“Great place”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The building is fantastic, and the room superb. The place is very comfortable if you want to visit the City centre. However, there are works on the street when we visited it last summer. I like the amenities particulary. The people of the Hotel are very friendly.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Hello PatCFC and thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments after you visited us from Madrid here at The Westin Dublin. It’s great that you liked your room and enjoyed the hotel and our fantastic location. I am delighted that the team were friendly looked after your needs while you were with us. Thanks again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Dublin.
Fred Smits

Write a ReviewReviews (2,629)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The Westin is an absolute magnificent hotel! Every last detail oozes class. The staff are polite helpful friendly and courteous.The room was amazing with not a single detail missed. The bed to was amazing. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I had a truly 5 star experience. The Mint bar was fantastic. The cocktails were delicious And the food was second to none. If your thinking of luxury then i assure you this is the place for you. Its also located bang smack in the middle of Dublin with everything within walking distance.
It is a must for those of you who wish to experience a 5 star Hotel. I would recommend it to everyone. I also particularly liked the option to donate €1 on checking out to UNICEF. Very nice to see it being offered as a service. 5 Stars

Room Tip: Its only downside is that the don't have a pool Request a room with a view...... Breathtaking
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi fishballycotton
Thank you so much for your lovely comments after you visited us here in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that your stay was the lap of luxury! I am very happy to read that the team were friendly and helpful. Do give the Mint another visit as we have just finished a renovation there and it has a lovely new feel to it. I hope you will visit us again from Ballycotton and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I made reservations at the hotel for 2 rooms overnight from February 2nd to 3rd. This hotel is well located in Dublin close to the Liffey and Temple bar and other attractions in the city. I am a platinum starwood member and generally choose Westin hotels over any other brand including other Starwood brands and my experience is generally very positive. My customer experience at the Westin Dublin was the poorest I have encountered in some years in any premium branded hotel across the Americas, Europe and Asia, From the moment I walked through the door my high expectations of the Westin brand were not met as follows:

Attempted to check in at 11.30 AM ( this is early and generally is not a problem but certainly it is understandable that the room might not be ready). I also understood that the hotel was busy but when I inquired as to when we might be able to check in, rather than the front desk being helpful so we could plan a few hours by checking as to the status of the rooms a, check out time of the incumbent etc etc , I was reminded of the policy for check in was 3PM - ie I was read the policy!!. This is not how to serve any customer in a premier branded hotel, more like a call center response for a budget airline!!!

The same check in clerk then went on to assure me that he would call me when either room was available. I came back at 1.00 PM and was checked in only to get a call from the original clerk at 2.15PM to say my room was ready, clearly good customer service was not high on the agenda.

Generally on check in at a Starwood property, the check in clerk will recognize the status of a member and explain the benefits at the hotel. This did not happen

AT 7PM, I called to have the turn down service come and refresh the room and was assured that "someone would be right up". I returned to the room after dinner at 10.30 to find that there had been no turn down service and therefore towels etc had not been replaced, beds needed to be made, drinking water not replenished

Called guest services in the morning to ask for a clothes brush. Was told that they did not have one....a little surprising.

Breakfast at the hotel is the typical buffet style was the ability to order also, service was polite although slow despite almost nobody in the restaurant at the time

On check out, my bill had 4 errors 3 charges for HSIA which is complementary for a platinum preferred member and an erroneous mini bar charge.

My overall sense was the the hotel aspires to provide the type of service you could expect in a premier branded hotel situated in an international city but falls well short due to spotty service at best.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Conall D
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Couldn't fault this hotel. Upgraded on arrival, everything was perfect. Rooms clean and spacious, comfortable bed. Bathroom bright and clean. Staff we're exceeding friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Hi Aidan5046
Thanks so much for your nice review after your visit with us here in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that your stay was excellent! I am delighted to read that you will visit us again and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had our wedding here at considerable expense. The hotel provided a very low number of points considering the expenditure that was made - approx .66 points per $1 spent as opposed to normal 3 points per $1. The explanation offered is that the wedding was classified as an "event" and thus doesn't count towards SPG points, which makes no sense to me.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RoryOF
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear RoryOF,

Thank you for your review and your feedback.

We appreciate your comments and will continue to address your concerns offline. Please feel free to reach out to me directly

Best regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited Dublin as a birthday treat, the hotel is ideally located, However 5 stars does not merit this property a nice 4 star is the rating I would give. Rooms clean, public toilets shelving was dusty, staff on reception and dinner were lovely and friendly, shame that can't be said for the atrium staff who looked down their nose at us and only became nicer once they realised that we were residents!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AMcK_0305

Hello AMcK_0305
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your stay with us. I am so sorry to read that you felt the team in the Atrium were not friendly or welcoming to you. This is not how I want our guests to feel after they visit us and I am looking into the incident you have mentioned. I do hope that you will return to us for a visit and we get a chance to improve how you feel about us here in the Westin.
Be well

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Went for afternoon tea during day trip to Dublin. Luckily we had booked in advance as turned out to be quite busy. Chose this place based on afternoon tea menu, seemed more interesting and reasonable compared to other hotels. We definately made the correct decision

We arrived early so were encourage to try the Vault bar for a drink. lovely cocktails. Only let down was there was no table service and drinks were a wee bit slow, but I suppose thats only to be expected for traditional cocktails, and they did taste beauiful.

Brought our cocktails to the Atrium where afternoon tea was served and we were wowed by the room. Really bright and beautiful.

service was friendly and prompt. We opted for the "peculiar" afternoon teaand the food was amazing! it was interesting and tasty. not just style over substance. We still talk about our experience here and the exceptional value. Would be prepared to pay much more for what we got!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hi jc1102
Thanks for your lovely review it is always our aim to ensure our guests are this pleased after a visit with us. You are so right our most peculiar afternoon is a great experience. I am delighted to read that the team were friendly and efficient. It’s great to read that you are still talking about your afternoon tea and I hope it is not too long before you visit us for another one!