“Christmas Eve”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Christmas Eve”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have had our Christmas Eve lunch in Westin for last five or six years.Always a nice experience for the six of us---Champagne in Atrium then buffet lunch! This year was a disaster from the start--rang four or five times in November to book---Christmas Co-ordinater was never there and never returned call eventually got call back --this becauseI I got quite annoyed with phone operater Booked table for Six---got call from Co-ordinater about 10 th December looking for credit card details and informing us meal had gone up to €85 per head---think it was €65 last year----queried what we were getting for increase---guy didn't know---said he was new this year. Met up in Atrium had our usual great experience---nice table--lovely staff--a couple of bottles of Champagne. Glad we enjoyed it because it was downhill all the way after that ! Went down to Banking Hall---half full --no athmosphere at all -Food was very good---but had a rotten table---Band very good but packed up early--staff couldn't wait for us to finish to get off home for Christmas--understandable--but not good enough---a bored looking young Santa going around---we were so glad we had no kids with us---. It was probably very good for our livers as we only had two bottles of wine between Six of us--we all couldn't wait to get out--- Nobody came around to ask were we enjoying the meal and I can understand why! We certainly won't repeat the experience!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 6lexington
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear 6lexington
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. However I am very sorry to read that you were unhappy with the service you received while organising your Christmas Eve lunch. I would like to apologise to you for your poor experience during lunch. As you know from previous times when you had lunch with us we pride ourselves on providing a personalised service in The Westin Dublin. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly to discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Kind regards,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The hotel is located in an ideal spot, right in the heart of the city.
Staff are very friendly and always willing to help.
Food in the restaurant is excellent, and the happy hour is great value.
Breakfast is awesome, with a wide selection of top quality foods.
The cocktail bar is also worth a visit.
Some rooms can be noisy, but overall, they're fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank waterzooi
Hi waterzooi
Thanks for your nice comments after you stayed with us in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that you found the team to be friendly and helpful. Its great to read that you found the time to enjoy all the amenities in the hotel and they lived up to your expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at the Dublin Westin. The central location was perfect for exploring the city on foot. A very short walk to Temple Bar pubs and to Grafton Street shopping. The staff were so friendly and helpful, really enhancing my stay. And, the room was just perfect. Comfortable Westin bed. Lovely soaking tub. Beautiful marble in the bathroom. Quiet room. Good food (and more good staff) at the Atrium lounge. When I return to Dublin, I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Was in one of the smallest rooms, which wasn't really small at all. Plenty of space!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Travelling_girl76
Thanks for your lovely review of The Westin Dublin, we are so lucky with the city central location of the hotel and it allows for easy sightseeing and exploring of Dublin. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a great nights rest in our ‘Heavenly beds’ and thank you for your lovely comments about the team here I have passed them on! I am looking forward to welcoming you the next time you visit us from Pennsylvania. Thanks again fro taking the time to share your comments and I hope we will see you again soon
Slan agus Beannacht
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed one night in Westin Dublin as it's closer to the Main Street for museums and temple Bars, and of course it's much easy for us to meet up with friends for the night.
The check-in was not a good experience, but service recovery by Fred was simply fantastic. We were upgraded to the suite of the hotel. This is something we were not expecting, but a very nice gesture by the GM.
Breakfast and tea were good, especially the service staff from the Atrium. She is very attentive and warm.
Thank you Westin Dublin for a wonderful night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SunnyIsland71 thanks for your lovely review of The Westin Dublin. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to read that the team in the Atrium were attentive to your needs. Indeed we try to ensure that all our guests feel cared for when they visit us. Thanks for your nice comments and all of the team in The Westin Dublin look forward to your return visit from Singapore.
Be well
Golden, ColorADO
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I was hesitant to book when i read a few snarky reviews here. So glad i did, though. This was a lovely hotel. Our room was excellent. The marble bathroom was totally luxurious. Beautiful linens and bath products. The downstairs bar/restaurant was above average. No complaints at all.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Spainin2008
Hi Spaininn2008 thanks for your nice words after you stayed with us in October. I am delighted to read that we did not disappoint, and that you liked your accommodations and found your stay to be above average. Thanks for your comments and I hope we will have the chance to look after you again here in The Westin Dublin.
Be well
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Elegant reception which handled check in smooth and efficiently. We were allocated one of the SPG floor rooms, for the group members, this had been totally refitted and had the great smell of new carpet and fittings. For a 5* hotel the room lacks warmth upon arrival! no heating! It lacks easy facilities of a Nespresso machine and biscuits.

Food in The Mint Bar is excellent. Service is prompt and friendly with a good selection of dishes until 10pm.

Breakfast needs attention. The guy on duty needs firing, staff are dull and lifeless. Only 1 person was in the restaurant when we walked in at 0830 and yet there was no bacon, orange juice or butter at the buffet. Crossain't are dried out. Dirty plates are left on your small table, uncleared. Table service was slow and unattentive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no adjoining door to improve your sleep.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hello Bigboy1959
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
Thank you for your nice comments about the team in The Mint bar and the team in Front office. However I am sorry to read your comments about The Exchange. I have passed your comments to our restaurant manager and we are investigating the issue as this is not how I want our guests to be received for breakfast. I would like to apologise to you for this. If you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be happy to speak with you about these issues, thanks again.
Connecticut
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We found an opportunity to spend two nights in Dublin on our way home from Spain. As a member of the Starwoods Preferred Guest Program I found an excellent opportunity using points and was able to upgrade to an even nicer room for 29 Euro per night. The staff at every level were superb. We enjoyed supper one evening at the Mint Restaurant onsite and the food was so good that we made of point of letting the front desk know at check out. The location is perfect and close to Trinity College, St. Patricks Cathedral, Christ Church and yes, the Guiness Brewery. Our room (4th floor) had been recently renovated so everything was in excellent working order. We hope to return to Dublin in the near future for a week and the Westin Dublin will definitely be part of our itinerary.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello wpmchesternj and thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review after you visited us from Spain here in The Westin Dublin.
It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you had a wonderful time. I am delighted that the team were superb and I have passed your comments on to them. I want to say thanks again for your kind words and I am delighted that you plan to visit us again and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.