“A Very Comfortable Stay”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
England
“A Very Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I stayed at the Westin for a couple of nights and was very pleased with the attentiveness of the staff and the quality of the room. Although my room overlooked Westmoreland Street it was very quiet.

The room was larger than in a lot of 'chain' hotels, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was well appointed with both a shower cubicle and bath. There was no soap in the bathroom when I checked in but this was quickly rectified. There was a comfortable armchair in my room although this was not the case for a colleague also staying at the same time on the same rate. If you are a smoker (I'm not) then this is probably not the hotel for you as all rooms and areas are not smoking and there's a very hefty deep clean charge if you are found to have smoked in your room.

Breakfast is quite pricey at EUR 21 and that's only for a continental.

Location wise the hotel is very convenient for O'Connell Street and Temple Bar. I'd recommend the Asian Orchid restaurant immediately across the road.

This is a hotel I would return to on any future trip to Dublin.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 3, 2009

An elegant property right in the heart of Dublin.
It was our home for 3-days towards the end of October.
A skip, hop and a jump away to Trinity College, Grafton Street shopping. Directly across Temple Bar where there are rows of bars and restaurants to enjoy.
Anita at the Front Desk epitomize customer service. She's efficient, friendly and seem to care, no pretenses. Although, everyone at the Front Desk seem to have done a great job.
Our room overlook Trinity College campus. The bed was luxurious and comfortable, bathroom was huge with a shower and a tub. It provided all the amenities and more. The chambermaid/s did a fantastic job with daily cleaning service.
Restaurant offered sumptuous buffet of Irish delights.
Spa service is simply divine.
Overlooking the fact that the fire alarm went off at 3am on our first night at the hotel (getting over our jetlag), the hotel is simply lovely.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Went to Dublin to run the Marathon. The Westin is indeed in a good location, and mile 1 of the marathon route passes in front of the hotel entrance, which allowed my family to cheer me on from a convenient location. The hotel met all of our expectations of a Westin, with the glaring exception of the concierge's level of service. For example, one of them gave me bad bus directions, and told me to walk half a mile to catch a bus, even though there was a better stop a block away. Another one incorrectly told us that we would have to wait in line even if we bought on-line tickets ahead of time for the Guinness Storehouse tour (he was wrong, and luckily we checked the website, which not only allowed us to skip the long line, but also allowed us to buy tickets on-line at a discounted price). How could a decent concierge not know that?! On a third occasion, my wife asked whether a certain street had any shopping or sites, and the concierge said no. She went anyways, and found tons of mainstream shopping and activities. It really upset us that the concierge desk had such lack of pride in their profession.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2009

I have stayed at a number of Westin's throughout the US and used Starwood Points to stay here for one night during my recent trip to Ireland. The hotel is very expensive, and I probably wouldn't have spent the money on it, but it is in a great location has a posh feel to it, the beds are indeed Heavenly and the bathroom/shower/tub is lovely.

The staff was very helpful when I needed bus directions and when I actually forgot my room number (it was the third hotel I'd been at in 4 days and just blanked).

Trinity is right there and you are at the very beginning of Temple Bar, a minute walk to Grafton Street and O'Connell Street. There are more expensive hotels in Dublin and there are cheaper hotels, but this one is a good option in the mid-high range.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Ulster
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Lovely city hotel , in an excellent location. Staff are really great and very well trained.
Food was lovely , we ate in their cellar bar and very happy with food and service.
Cant wait to return, Oh I nearly forgot, The beds are truly Heavenly!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed there using Starwood points and we were quite pleased with the Westin. It is in a beautiful historic building that is well kept, and our room was cozy and well appointed. The location is great, and I highly recommend grabbing lunch at the nearby restaurant GRUEL, which is fantastic. Our only complaint is that the service was mediocre, but considering we stayed there for free using points, it didn't trouble us much. I'd stay there again if I returned to Dublin.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2009

The Westin Dublin is fabulously convenient to everything one wishes to see in Dublin and extremely noisy, most noticeably in the wee hours of the night. This is due to being on one of the streets opposite the Temple Bar area. We were there during the off season and even on weekdays there was revelry beneath us at 2 and 3am. I counted about 4 wailing sirens one night. Everything else was great. Soaking tub was nice- read James Joyce in there when I couldn't get back to sleep. Jet lag had a lot to do with that. Beautiful breakfast buffet, but you are right down the steet from the famous Bewley's Cafe on Grafton. Loved the ambience of the Mint bar down in the basement. Trinity College is just across the street and you can see the book of Kells there as well as eat at the Buttery... which serves a nice inexpensive meal.
Business accomodation are very good although we had a hard time with internet at this location.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business