“Wedding was amazing the best ever loved this castle”

Clontarf Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We attended the wedding of a really good friend and were thrilled with this venue. The entrance was spectacular with a real castle effect the grand room was amazing the design layout was out of this world never seen such beauty. The meal was outstanding first class and delicious they kept our glasses full and offered extras. This is a very fine establishment probably 5 star by Dublin accounts truly magical place that lifted the minds and hearts of all present at the wedding of the year. Rooms were so comfortable we stayed an extra night and breakfast so tasty and filling. Thanks for a wonderful stay clontarf we will be definitely returning.

• Stayed: October 2012
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm delighted to read all your comments and I'm so glad you enjoyed the wedding at the castle. The Great Hall here in the castle really is a spectactular room for such an event and we always hear great feedback from our guests about the setting. I'm really happy with your comments about the service you received and i'll be sure to pass these on to all involved. Thanks again for your feedback we really appreciate it and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle in the future.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

stayed here after attending a wedding in the hotel.
reception was first impression and i liked it the staff were informative and nice enough.
food was good not the "wow factor" or anything but it was nice.
room was clean and free of dirt but we were assigned a smoking room when we asked for a non-smoking room anyways were put on 1st floor in room 103 it stinked of tobacco disgusting!.
we complained and then were moved to the 3rd floor room 340 which was much nicer.
the negative i had was the lifts kept squeking in the middle of the night!!!.

Room Tip: choose a good room like the 4th floor it the top and away from noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PRIVATE A
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I hope you enjoyed the wedding you attended at the castle. I'm pleased to read that you found your room to be clean, however I am disappointed to read that there was a smell of smoke. Clontarf Castle Hotel has been a non smoking hotel for the past couple of months. I'm very sorry if there remained an odour, this is definitely something we are working on eliminating completely.

Thanks again for your review we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here one night at the end of a package tour. Great location for your last night, easy access to the city until late, and then 20 minutes to the airport in the morning.

The accommodations are thoroughly, luxuriously modern, while the common rooms are more 'well-restored castle with funky modern accents'. I had my doubts about the modern bits, but it's actually a great mix. It was also the best (and most reasonably priced) breakfast of our entire 'castle hotel' tour and the most lively/least stuffy hotel.

The only minus is the non-existent grounds. A luxury castle like this needs some green around it to really put the experience over the top. There's one tiny patch of green that works for a photo op if shot at the right angle, but beyond that, Dublin's suburban sprawl has taken over. The flip side of all that development of course is that you can catch the city bus right at the corner, so it does make it more convenient!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahGrapesArney
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm very pleased to read that you found Clontarf Castle to be the most enjoyable out from your tour of Irish Castles. I'm delighted you thought so highly of the castle and it's location.

Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it.

Yours Sincerly,

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Clontarf Castle Hotel on 16/11/12 to 18/11/12 November. We found the hotel to have a wonderful atmosphere with friendly professional staff and excellent food and good accommodation. When we made our initial booking it included a night at bon appetite restaurant in malahide, friendly professional staff and excellent service This has to be one of the best meals that we have ever had, I have recommended the hotel to all my friends and my wife loves to tell then about the great meal’s we had both at bon appetite & Clontarf Castle, Looking forward to spending another weekend in Dublin very soon

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with and for your feedback. I’m delighted with all your comments, it’s so great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad you found the customer service to be so good, our staff are a great asset to us. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back if you ever return to Dublin.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My son and I spent the last night of a quick trip around Ireland at the Clontarf. I wish we had more time to spend there! The hotel is beautiful, blending a very modern hotel around an historic castle. The rooms are very well appointed and very comfortable.
The castle is very cool--fun to walk around such history. All in all a great place to stay, but most important is the staff. Concierge Michael couldn't have been more helpful when we had an issue with our car. He helped us out with great efficiency and a wonderful sense of humor. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ngoudey

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with and for your feedback. I’m delighted with all your comments, it’s so great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad you found the castle to be beautiful and I’ll be sure to pass on all your comments to Michael in our Concierge department. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back if you ever return to Dublin.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This beautiful hotel is in a nice residential area, that was made for walking. I used the gym(located in the dungeon) which is a few machines open 24 hours, and had a chance the jog in the neighborhood around the hotel. Very easy area to jog in there were sidewalks for the most part, and very few driveways. I love to jog when I travel to get a sense of the area and it is very lovely, and I was not alone, the irish are a fit group as well. The location was a bit away from the center of Dublin but very easy to get to aboard the transit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pat L

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with and for your feedback. I’m delighted with all your comments, it’s so great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad you liked the location and found the castle to be beautiful. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back if you ever return to Dublin.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Beautiful from top to bottom! You can see the old castle part of it inside and out yet the many windows in the foyer, the bar and restaurant and all were served by very complimentary and capable staff. The room was in an alcove on the top floor and we could look out to the stadium. Loved experiencing the night and morning there!

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet, tucked away and fun!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with and for your feedback. I’m delighted with all your comments, it’s so great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I’ll be sure to pass all your comments on to the staff here. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back if you ever return to Dublin.