“one night break away”

Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
NI
“one night break away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Having left our sons off at Dublin airport we had decided to treat ourselves to a short city break in Dublin before heading home. i assume because it was a Saturday traffic was light and using the sat nav it was easy to find on Westmoreland street in the city centre. The on duty door man took our car and parked it underground and we booked in. We had arrived early not expecting to have a room to go to as book-in was not until 3pm, however our room was ready.
Room was well appointed, clean, neat and just what you would expect from a 5* hotel with all the usual refinements including bathrobes, toiletries, tea, coffee and mini bar etc
Staff at all levels were attentive, courteous and helpful at all times
Breakfast was part of our booking and was wide ranging and plentiful with a choice of full Irish or Continental or both for that matter.
Very well located in the city centre close to the Temple Bar area, Gresham St and O'Connell St.
The only down side of the trip was the extra charges added to the bill. Obviously you pay a premium price for a city centre 5* hotel however i would have thought that a hotel of this quality would have had free wifi in the rooms and not just in the lobby. I had to pay 15 euros for 24hrs of wifi. i also had to pay for the car parking another 25 euros for 24hrs.
To finish on a positive note the break was enjoyable and the Westin is perfectly placed to explore the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saditch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hotel is very near Trinity College and the pedestrian shopping area that leads up to it. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Hotel staff was attentive and arranged for car rentals, dining suggestions, assisted with maps and so forth. There is a small sitting area with a bar and light fare that is pleasant and well appointed. It is a nice place for a small meeting, or a relaxing drink in the afternoon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wanderlust_FW
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello Wanderlust_FW
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments after your stay with us when you visited from Fort Worth. I am very happy to read that you were pleased with so many aspects of your stay. Thank you for your nice comments about the team, I have shared your review with them. I believe you are talking about the Atrium and you are so right it is a lovely oasis of calm in the centre of Dublin city. I hope we will have the chance to look after you again very soon.
Be well
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was my third stay at the Westin Dublin, this time 2 nights on a business trip. The location makes it the best choice for both business and pleasure, the facilities are very good, and the service flawless. I like the small but well equipped gym, as well as the lobby and common areas, stylish but not opulent. I had a junior suite, very spacious, well appointed, perfect to rest, to get work done and to relax. The marble bathroom was very big and comfortable.
The continental breakfast I had on both days was perfectly adequate. The choice of breads, pastry, cold cuts, cheese and fruit is plentiful - not extraordinary lavish but certainly more than adequate for any taste. There is even a machine to cook fresh pancakes! I found the (young) staff on duty both mornings extremely polite, professional and efficient, ready to accomodate any request.
In short, I had a perfect stay and needless to say I’ll stay again if I’m back in Dublin.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hi Bingo_the _Dog
Thanks for your nice review after your visit here in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted that the team looked after you so well. I am very happy to read that you were pleased with your accommodations. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you for a fourth time! Thanks again for your lovely comments and I look forward to your next visit.
Vriendelijke groeten
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have spent 3 days in this very conveniently located westin Dublin at the end of our NYE trip to Ireland.

The plus of this place is undoubtedly the location, close to train station, right in the city centre and every bus to the airport stop in front of the hotel.

We had an upgrade from deluxe to Junior suite for a supplement. The room itself was nice and clean, decent size, nice sitting area and huge marble bathroom. Some part of the ceiling was a bit too low for tall people though.

Like in every westin, we had of course nice king size "heavenly bed". I love it so much that I have pruchased the same to equiped my own bedroom so I know quite enough how to do the bed and for that I must say that the housekeeper have some lack of pratice because the bed was not reality well done at all. when you look closer the sheets were very messy and one side was short another was long, duvet not properly inserted in the cover it was quite disapointing for a 5 star westin...

They were no proper turn down service but instead, the house keeping brouhgt water and a bucket of ice at 8.30pm which was quite out of subject. the bed was turn down and she even re-enter the room without knocking eventhough she knew we were inside !!

The breakfast was not as good I would would expected it was a crowdy day around NYE and they were not that much variety of choices, plus some problem in refilling. Floors were quite dirty with food evreywhere as there were many children that day espacially around the couch area. They were nobody to sweep the floor before giving the table to new guests coming-in as I had been observing.

A five star hotel should be more careful of those small details...

The common area was quite nice the lobby was small but cosy there were nothing to compare it with and nothing to complain about as well as for the atrium lounge which was quite like an extension of the lobby as you would prefer to sit in the lounge and in the lobby to have a chat or to be connected to wifi. I didn't have time to pay a visit to the fitness but it was a pity they don't have a swiming pool though

The personnel was friendly and professional eventhough some receptionnists looked a bit stressed I I presume the hotel was fully booked with a wedding going on the 31/12/13...

The check-out was quite efficient and everything went quick.

As conclusion I quite like staying at The Westin and I think it's of the best choice for staying in Dublin. But according to my experience I would down grade this hotel to a 4 star / 4+ star as some detail of the service was not there yet to make it properly a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ACVK
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear ACVK
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments after your stay with us. Thank you for the nice comments about the team and I am happy to read that you found them to be friendly and professional. You are so right we are very lucky with our location right here in the centre of Dublin city. However I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with some aspects of your stay. I have spoken with our executive housekeeper and she would like me to pass along her apologies for how your bed was made up. She has spoken with the housekeeper in question who has been retrained. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the breakfast service, as you say the hotel was extremely busy but this should not have affected the service. I agree that attention to detail is very important and is something I hope we always provide and I must apologise if we let you down on this visit. I do hope we will see you again and have the chance to look after you and improve you feelings about us in the Westin Dublin.
Should you wish to discuss this further I would ask you to contact me directly. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Kind regards
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My 3 kids and I spent 5 days in Dublin sight seeing and eating. The Westin was beyond perfect. Our rooms were huge, thanks to the Amex upgrade, and so comfortable. The rooms connected so we felt like we had a suite. It is a perfect way to travel with older kids because everyone has privacy but we are all very near. We ate breakfast every morning in the restaurant. (part of a breakfast included deal) and the choices were great and food delicious. We staff was angelic and made every effort to be helpful. The concierge was always at the ready with great ideas for adventure. The location was perfect. I worked out every morning and the gym was clean and Equiptment fine. In the afternoons while we had a rest hour, I would sit by one of the fireplaces and read. We were all very comfortable at a very competitive price. Westin had me at hello.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy T
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Wendy T
It is so encouraging to read such a positive review and I appreciate you taking the time to post it. I am very happy that you and your family had such a lovely stay with us. It’s great that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and the team looked after you and helped you to explore Dublin. have shared your lovey comments with them all and they are delighted, thanks again. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin the next time you visit.
All the best
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Grand accommodations, ambience and service...from Front Desk to Conceirge to wait staff. Location the best for walking all around Dublin, from Trinity College, Temple Bar, parks, carless blocks for window shopping with fun entertainment at the curbside. Also close to busline should you care to venture further.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ccapone4
Thanks for your lovely comments; I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit from Michigan! We are very lucky with our location and I am glad you benefited from that. I have passed your nice comments on to the team and I do hope you will visit us again the next time you visit Dublin.
Slan agus beannacht
General Manager.
Dublin, IE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed over at the Westin Dublin for Christmas, and the experience was second to none. The location is amazing, just besides Trinity College and in front of Temple Bar. Personnel at the reception and the concierge were super friendly and always happy to help. Breakfast was very good, but in case you'd like to have something light you may want to go to the Starbucks that's practically besides the hotel. Another plus is the high quality of the rooms. My bed was very comfortable and even when the hotel is in such a centric location, the rooms aren't noisy. I know a lot of hotels in Dublin, and definitively the Westin is one of my favourites.

In summary, if you're looking for a luxury accommodation with a great bar in one of the best spots in Dublin, look no more and book here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IrishMX
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi IrishMX, I appreciate you posting your review following your stay with us. It is fantastic to read that you were happy with your room allocation and enjoyed a refreshing nights rest in our ‘Heavenly Beds’. You are so right we are very lucky with our location right here in the centre of Dublin. I am delighted that the team looked after you well during your stay with us, thanks again for your kind words and I am delighted that we are one of your favourite hotels in Dublin! I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
All the best