“wedding anniversary treat”

Ranked #4 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
dublin
“wedding anniversary treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went back to Clontarf Castle for our third wedding anniversary on October 9th. and with every year that passes Clontarf Castle delivers the same impressive service. Our wedding anniversary is also my husbands birthday. When he was checking in he mentioned that it was our anniversary (hoping for and getting a room upgrade) as we were leaving reception I mentioned it was his birthday also. We were only in our room when Michael arrived with cake for him and seeing me he quickly returned with a slice for me. Thanks Michael. Well done Clontarf Castle see you next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ilovemyholidays80
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the castle and thank you for your kind review. I’m delighted to hear that you were treated so well on such a special occasion. We take excellent customer service very seriously here at the castle and often get complimented on our fantastic members of staff. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to Michael and everyone at reception. It’s our pleasure to have you and your husband stay with us and hopefully we’ll be welcoming you back for the same again next year. Congratulations on your anniversary and thanks again for the feedback, we appreciate it.

Mark Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place was absolutely fantastic. It was a little out I the city, but the bus pick up to downtown was right outside the entrance. The neighborhood was way more quieter than staying in the city(which is why I picked it and the fact that it was a castle). The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The hop on hop off bus picks up people in the morning as well. I am very happy that my husband and I picked this place to stay for our first visit to Dublin.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Randi S
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for staying with us and for your feedback. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and that you loved the location of the castle. It’s great to read that you found the staff to be so friendly and helpful also as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Thanks again for your review, we really appreciate it and we hope to welcome you back to the castle in the future.

Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Clontarf Castel is half a castle - were the restaurant and public bar is situated and half a hotel Location: far from the city, every time we spent 15 euro one way - there is a public transportation, the station is 5 minutes away and one way is 6 euro
Room: is in a new wing, around the old castle, comfortable and big enough, but not spectacular
Service: the service room is ok, the reception and concierge average

2 Thank Mionico
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Clontarf Castle Hotel. The castle is located a couple of miles outside the city centre so a taxi fare would cost around €15. The public transport I assume you are referring to is the DART, a rail service that runs into the city. However there is also an excellent bus service directly into the city centre. There is a bus stop at the end of the castle drive and a bus travels to the city every 10 minutes for a very reasonable rate of about €2 one way. I’m sorry to hear that you found the reception and concierge employees to be average as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service here at the castle. However I’m glad that you found your bedroom to be comfortable and I hope you enjoyed your stay overall. Thanks again for staying with us and also for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Spend a long weekend with my mother at Clontarf Castle, Room was very clean and comfortable, Staff very friendly and professional. Great food. Very good choice for breakfast. Short walk to water front, Free hop on bus from Castle every morning at 9am takes you into Dublin City.
Can't wait to come back.

2 Thank 244Michelle
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us here at Clontarf Castle Hotel. I'm glad that you liked the castle and its atmosphere. It was refurbished a few years ago but we kept all the original castle touches like the suits of armour. I'm also glad that you thought the members of staff here were helpful and friendly, excellent customer service is very important to us. I'm very sorry that you had to ask about key information when you checked in and I can assure you that I will look into this. I'm disappointed that you weren't too taken with the food here as the dishes we serve contain the finest quality ingredients available, however I take your comments on board and will investigate your issues. The castle is located a few miles outside the city centre, but because of the excellent public transport options available to our guests, we feel we offer them the best of both worlds: a relaxing luxury break in a quiet scenic location with the option to travel to the city where things are more lively. Thanks again for staying with us and for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

Warrenton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a nice combination of castle and modern amenities. It is a very attractive hotel with big, modern rooms. I would have preferred a more traditional room (ours had pink lights in the headboard that lit up). Not exactly a "castle experience". We couldn't get into the restaurant when we called for reservations. The other restaurant was closed. We walked a ways to a restaurant in an adjoining neighborhood. It was nice out so it was a pleasant walk. When we arrived there were panties in the room (not mine) and dirty beer glasses outside the door and one towel for 2 people. I called the front desk and they resolved the issues quickly and gave us a bottle of wine. Very helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a more traditional experience you may want to state that so that you are not...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us in Clontarf Castle Hotel and for your feedback, we appreciate it. The castle itself is a blend of traditional and modern, so while we have kept many of the original features, we have also updated the décor to create a comfortable and luxury setting for our guests to enjoy the best of both worlds. I’m sorry our restaurant was fully booked during your stay and you have my sincere apologies regarding the issues with your room, this was unacceptable and I am glad that members of staff at the front desk resolved it for you quickly. On a positive note I’m glad that you found the members of staff at the castle to be so helpful, we strive to maintain a high level of excellent customer service. Thanks again for your feedback and we would love to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

Aix en provence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Clontarf Castle and it was a truly enjoyable experience. A wonderful welcoming staff, a fabulous concierge called Chris who was always on hand to help with advice and service. I have an agency placing service staff and concierge in the very high end private service industry on the French Riviera , I would place Chris as a personal concierge in a heartbeat!
The food and service in the Farenheit Grill was exceptional, our Russian waitress was hugely professional. I even asked if she could be available to work with some of my Russian clients here on the Riviera coast, sadly she was not!
Only two small negatives. Our room service breakfasts each morning were never accurately what we ordered and the daily cleaning of the room was not completed until approx. 4.30pm each day which we found a bit of an inconvenience as my daughter takes medication which requires her to sleep for a short period each afternoon. She had to nap in the Indigo Lounge one afternoon but again the staff there were ever helpful and understanding. We will certainly be returning to this lovely hotel in the future!!

Room Tip: Some rooms at the back can be a little noisy if you are located near to where the bottle bank is!
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Clontarf Castle Hotel and for your lovely feedback. I’m really delighted that you thought so highly of the members of staff here at the castle. Excellent customer service is something we take very seriously and we strive to provide the best to our guests. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the employees you mentioned. I’m very sorry about the negative issues you encountered and for any inconvenience this would have caused you. With regard to the cleaning of your room, we could arrange for this to be carried out at a time which suits you should you ever stay with us again. Thanks again for the lovely feedback, we really appreciate it. We would love to welcome you back to the castle in the future.

dublin ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just want to thank everyone in clontarf castle associated with our wedding on sep 22nd . We had our wedding meal in the restaurant the Fahrenheit grill and our pre dinner drinks and evening party in the Indigo lounge . From the moment we arrived until we left the next day everything went seamlessly . The staff were amazing and the food was delicious really high quality restaurant food all our guests were delighted and have been constantly complimenting us on how delicious the food was and the excellent service. We were very well looked after in the Indigo lounge both before and after the meal , the evening food was also great and the overnight accomodation was excellent and the breakfast the next morning was of a very high quality , the guests from our wedding who stayed overnight were very happy . A special word of thanks to Louise Anne in banqueting who helped us with the organising prior to the day , to the bar manager on the night whose name I did not get and a massive thank you to Lorraine Restaurant manager who greeted us with champagne on arrival and who did a fantastic job on the day along with her excellent waiting staff to ensure everyone was looked after throughout the meal . we cant thank her enough and everyone in Clontarf Castle for truly making our wedding day the happiest and most stress free day ever.
I cant wait to go back and have dinner in the restaurant again in teh very near future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Clontarf Castle Hotel as the venue for your special day and congratulations from us all here. I’m delighted that you had such a wonderful day and that everything ran so seamlessly. Fahrenheit Grill and Indigo Lounge are both beautiful venues and the food we provide is very high quality so it’s fantastic to hear that all your guests were happy too. It’s great to hear that your overnight accommodation and breakfast the next morning were also pleasing. The staff here at the castle are renowned for their helpfulness and excellent customer service so I am delighted that you experienced this both during the preparation for your big day and on the day itself. I will be sure to pass your lovely feedback on to Louise Ann and Lorraine and all other staff involved. Thanks again for choosing us as your venue and we would love to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.