“Nice hotel”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I'd certainly recommend this hotel to someone who goes to Dublin. this is located in the city center, has a historic feel to it, great staff and service and free breakfast. The hotel feels like a historic site from the outside, but is well done and maintained inside.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Took my girlfriend to Dublin for her birthday and decided to stay at The Westin. Didn't know exactly what to expect as there are some bad reviews but after staying there myself I can't understand why anyone would be negative about this hotel. It is in the perfect location with Grafton Street a couple of minutes walk off to your left, and Temple Bar and O'Connel Street a couple of minutes to your right. The concierge is luxurious and provides a real welcoming start to your stay. We stayed in a standard room and this was more than adequate... room was large enough for the two of us, bathroom was really big and spacious with a nice deep bath and marble tiling as well as a very pleasant shower... and the bed, oh yes the bed! If I had a couple of grand lying about spare I would most certainly consider buying the bed... it was an amazingly comfortable sleep, one which I would definately want to experience again. We thought that our bed at home was comfortable however it now seems like we are sleeping on the floor of a cave in comparison. The staff were very friendly and helpful as well and in fact, when we were down in the mint bar (which is in the basement of the hotel and used to be the old bank vaults) on my Girlfriends birthday the bar staff brought out a lovely piece of cheesecake with the words 'happy birthday' written in chocolate on the plate. The Atrium is lovely as well... especially handy if it is raining outside, as it sort of feels like you are sat in some kind of Mediterranean courtyard while at the same time having all the comforts of your own sitting room. I would definitely recommend this hotel... if you want comfort, great service and an excellent location then this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob7777
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2011

a big thank you to all the staff for making my trip a peaceful, delightful one. my whole experience was top class from the reception to the restaurant to the bar. amazing. top star hotel, i love the decor in the restaurant and the cocktail bar, there was a particular girl in the restaurant, really nice and helpful, beautiful smile and shows lot of passion and dedication to her job, a must keep waitress, cant remember her name, but she said she was from Nigeria i believe.
overall my experience was fantastic.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear Danielle2229,

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. It is really encouraging for us to receive kind comments from our guests.

It has been a delight to pass on your appreciation directly to Bukola and our team. I am so glad we have had the chance to make your Westin experience memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you to The Westin, Dublin when you next have the opportunity to visit us in the future.

Best regards,

NORTHERN IRELAND
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I booked the Westin hotel in Dublin for my wifes big birthday cant say which one but its between 39 & 41.
We arrived around 130 pm and when we got to reception we where pleasently surprised by the reception very nice indeed.
We checked in and where told for a small fee we could be upgraded to the presidental suite as it was free and as I said this was my wifes 40 th .
The room was unreal it had its own gym sauna jacuzzi library and so on.
I cant thank the hotel staff enough.
Location is fab directly opposite temple bar two min walk to Grafton st and O Connell st.
The hotel has a cool bar which is a converted bank vault and there was a great atmosphere late into the night.
I have stayed in Dublin on many occassions and would say the Westin is as good as it gets.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LURGANMAN
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Dear Lurganman,

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests.

I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to our front office team. We do encourage all our guests to inform us on how we can truly make their Westin experience memorable and hopefully achieved this on your visit with us in Dublin.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Best regards,

Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Stayed here for two nights for my wifes Birthday. Booked this hotel over the phone with what must be a separate booking system which was not in the hotel. The girl could not even give me directions to the hotel !!! But after a few wrong turns made it :-) The hotels location is perfect. walking distance to great shopping and walking distance to many restaurants and bars. The atrium bar is fantastic - although a little expensive but thats Dublin Prices. I brought a lovely bottle of Dom Perignon with us to drink in the room and found that it cost over 350 in this hotel !!! 150 in good off licence. But I could not fault the hotel at all - breakfast was fantastic and room was perfect.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear mickomac,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. It is always encouraging and refreshing to hear how our guests enjoy our central location as part of their Westin experience.

I am delighted to hear you had an opportunity to enjoy our Atrium Lounge popular for its five-story glass ceiling, afternoon tea or perhaps a glass of champagne away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again during your next visit to Dublin.

Again thank you for your feedback,

Kind regards,

wimbledon
Reviewed February 1, 2011

As William Dillard famously once said ''location location location''
this hotel is slap bang in the middle of Temple Bar. 5 mins walk to a number of shopping centres, famous bars of Temple and Capel St.
The rooms are tasteful well stocked and one of the biggest bathrooms I’ve seen.
The staff are friendly and have good local knowledge however like most of Dublin not native Irish so sometime a little hard to communicate with.
The only complaints are the "heaven beds" are way, way too soft your head is lower than your feet, fine if your pregnant or have poor blood circulation, a nightmare if you used to not sleeping on a bag of jelly!! Also the internet is slightly over priced at 30 Euros a day (12pm-12pm) considering its extremely slow (like dial-up) and many sites blocked including my companies by what must be an overzealous catholic engineer (I work for betting company btw).
Make sure you include breakfast in the price of hotel like others on here have suggested otherwise its 20euros for what, is really, some bread and jam. if you have already booked without breakfast may I suggest across the road down temple bar rd "Elephant and Castle" great choices and half the price of the hotel.
These are just a couple of personal niggles though, you pay the price and receive a hotel that delivers everything a hotel in this class should.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank sparkydeaves
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear sparkydeaves

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Westin experience and our central location. I a happy to hear our team provided you with friendly efficient service.

However, I am sorry to hear your mattress was uncomfortable. Normally we receive excellent comments about our Westin Heavenly beds and I am sorry you had a poor experience on this occasion. I assure you we are thoroughly investigating this.

I'm also happy to inform you that we have very competitive breakfast prices and you can enjoy breakfast in the hotel from €7.00. We also provide a selection of breakfast "to go" items available from the restaurant from €2.95.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the The Westin Dublin in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Great choice for a stay in Dublin. You can't beat the location - steps from Grafton Street, St. Stephen's Green, and Trinity College. Our room was comfortable and fairly large for a city hotel. The staff was helpful and courteous. We really enjoyed our stay!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple