“Excellent Hotel”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, this is a great place to stay if you want to be in the centre of Dublin, and stay in comfort.

Very central location, walking distance to most things.

Fantastic bed!!!. Can not fault the bed in any way. You could stay in it 24/7.

1  Thank BrianSG_visiting
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Hi BrianSG_visiting Thank you so much for your wonderful review following your three night stay. It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am delighted to read that you would stay with us 24/7! Thanks again and we all look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We loved staying here, right in the centre of dublin, with very big rooms. The staff were very friendly and had rooms with very nice views. it was a charming hotel with some of the biggest hotel rooms we have ever come across. Would recommend to anyone looking to stay in the centre of dublin in a large hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 210Jenny
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear 210Jenny thank you so much for your lovely comments following your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your accommodations and the team were friendly and helpful. I hope your trip home was a safe and comfortable one.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Located steps from Dublin's famous Temple Bar district, River Liffey, and airport bus, the Westin's location location couldn't have been more convenient. The staff, however, seemed perpetually flustered, and couldn't answer basic questions about the city without referring to Google (e.g., bus stops, relative locations of historic landmarks, etc.) and were sometimes downright inattentive. Though I was the only person waiting, it took 5 minutes to get a receptionist to acknowledge me at check-in. Breakfast was not worth the €24 fee, and compared to every other hotel in Ireland I stayed in during my trip, the €15/day wifi was outrageous. Also beware of the slippery marble floors in bathrooms.

1  Thank Evan F

Dear Evan F thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am sorry that you were unhappy with several aspects of your stay. I am sorry to read that you found the concierge team to be unhelpful or lacking in knowledge, I have passed your comments on to the head concierge and he is investigating them. I am sorry that you felt this unhappy following your stay as this not how we ant our guests to feel. We appreciate your comments and if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend. Like a lot of others we had booked for the Garth Brooks concert but we had decided to go on ahead and didn't consider cancelling. Peter the doorman is the most welcoming and friendliest member if staff. It was lovely to be greeted by such an affable dubliner. I really hope the management appreciate him! All the staff were efficient and welcoming; smiles and greetings were turned on everytime you walked through the lobby; it was nice but a bit over the top at times. We had a room over looking Westmoorland street and the view was fabulous. Noise was not an issue even though we were steps away from templebar. The cleanliness and comfort was second to none. The beds were unbelievably comfortable and the bathroom was just lovely. I liked the little touches such as lights inside the wardrobe and the iHome docking station and alarm clock. Any requests we made were met imediately and the staff could not have done enough for us. It was a very relaxing stay and definitely a cut above the surrounding 4 star hotels but if I had any niggles to complain about it is the lack of free wifi. Practically everywhere in the city centre provide free wifi. Other hotels do and I don't see why the Westin can't. There is wifi in public areas but it is slow. once you get to your room you have to pay! The staff are extremely professional but a little too professional at times. There was very little conversation or banter entered into. I would like to see the staff be a little more human and less robotic but I Couldn't fault their level if service. We will most certainly be back at the Westin as the location is just perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank cmcn2011
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hi cmcn2011 and thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us in the Westin. I am delighted that you decided to come and stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your special mention of Peter he is truly a wonderful asset to the team and we really do appreciate him! Its great to read that you were so happy with your accommodations and you enjoyed a restful night in our 'Heavenly beds'. I am happy that the team looked after your every request and that you will be back to stay with us again. We look forward to the chance to welcome you back to the Westin.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We too had suffered at the hands of the Garth Brooks concert and booked here for the 27th of July, I rang reservations as soon as the concerts were officially canceled and I was told I would not receive a refund! So I drove 4 hrs to go up and stay in the hotel because I did not want to see my money go to waste! Now the hotel is nice and in a good location, but I can't but help feel a little cheated since iv read a previous review and the manager said that other customers got a refund and I was never offered one! I had no reason to visit Dublin since the concert was cancelled! I arrived at this 5 star hotel where you have to pay €25 per night to park your car, pay for wifi etc, iv stayed in quiet a few 5 star hotels and all of this is normally complimentary. Overall I should not have had to come here when the concert was cancelled, I had no reason to come here but I didn't want to see my hard earned money go to waste!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Kgpanda

Dear Kgpanda, thank you fro taking the time to share your thoughts after your stay with us in the Westin, I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with your stay. If you would like to discuss this further I would ask you to contact me directly. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The folks in the hotel were very attentive. Sometimes chain hotels in big cities can lack charm and service, but not here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable. The gym was simple and small, but functional to get a workout. The location was excellent ending right across from the Temple Bar area and close to many major attractions. Even so, it was not overly noisy or crowded. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Hi Travellingglobal thank you so much for your lovely review after you stayed with us. It is very nice to read comments such as yours and it makes all our hard work worthwhile. I am very happy that you found the team to be attentive. Its great to read that you would recommend us I want to thank you for that. I hope we will have a chance to welcome back again to the Westin Dublin.
Slan agus Beannacht

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here on our first two nights in Ireland. Couldn't have been nicer. The location is right in the middle of most of the things we wanted to do. Walked everywhere we went. Within a block of Trinity College.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Tom_and_Connie thank you for your kind words and for sharing them with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our fantastic location here in the centre of Dublin. I hope you enjoyed your trip around Ireland and had a safe trip home.