“Just lovely!!”

Clontarf Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Clontarf Castle and it was a truly enjoyable experience. A wonderful welcoming staff, a fabulous concierge called Chris who was always on hand to help with advice and service. I have an agency placing service staff and concierge in the very high end private service industry on the French Riviera , I would place Chris as a personal concierge in a heartbeat!
The food and service in the Farenheit Grill was exceptional, our Russian waitress was hugely professional. I even asked if she could be available to work with some of my Russian clients here on the Riviera coast, sadly she was not!
Only two small negatives. Our room service breakfasts each morning were never accurately what we ordered and the daily cleaning of the room was not completed until approx. 4.30pm each day which we found a bit of an inconvenience as my daughter takes medication which requires her to sleep for a short period each afternoon. She had to nap in the Indigo Lounge one afternoon but again the staff there were ever helpful and understanding. We will certainly be returning to this lovely hotel in the future!!

Room Tip: Some rooms at the back can be a little noisy if you are located near to where the bottle bank is!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Clontarf Castle Hotel and for your lovely feedback. I’m really delighted that you thought so highly of the members of staff here at the castle. Excellent customer service is something we take very seriously and we strive to provide the best to our guests. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the employees you mentioned. I’m very sorry about the negative issues you encountered and for any inconvenience this would have caused you. With regard to the cleaning of your room, we could arrange for this to be carried out at a time which suits you should you ever stay with us again. Thanks again for the lovely feedback, we really appreciate it. We would love to welcome you back to the castle in the future.

Mark Long

Write a ReviewReviews (4,299)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just want to thank everyone in clontarf castle associated with our wedding on sep 22nd . We had our wedding meal in the restaurant the Fahrenheit grill and our pre dinner drinks and evening party in the Indigo lounge . From the moment we arrived until we left the next day everything went seamlessly . The staff were amazing and the food was delicious really high quality restaurant food all our guests were delighted and have been constantly complimenting us on how delicious the food was and the excellent service. We were very well looked after in the Indigo lounge both before and after the meal , the evening food was also great and the overnight accomodation was excellent and the breakfast the next morning was of a very high quality , the guests from our wedding who stayed overnight were very happy . A special word of thanks to Louise Anne in banqueting who helped us with the organising prior to the day , to the bar manager on the night whose name I did not get and a massive thank you to Lorraine Restaurant manager who greeted us with champagne on arrival and who did a fantastic job on the day along with her excellent waiting staff to ensure everyone was looked after throughout the meal . we cant thank her enough and everyone in Clontarf Castle for truly making our wedding day the happiest and most stress free day ever.
I cant wait to go back and have dinner in the restaurant again in teh very near future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Clontarf Castle Hotel as the venue for your special day and congratulations from us all here. I’m delighted that you had such a wonderful day and that everything ran so seamlessly. Fahrenheit Grill and Indigo Lounge are both beautiful venues and the food we provide is very high quality so it’s fantastic to hear that all your guests were happy too. It’s great to hear that your overnight accommodation and breakfast the next morning were also pleasing. The staff here at the castle are renowned for their helpfulness and excellent customer service so I am delighted that you experienced this both during the preparation for your big day and on the day itself. I will be sure to pass your lovely feedback on to Louise Ann and Lorraine and all other staff involved. Thanks again for choosing us as your venue and we would love to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at the Clontarf Castle Hotel for five days as part of a conference. It's in one of the upper-scale areas of Dublin where it's quiet with plenty of trees and greenery. The bus line is a 10-minute walk with buses running regularly into the center of the city. The hotel is a completely restored castle. No detail has been spared to make it attractive and comfortable. Most of all, we appreciated the service and staff. Michael, the concierge, went out of his way to be sure we got to the most interesting sites in Dublin and was a fun person to meet. And Luke, the front desk clerk, was cordial and very helpful. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank suezzz

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us on your business trip. As you said the castle is located a couple of miles outside the city centre, however with the excellent public transport services and our scenic location, we feel we offer our guests the best of both worlds. It’s fantastic to hear that you like the castle itself and found it attractive and comfortable. I’m also delighted that you found the staff here to be so good as excellent customer service is so important to us. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Michael and Luke. Thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and we hope to welcome you back to the castle in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a great hotel! I recently spent six days here for business and have only great things to say about the Clontarf Castle Hotel. Not only does the staff know what they are doing, and go the 10 extra miles to get it done-- but they are also very nice about it.
In the room, we had difference electrical outlets for Ireland/UK, North American and standard European plugs- very nice feature!
Excellent restaurant and breakfast with great service!
Would love to come back... maybe when the weather is a little bit warmer...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lovisa F

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Clontarf Castle Hotel and for your lovely feedback. It’s always great to get feedback from a guest who was here on business. I’m delighted that you were happy with the castle as your venue. It’s great that you found the staff to be so good; we pride ourselves on our high level of customer service and the members of staff here at the castle are a real asset. It’s also great to hear that you were happy with the business facilities here and the restaurant and breakfast. Our guests often compliment our food here at the castle so I’m delighted that you were happy with it too. Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate it and would love to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you're going to Dublin, stay here. Great hotel, restaurant was VERY GOOD (order the lamb stew). This is a converted castle and the quality shows. With a short 10 minute walk to the local bus you can be in Dublin Center in a 15 minute ride. Clean, spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Had the basic room. It was large and very updated/clean.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Clontarf Castle Hotel and thank you for you lovely feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you loved the castle. Our restaurant, Fahrenheit Grill, is very popular among our guests and they always love the food. Our menus consist of the highest quality ingredients possible and we aim to offer our customers the best value. Our location is just outside the city centre; however with excellent public transport services and a scenic location, we feel we offer our guests the best of both worlds. It’s also great to hear that you liked your room and that you enjoyed your stay overall. Thanks again for the feedback, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I spent two nights there with my partner and two other friends. The hotel is a really beautiful castle, located close to the sea - not really close to the center though, so I recommend it if you have a car or if you don't mind a few taxi rides. Plenty of free of charge private parking spots. Rooms are very nice, staff are very kind and helpful - our friends did not like the one double-bed room and the staff changed it no problem. Bars and restaurants are really good though a little overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for staying with us at Clontarf Castle Hotel and for you feedback, we appreciate it very much. It’s great that you liked the castle itself, the rooms, staff and bars and restaurant as we strive to offer the best of everything to our guests. I also take on board your comments about the bars and restaurants possibly being a little overpriced. With regards to our food options, we really do provide the best quality dishes made with very high quality ingredients and we aim to offer these to our guests at the best possible value. In relation to the location of the castle, although we are a couple of miles outside the city centre, there is a bus stop located at the end of the castle drive where a bus travels directly to the city centre every 10 minutes for a very reasonable price. Thanks again for you review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in July and was asked to pre authorise the room for with my card for €50. after checking out of hotel and paying for my room I noticed when I arrived home that on my bank statement I had been charged twice , once for pre authorisation and once for the room payment. After contacting the hotel numerous times to explain the error they have denied all knowledge. After 2 months of discussions with the bank and the hotel the hotel finally admitted they were at fault and said they would refund the €50. 3 Weeks later They have still not refunded the money and are now not returning my emails . I am very disappointed at the poor service recieved and advise all guests to pay the room upfront and don't let them take a pre authorisation.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank blueblueboo
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m so sorry to hear about your issues with the pre authorisation charge on your credit card and also for the customer service issues that you experienced afterwards. This should not have been the case and I can assure you that issues like this do not normally occur here at the castle, however I am sincerely sorry for the incident you had to deal with and for all the inconvenience this caused you. I would like to discuss this issue with you further and do my best to ensure that this is all sorted out for you. I’d be very grateful if you could give me a call on +353 18332321 or email mlong@clontarfcastle.ie at your convenience.