$252
$240
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)
$219
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$261
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$179
Official Site
2,781 results
All reviewstrinity collegeatrium loungeheavenly bedexchange restauranttemple bargrafton streetperfect locationdeluxe roombeautiful hotelfleet streetlarge bathrooman upgradebar downstairsdublin castlethe heart of the citymintconcierge
Reviewed January 18, 2009

this was my third visit at this hotel in the last year. the location and standard of the rooms are excellent. i would highly recommend this hotel as it is the staff at that hotel that makes this hotel a real 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank u23d
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Stayed in the Westin over Christmas for 2 nights. Arrived on Christmas eve and left on the 26th of December. We booked it on Lastminute.com under the secret hotel but it was pretty easy to figure out that it was the Westin so got a really good deal. I wouldn't have booked it for the full / normal price. And for the price I paid I was happy. Maybe I'm too picky but I cannot say it was fantastic, just good. But I'm the type of person who appreciates unique hotels with old world charm and character and not so much the service. The rooms were nice but my partner thought they were bland. Don't think they were bland, just impersonal which is the norm in big chain hotels anyway and a lot of people seem to appreciate it (I don't). Anyway I have nothing bad to say about the hotel. Our room was overlooking the atrium and didn't have much daylight as other people have pointed out. The only complaint I have is that when we checked in we were given a leaflet with the opening times for the Restaurant, the Mint Bar and the Atrium Lounge, it being Christmas, which meant these weren't the usual times. It stated that the Mint Bar would stay open till midnight on Christmas Day. We went there on Christmas Day and the barmen closed the bar much earlier (10ish). Some of the customer kicked up a fuss (we were just observing the whole thing) and asked to speak to the Manager. The Manager arrived and told the guys behind the bar to open the bar again. We spoke to a couple of barmen and they said that they had been previously told that the bar would be closing at 10pm and that's why they closed the bar - it made them look really bad but it wasn't their fault and they were obviously and understandably not happy. That happened again about an hour later because the Manager had told them to keep the bar open for another hour. So the customers kicked up a fuss again... and asked to speak to the manager again. In the meantime the night duty manager had started and the manager they spoke to previously had left. So the new manager told the guys to open up the bar again....!!! It made the poor guys behind the bar look really bad and I felt sorry for them cause they were just following orders from management. There was obviously a complete breakdown in communication between the bar staff and the management for some reason. It didn't bother me personally too much but at the same time did make them look like a bunch of amateurs instead of a professional 5* hotel. Other than that everything was fine. If you like the room on the photos (standard room) and like nice service (I hope this is not the norm in the bar and only happened because of christmas time) you'll probably like this hotel. And it is a very good location indeed.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Djorven
Reviewed January 11, 2009

We booked a 3 night stay at the Westin Dublin because of its central location in City Centre Dublin. We were not disappointed. Easy strolls will take you to St. Stephens Green, Grafton Street, Temple Bar, and O'Connell Street. Trinity College is directly next door. A 20 minute walk gets you to the National Museum and 10-15 minutes more will take you to Phoenix Park. An Aircoach stop is directly across the street from the hotel for a cheap (7 euros) and easy ride to the airport.

The hotel itself is impressive but much smaller than we thought - perhaps 5 stories at most. Staff was excellent at all times. We would certainly return.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kirby3b
Reviewed December 18, 2008

What a major disappointment. Our two room suite was okay, but it does not look like the picture. We couldn't get anyone to help with our bags. The first day of five, the tea pot broke and we never got a new one. The room was never cleaned. We spent so much money and it was just a horrid experience. Best book somewhere else. I would not rate this as a luxery hotel. It is one step over a motel. Stay at the Shelbourne. We were lost and they were more helpful than any of the staff at our hotel. Westin charged us for a newspaper!! We paid for a suite and they couldn't even comp us a news paper. I went with the hotel based on these reviews. Hopefully, I can save another traveler looking for an upscale hotel from being greatly disappointed. The food was expensive and horrid too!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2008

I don't often get it exactly right the first time I visit a new city when it comes to hotels. This time was an exception. In terms of a hotel perfectly located to visit all of the downtown Dublin attractions and superb accommodations at a reasonable price, I got it right this time. Or, the Westin did.

First - getting there from the airport. There is no train to a central hub. This is a "bus" city.You can take the "Airlink" to Dublin, a short trip. (6 miles?) Everyone takes the bus to go everywhere, or so it seemed. Big ones that block a good number of photo opportunities. However, I took a taxi. I arrived on a Saturday morning. Not busy so the fare was 20 euro (with tip). The cab driver said it's busier weekdays and usually twice that. On the way back, I paid 35.

I was an early arrival, really early. No problem. The room faced the atrium on the fourth floor. Well-appointed, comfortable, and the bathroom was larger than I expected. I received an "internet special" price: the value was exceptional.

Might be worthwhile mentioning that the food was exceptional too. I haven't had a lot of luck lately with meals "at the hotel:" average food for high prices. The Westin's Exchange restaurant was expensive but worth it.

The central location of the Westin made the prime attractions literally right out the door: Trinity College, the Book of Kells, Grafton Street shopping street, the River Liffey, and the old "Temple Bar" section of Dublin. And St. Patrick's Cathedral (Cathedral District) was walkable as was Dublinia (Viking/Medieval section). It may be important to some to note that while I was there, the Book of Kells was "out" having some kind of work done. Reproductions were in the display case and they only charged half price the admission price. Still worth seeing. Not sure how long they were to be "out." You can still see the Great Hall, which is quite impressive.

It appeared the number one activity in Dublin is "having a pint at the pub." Plenty of pubs, plenty of pints. My cab driver gave me the complete rundown of the best pubs including the price per pint. More information than I needed but illustrates how friendly and helpful everyone was during my visit.

Final notes on the hotel: the Westin Dublin was showing some signs of wear in places but not to the level of being irritating. The overall excellent experience with the staff and the hotel made these very few details "not a factor." It was mostly in the common areas - the room was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo