Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
$173
$164
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$144
4,448 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandweddingvijayarmourconciergehowtheuro
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed for 1 night in room 307 as I was on the early ferry back to the UK.

The reception area is impressive - 2 suit of armour greet you as you enter through the very modern glass doors into the full height atrium/reception area. The open fires, stone walls and tapestries hanging from the wall provide a marked, comfortable contrast.

Although there was a function taking place that evening, so one of the restaurants was not available, so I ate in the Grill rather than the knights bar. The restaurant was quiet, food was excellent and well prepared and the service was excellent. I felt the wine list disappointing and no half bottles were available so I stuck to iced water.

The wireless internet connection was good and I managed to achieve a sustained ~500kbps to my office VPN

The knights bar is obviously popular with non guests and felt a little crowded so I had a couple of Guinness (@ 5.10 euro each) and retired. I must say, the Guinness was the best I had all trip so well done to the cellar man!

Thankyou to the lady on reception for your patience with me, I did notice you were there at 11pm and again at 7am the next day and your humour and helpfulness were a credit to you.

If I had to pick faults...
1 would be the TV/Entertainment system in the room, which seemed geared to get you to pay more when all I normally want is the news channels or a national tv station. I was tired and felt it was so easy to accidentally incur charges that I left it off.
2 would be the provision of desk space in the room. I found it impossible to work at the desk due to the glass shelf for the keyboard for the TV. The in room Telephone is a huge, sophisticated CISCO IP device - well over the top I felt and it just took up vital deskspace
3.The amount of furniture in the room - yes it was a twin room so 2 beds with a gap, but also there was 2 comfy(?) chairs, a round table (very apt for a castle I thought) and a chair for sitting at the desk - I found myself stacking furniture so I had space in the room - It would have been better to have lost a comfy chair in the twin room due to the loss of floor space - in a double - I doubt it would have been a problem
4.I like history - having a bit more history of the castle in the room folders would have been nice - I am now researching the history of the castle and the local area as it has piqued my interest.

The bottom line - would I go back. Well I paid a smidge over 79GBP for B&B which I felt was fair for the standard of hotel, and a further 33.45 euro for a 2 course meal in the grill restaurant (without wine) and I felt I had good value for money so yes - at those rates I would return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you were impressed with so many aspects of your stay at the hotel. I'm particularly delighted that you found the staff to be so good. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the team at the castle. I also completely take all your negative comments on board, they really provide food for thought. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Clontarf Castle hotel is 2 miles away from my company's office in the Eastpoint Business Park. Excellent location is a very nice area of Dublin. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms have been recently renovated and are fairly clean. Bathrooms are more than adequate. Common areas are very nice. Both the restaurant and bar are great. Breakfast is specially nice, if you like Irish breakfast food.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really pleased to read your feedback and it's great to hear from a neighbour at Eastpoint. I'm delighted that you are so impressed with the castle. Many thanks again for your feedback on Clontarf Castle Hotel and for your kind recommendation. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the castle again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel. We had a rental car, so it was nice to stay outside of the city center to avoid charges to park our car. A taxi to the middle of Dublin (Trinity College) was only 13 Euros. Our room was very large, with a very modern and beautiful bathroom. We had wonderful scones with clotted cream each morning in the bar instead of a full breakfast in the the other dining room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the castle. I'll be sure to pass all your lovely feedback on to the team at the castle. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

Clontarf Castle Hote

Reviewed March 23, 2014

That's right we stayed in a castle. The facility is magnificent, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was the best we had while on our vacation in Europe which included Paris. The lunch buffet (to die for), was very reasonable, with large portions. The rooms were a standard size including the bathroom. We would certainly return. That being said the hotel could use a little freshening up..

Room Tip: Get the lunch buffet, its where all the locals eat for taste and value.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the castle and that you were so impressed with the staff and the food. I'm particularly delighted that your meals at the castle were the best you had throughout your entire European trip. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to our chefs. I also take your comment about the hotel needing a freshen up on board, we are committed to maintaining high standards so I assure you that I will look into this. Many thanks again for your feedback on Clontarf Castle Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to do this and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We came here from the States. We were expecting to pay a premium price seeing that it was St. Patrick's Day. Honestly, the Clontarf Castle Hotel was worth every dollar (and even more)!

The lady at the front desk (Ciara?) was very helpful and gave us some great recommendations.

The room was comfortable and very accommodating. If there was any complaint at all I would say it was the shower. I guess I am just used to something with perhaps a little more pressure. Not worth dropping it a star though.

The breakfast was vast and fresh. The staff there did a great job. When I think of 5 star hotel, this is what I imagine.

We'll be back !

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted with all your comments, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the castle so much. I'm particularly pleased that you found the staff to display excellent customer service as we aim to achieve excellent customer service standards. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to all the team at the castle. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and we look forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future.