“Beautiful Location - Excellent Property”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
New Delhi
“Beautiful Location - Excellent Property”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I somehow missed reviewing this property. Westin, Dublin is a great great SPG property. I stayed in the Suite overlooking the Trinity College and the views were spectacular.

The team was very supportive of the kids and ensured they loved the stay; got them a westin kids club goodie bag.

SPG Plats would love the cocktail hours and room upgrades. Close to many places, this property is a definite yes to stay at!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Amandeep_Sethi thanks for taking the time to share your comments after you and your family stayed with us last summer. I am delighted that you all enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after your children. It is a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests. Thanks for your recommendation and I hope that we will have the chance you welcome you and your family back to the Westin and Dublin again some time very soon.
Fred Smits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
NEW YORK
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I traveled solo to DUBLIN, IRELAND solo. I had NO idea what to expect. Well, it was FABULOUS.
I took a cab to THE WESTIN, DUBLIN early morning. It was a long flight and I knew that at 8:00am a room might not be ready, but to my surprise the people were sooooooooo nice they said have breakfast and we will try to hurry and get you a room.
What wonderful lovely people. I didn't realize such nice people still existed. The room was perfect for me. It was like a penthouse apartment. The hotel was so centrally located that I was able to walk everywhere since I didn't have a car.
But the best thing that happened was unbelievable. Being my flight was very early I packed very fast and when I arrived home I realized I left my favorite sweater. I called the WESTIN and they said they will give that information to the WESTIN, DUBLIN WELL, Well today I received not only my favorite sweater but oh my god! Some of my personal items. Items I had no idea I left. I was soooooooo happy. I hope Tripadvisor can tell them just how wonderful they are.
Anita Trottman

Room Tip: The top floor to me was the best because some of the rooms had a terrace which I loved. The room fac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ATLAELEGANCE
Hi ATLAELEGANCE I am delighted to be reading your lovely review following your stay with us here in the Westin, thanks for your kind words and I have passed them on to the team who are delighted to have helped you in returning your items to you. I am very happy that we were able to accommodate an early check in and that you were happy with your room. It is so nice to receive comments such as yours and makes all our hard work worthwhile. Thanks again and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin Dublin.
All the Best
Londonderry northern ireland
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this lovely hotel and everything was good except on a 5 star hotel I expect free Wifi.

Staff good, room lovely, very clean, and breakfast was very good .

So sort out Wifi and I will stay again .

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank shirtmaker46
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Hi shirtmaker46 thank you for your lovely comments after your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your room and the team. I am sorry that you were unhappy with our Wi-Fi service as we pride ourselves on providing a five star service, there is complementary Wi-Fi available in the lobby areas and in the restaurants that we are delighted to provide to our guests. I do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back again the next time you visit Dublin.
All the best
Venice, California
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The Westin is a great hotel, right in the heart of Dublin! My boyfriend and I spent one night here and the staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and very well maintained. Our room was decorated nicely with modern amenities. Everything you would expect from a Westin, including the bed and available work out clothes from New Balance! There is also an atrium restaurant and bar that had delicious food for lunch and great tea service as well. The bar downstairs was quite lovely as well. The location is wonderful and easy to walk to many of the sights of Dublin, especially the more crowded shopping/restaurant areas. Definitely a great place to stay when visiting Dublin!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi BZBaby and thank you for taking the time to share your comments after you and your boyfriend stayed with us here in the Westin. I am delighted to be reading your review and am delighted to read that the team were helpful and friendly. Its great that you benefited from our gear lending, it is great to get out into the city and enjoy a run in this lovely summer weather. I do hope that you will visit us again and enjoy all our amenities. I hope your trip back to California was a comfortable one.
Galway
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed there for the last two nights as it was our anniversary. We payed 240 each night and couldn't believe we had to pay for breakfast. Our Room was quiet small. Definitely not value for money only paying for location.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Bbburke
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Bbburke thank you for your review following your stay with us last weekend. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your visit and that you found the rates to be high, but we work to be competitively priced with the other five star hotels in Dublin. I do hope we will have a chance to welcome you back to the Westin when you next visit Dublin from Galway. Thank you again for comments.
All the best
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Westin was centrally located for all the main attractions. Check in was a breeze and we were given recommendations for dinner. We were extremely disappointed that WiFi was not free - really even the buses had free WiFi. Clean room and good shower!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Sissy316 and thank you for taking the time to share your comments after you stayed with us here in the Westin. I am happy that the team looked after you with recommendations and you were pleased with your accommodations. I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with the Wi-Fi as our aim is to provide high quality service to our guests with the ability to use several devices in their rooms. I do hope that you will both be back again to visit us here in the Westin Dublin.
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Why would the hotel claim to be a 5 star but charge you 15 euros (approximately $21 US) a night for in room wi-fi .Come on, this is no longer the 1990's when you can get away with that. Even
Motel 6 give you free wi-fi at many of their locations and $2.99 for in room at the others. Shame
on them. Yes, you can tromp down to the lobby for free. Do you want to when it is your last night in Dublin and you want to check airplane info, email, etc.?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GeorgeD63
Dear GeorgeD63 thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am very sorry to read that you are unhappy with the cost of Wi-Fi during your stay. I can see that you are aware of the complimentary Wi-Fi that is available to all our guests in the restaurant bar and the lobby areas. However our aim is to provide high quality internet to our guests. I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you the next time you visit Dublin from Valparaiso.
All the Best