilled with your feedback. Many thanks again for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel, we appreciate it and would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.