“Reliably nice!”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
CT, USA
“Reliably nice!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

After traveling over night it was wonderful to arrive to a clean and comfortable stay at the Westin. We were able to get into 1 of our 2 rooms early which made things easier for all of us. Location was great, we walked around easily to pubs, restaurants, trinity college and shopping. The doorman was very kind and helpful. It was a bit disappointing that of all 6 places we stayed while in Ireland (and by double the most expensive) it was the only place to charge for WIFI. overall this was a great starting point for our Ireland vacation.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear 6inourfamily, thank you for taking the time to share your comments following you and your family's stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that you were all happy with your accommodations and were able to take advantage of our location right here in the centre of Dublin city. I hope you all enjoyed your trip around Ireland and had a safe trip back to the US.
Fred Smits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Cashel, Ireland
Reviewed August 2, 2014

You expect high quality service, fine features and spacious accommodation when in the Westin. We get that every time we stay. Ross the concierge is more knowledgeable about Dublin city centre than several seasoned doormen in NYC hotels where we stay. We booked several complex taxi journeys through the Westin and discovered the hotel has a business arrangement with a taxi service that feels like a luxury travel option. I appreciate the aroma of fresh cut flowers in the main lobby and believe Westin's atrium is one of the best places in Dublin to read a newspaper. Its tea service is impeccable as well. TIP: Be careful walking around Trinity (300m from the front door) after 11PM at night. You need good street sense to avoid loud and obnoxious people crawling home from the pub.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank topgold
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear topgold thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments after your most recent stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted to be reading your review and all the lovely things you have to say about the hotel and the team. Thanks for your special mention for Ross on our concierge team, he is a great asset to our team and I have passed on your compliments to him. I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back the next time you visit Dublin.
Al the best
san francisco
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed three nights at this hotel in Dublin. It is a fantastic location. The staff is unbelievably accommodating and helpful. The room was nice. However, what was not helpful was the fact that I had booked the room before leaving the states telling them by phone that I had a 15 year old with me who is very tall and would need a bed brought into the room. Upon arriving, I was told that we would have to pay extra for the bed of 45 euros a night. I showed them my confirmation and they didn't honor the price I was quoted. Then when we went back to the hotel after our travels and before leaving for home, the price included the extra bed and was cheaper. Also on the last night they tried to charge us for WiFi. I guess my thought is that one should be very careful upon booking to get a price quoted and have them stick with it. Otherwise, nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ginger2468
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, this is a great place to stay if you want to be in the centre of Dublin, and stay in comfort.

Very central location, walking distance to most things.

Fantastic bed!!!. Can not fault the bed in any way. You could stay in it 24/7.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrianSG_visiting
Hi BrianSG_visiting Thank you so much for your wonderful review following your three night stay. It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am delighted to read that you would stay with us 24/7! Thanks again and we all look forward to your return visit.
Be well
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We loved staying here, right in the centre of dublin, with very big rooms. The staff were very friendly and had rooms with very nice views. it was a charming hotel with some of the biggest hotel rooms we have ever come across. Would recommend to anyone looking to stay in the centre of dublin in a large hotel room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 210Jenny
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear 210Jenny thank you so much for your lovely comments following your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and the team were friendly and helpful. I hope your trip home was a safe and comfortable one.
Be well
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Located steps from Dublin's famous Temple Bar district, River Liffey, and airport bus, the Westin's location location couldn't have been more convenient. The staff, however, seemed perpetually flustered, and couldn't answer basic questions about the city without referring to Google (e.g., bus stops, relative locations of historic landmarks, etc.) and were sometimes downright inattentive. Though I was the only person waiting, it took 5 minutes to get a receptionist to acknowledge me at check-in. Breakfast was not worth the €24 fee, and compared to every other hotel in Ireland I stayed in during my trip, the €15/day wifi was outrageous. Also beware of the slippery marble floors in bathrooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evan F
Dear Evan F thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am sorry that you were unhappy with several aspects of your stay. I am sorry to read that you found the concierge team to be unhelpful or lacking in knowledge, I have passed your comments on to the head concierge and he is investigating them. I am sorry that you felt this unhappy following your stay as this not how we ant our guests to feel. We appreciate your comments and if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Ireland
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend. Like a lot of others we had booked for the Garth Brooks concert but we had decided to go on ahead and didn't consider cancelling. Peter the doorman is the most welcoming and friendliest member if staff. It was lovely to be greeted by such an affable dubliner. I really hope the management appreciate him! All the staff were efficient and welcoming; smiles and greetings were turned on everytime you walked through the lobby; it was nice but a bit over the top at times. We had a room over looking Westmoorland street and the view was fabulous. Noise was not an issue even though we were steps away from templebar. The cleanliness and comfort was second to none. The beds were unbelievably comfortable and the bathroom was just lovely. I liked the little touches such as lights inside the wardrobe and the iHome docking station and alarm clock. Any requests we made were met imediately and the staff could not have done enough for us. It was a very relaxing stay and definitely a cut above the surrounding 4 star hotels but if I had any niggles to complain about it is the lack of free wifi. Practically everywhere in the city centre provide free wifi. Other hotels do and I don't see why the Westin can't. There is wifi in public areas but it is slow. once you get to your room you have to pay! The staff are extremely professional but a little too professional at times. There was very little conversation or banter entered into. I would like to see the staff be a little more human and less robotic but I Couldn't fault their level if service. We will most certainly be back at the Westin as the location is just perfect!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank cmcn2011
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hi cmcn2011 and thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us in the Westin. I am delighted that you decided to come and stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your special mention of Peter he is truly a wonderful asset to the team and we really do appreciate him! Its great to read that you were so happy with your accommodations and you enjoyed a restful night in our 'Heavenly beds'. I am happy that the team looked after your every request and that you will be back to stay with us again. We look forward to the chance to welcome you back to the Westin.