“Irish Delight”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Waterford, Michigan
“Irish Delight”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Grand accommodations, ambience and service...from Front Desk to Conceirge to wait staff. Location the best for walking all around Dublin, from Trinity College, Temple Bar, parks, carless blocks for window shopping with fun entertainment at the curbside. Also close to busline should you care to venture further.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear ccapone4
Thanks for your lovely comments; I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit from Michigan! We are very lucky with our location and I am glad you benefited from that. I have passed your nice comments on to the team and I do hope you will visit us again the next time you visit Dublin.
Slan agus beannacht
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Dublin, IE
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed over at the Westin Dublin for Christmas, and the experience was second to none. The location is amazing, just besides Trinity College and in front of Temple Bar. Personnel at the reception and the concierge were super friendly and always happy to help. Breakfast was very good, but in case you'd like to have something light you may want to go to the Starbucks that's practically besides the hotel. Another plus is the high quality of the rooms. My bed was very comfortable and even when the hotel is in such a centric location, the rooms aren't noisy. I know a lot of hotels in Dublin, and definitively the Westin is one of my favourites.

In summary, if you're looking for a luxury accommodation with a great bar in one of the best spots in Dublin, look no more and book here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IrishMX
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi IrishMX, I appreciate you posting your review following your stay with us. It is fantastic to read that you were happy with your room allocation and enjoyed a refreshing nights rest in our ‘Heavenly Beds’. You are so right we are very lucky with our location right here in the centre of Dublin. I am delighted that the team looked after you well during your stay with us, thanks again for your kind words and I am delighted that we are one of your favourite hotels in Dublin! I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Dublin
Reviewed January 3, 2014

A belated thank you for the wonderful Christmas lunch myself and my family had on Monday the 23rd of December. We really enjoy the ambiance and the food. The service was fantastic, we all commented on how nice the day was.
It was a great way to kick off Christmas and a lovely welcome home for my son from who had travelled from Australia.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Irish_CailinDublin
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your Christmas lunch with us here in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted that you all enjoyed it so much and I hope your son is enjoying being home I would like to wish you and your family a happy new year for 2014.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If location is important, no other hotel in Dublin is as central as the Westin.
Across the road from Temple Bar, the strip with the best Irish pubs in Dublin and a short stroll to both shopping strips, the hotel is extremely well located.
Service is possibly their only letdown. We had 3 rooms, one of which wasn't serviced until 6pm at night and the concierge was nowhere to be seen over the 3 days, leaving us to our own vices to book restaurants etc.
Not normal for Westin Hotels, and whilst no excuse, I'll give them the benefit of the xmas period and a wedding at the hotel during our stay as an excuse.
Rooms are well appointed and their "heavenly beds" are always a treat.
Don't bother with the view as there simply isn't one. Our deluxe room looked straight into the side of a roof, about 2 feet away.
Food at the Mint Bar was fantastic and they even kept the kitchen open for us after a late arrival.
Would highly recommend this hotel, if only they could sort out their concierge.

Room Tip: Views are very rare, but ask for a room on the top floor to set some outlook over the roofs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello Only1stClass and thank you for taking the time to share your nice review after you and your family visited us from Australia here in The Westin Dublin.
It is lovely to read your comments and to read that the team looked after you in The Mint. But I am sorry to read your comments on our concierge team I am disappointed to read that you did not receive any help from the team. I am investigating the issue you have raised in your review, I do hope your trip back to Perth was comfortable.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The Westin Dublin in December was an Irish "Merry Christmas" fantasyland. It is the perfect tourism location that was so convenient when we just wanted to stroll through the neighborhood as essentially all of the sights and attractions are nearby. As we entered we were welcomed by a pair of roaring fireplaces (with seating areas nearby), tons of decorations, and a choice of warm cider or a mulled fruit drink, and I hadn't even checked in yet! Check in was smooth and fast as Nicole Thomas and Kristina Moody in reservations had assisted in advance. Great job. My room was delightful, clean, and comfortable with a large bathroom. Room service (Irish coffees and appetizers) was delicious and fast. The management here (Fred Smits especially) runs a lovely establishment that should be at the top of your list in Dublin. I dined at the other older famous hotel and I must say that it is no match for this team. The Westin Dublin is the go to spot.

Hello NYtravelcriticint
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments after you stayed with us over the Christmas period. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for your nice comments about the team and I have passed them on to the team especially Nicole and Kristina. I am always so happy to read that our guests leave us this happy. It’s great to read that you would recommend us so highly. I hope we will have the chance to look after you again very soon.
Slan agus Beannacht
new york
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel has a great location . The front desk and manager were top notch . Concierge services were not up to par for a Westin . The recommendations were weak and did not help us at all . The breakast was superb . The room was poorly lit and outlets were not easy to use . We had a bite to eat in the atrium but it was disappointing that it was booked with weddings for two out of te three days .

Hello suelpc
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
Thank you for your nice comments about the team in ‘check in’ and our front office manager. However I am very sorry to read that our concierge team were not up to par. This is not what we expect from our team here in the Westin and I am investigating your comments. If you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be delighted to speak with you about your comments. I am sorry that you were unable to enjoy our Atrium I understand that it must have been frustrating for you. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have had our Christmas Eve lunch in Westin for last five or six years.Always a nice experience for the six of us---Champagne in Atrium then buffet lunch! This year was a disaster from the start--rang four or five times in November to book---Christmas Co-ordinater was never there and never returned call eventually got call back --this becauseI I got quite annoyed with phone operater Booked table for Six---got call from Co-ordinater about 10 th December looking for credit card details and informing us meal had gone up to €85 per head---think it was €65 last year----queried what we were getting for increase---guy didn't know---said he was new this year. Met up in Atrium had our usual great experience---nice table--lovely staff--a couple of bottles of Champagne. Glad we enjoyed it because it was downhill all the way after that ! Went down to Banking Hall---half full --no athmosphere at all -Food was very good---but had a rotten table---Band very good but packed up early--staff couldn't wait for us to finish to get off home for Christmas--understandable--but not good enough---a bored looking young Santa going around---we were so glad we had no kids with us---. It was probably very good for our livers as we only had two bottles of wine between Six of us--we all couldn't wait to get out--- Nobody came around to ask were we enjoying the meal and I can understand why! We certainly won't repeat the experience!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 6lexington
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear 6lexington
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. However I am very sorry to read that you were unhappy with the service you received while organising your Christmas Eve lunch. I would like to apologise to you for your poor experience during lunch. As you know from previous times when you had lunch with us we pride ourselves on providing a personalised service in The Westin Dublin. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly to discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Kind regards,