“Wonderful hotel/wonderful staff”

Clontarf Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My son and I spent the last night of a quick trip around Ireland at the Clontarf. I wish we had more time to spend there! The hotel is beautiful, blending a very modern hotel around an historic castle. The rooms are very well appointed and very comfortable.
The castle is very cool--fun to walk around such history. All in all a great place to stay, but most important is the staff. Concierge Michael couldn't have been more helpful when we had an issue with our car. He helped us out with great efficiency and a wonderful sense of humor. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ngoudey
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with and for your feedback. I’m delighted with all your comments, it’s so great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad you found the castle to be beautiful and I’ll be sure to pass on all your comments to Michael in our Concierge department. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back if you ever return to Dublin.

Mark Long

Write a ReviewReviews (4,299)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This beautiful hotel is in a nice residential area, that was made for walking. I used the gym(located in the dungeon) which is a few machines open 24 hours, and had a chance the jog in the neighborhood around the hotel. Very easy area to jog in there were sidewalks for the most part, and very few driveways. I love to jog when I travel to get a sense of the area and it is very lovely, and I was not alone, the irish are a fit group as well. The location was a bit away from the center of Dublin but very easy to get to aboard the transit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pat L

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with and for your feedback. I’m delighted with all your comments, it’s so great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad you liked the location and found the castle to be beautiful. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back if you ever return to Dublin.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Beautiful from top to bottom! You can see the old castle part of it inside and out yet the many windows in the foyer, the bar and restaurant and all were served by very complimentary and capable staff. The room was in an alcove on the top floor and we could look out to the stadium. Loved experiencing the night and morning there!

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet, tucked away and fun!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with and for your feedback. I’m delighted with all your comments, it’s so great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I’ll be sure to pass all your comments on to the staff here. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back if you ever return to Dublin.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We began our honeymoon with a couple of nights at Clontarf Castle and our stay couldn't have been better. Beautiful, comfortable lobby and clean, convenient rooms. The employees were incredibly helpful and we got some great tips from Michael, the concierge. Cabs into City Centre were about 10 euros, took about 10-15 minutes, and the hotel was helpful in calling one anytime we needed. Per suggestions, we headed to Howth for a day and it was one of the best of my life. That little town is beautiful. We took the entire cliff walk in Howth. It takes about 2 hours and we are VERY novice hikers. The walk doesn't require any special gear, but I do suggest a couple bottles of water, and a hat or something for the wind and, of course, your camera. The views alone, are worth the walk. Great fish & chip spots in Howth as well as a couple of warm, great pubs. We wouldn't have even known about the town had it not been for the staff of Clontarf Castle. Thank you folks, for getting our honeymoon started on a perfect note!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael D

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your honeymoon. I’m delighted with all your comments, it’s so great to read that you loved the castle itself and found it to be so comfortable. I’m really happy you enjoyed your time in Ireland and I’ll be sure to pass all your comments on to the staff here. Thanks again for your lovely feedback, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back if you ever return to Dublin.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here from the 14-20 November. The main entrance to the hotel will have your jaw hitting the floor, its stunning.

I was working for an event in the hotel and the staff couldn't have done any more for us. Everything we asked for was brought immediately without hesitation. As I had to set everything up for the event (24 tables, 300 chairs, and media and staff stands) I asked the hotel for someone to help and he was waiting for me the following morning. his name was Jason and he did everything i asked at a moments notice, extra tables, chairs, table cloths. And he helped with our tables too even though they weren't the hotels tables. Keith in the bar kept the drink flowing when we finished at night and he always had a kind word and a bit of banter for us. David the F&B manager and Lukas the DM were excellent at looking after us, the second we asked for something we were told yes all week, the staff don't know what 'no' means, its fantastic. If you want to have an event here or just treat yourself to some luxury you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback. I’m absolutely delighted with all your comments. It’s so great to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much. I’ll be sure to pass on all your comments to everyone in the relevant departments. Thanks again for your fantastic review, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Last month I visited Ireland for a week with a group of friends and spent the last night at this great location as part of a package. The food was great, the rooms and the castle and property were beautiful. The special services provided by the concierges, Chris and also Michael B, were outstanding. Chris arranged for me to have high tea in my room the afternoon we arrived and it was wonderful. Thank you so much for the outstanding attention and catering to our every need.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I’m particularly happy to see that you found the customer service to be excellent and I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to Michael and Chris in our concierge department. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate the feedback and would love to welcome you back to the castle if you return to Dublin in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My fiance and I had 2 wonderful nights here on the 10-12 November. The staff are helpful, the rooms were lovely the bed was the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in. We booked the romantic 2 night spellbound offer, and had champagne and chocolates in our room and a pre-booked dinner on a night of our choice. John said without doubt it was the most delicious meal (lamb cooked to perfection) that he had ever tasted, and it wasn't the head chef cooking, it was his night off, so well done to his second in command, my ribeye steak was also delicious. The hotel is a 15 minute bus ride into town which only cost 1.90 euros each which was a bargain, however after a trek round the city centre and several guinness later we had a12 euro taxi ride back to the lovely warm welcoming Castle. Thank you Clontarf we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. I’m delighted to read that you had such a good time during your stay in Dublin. It’s great that you liked the Spellbound romance package we offer at the castle, it’s a very popular choice and we often get great feedback from our guests. It’s fantastic to read that you loved the food so much. Thanks again for your kind review, we really appreciate it and would love to welcome you back to the castle in the future.