“Great Experience”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I strongly recommend this hotel. The staff was so very pleasant and professional. The room was exceptionally clean. And, the location of this hotel is so very convenient to the shops and eateries. I will definitely stay at the Westin in Dublin again.
Maureen G.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing the street. I like to see the city view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Maureen G
Thanks so much for taking the time to share such lovely comments after you visited us in November. It is so nice to read that the team were professional and looked after you well during your stay. Thank you for your recommendation and I am delighted we will have the chance to welcome you back to us in The Westin Dublin again.
Fred Smits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I chose this hotel because my daughter wanted to visit the "Harry Potter" library at Trinity College and to also see the college grounds. It was also recommended as a place where you could just walk out your door and be near everything, which it was! We loved the location and were able to see Grafton Street, cross the river, shop, and find plenty of restaurants and pubs everywhere we looked. Bringing daughters, ages 20 and 21, meant going to the Temple Bar area at night and it was a short walk away.

The rooms we had were luxurious. Our daughters had two twin beds and their bathroom was humungous! I have never seen such a huge bathroom in a center city hotel, anywhere! We had a King room with a bathroom half the size, but it was still normal-sized and gorgeous so I did not
mind at all. The beds were very comfortable and had quality linens.

From the moment we arrived, I felt the staff was eager to take care of us. We arrived very early, way before check-in, after doing an all-night flight from America. I really didn't believe they'd have a room ready for us, but they did so we put all our luggage in the one room and went out to sight see. The staff was very eager to get another room for us as soon as possible and near one another.

The breakfast buffet was in an elegant room and included hot foods such as an Irish Breakfast, along with another buffet with smoked salmon, cereals, fruit and yogurt. I do not eat any wheat or grains and was able to find plenty of delicious food. Breakfast was included in our room price so we just had to tell them our room number when we came down to eat.

We also stayed here one night at the end of our trip before an early flight to America. This time, my husband and I had a room on the Trinity College side of the hotel. This can get a bit noisy on a Saturday night when everyone comes home from the pubs. I am a light sleeper, though, and my husband did not hear a thing.

Please be careful when going out to The Temple Bar area though. My daughter had her brand new iPhone stolen right out of her pocket that was buttoned. There are professional pick-pockets looking for easy prey in crowded situations and they can have your phone right out of your pocket before you know it. This has nothing to do with the hotel, but I felt you should be prepared when you go out at night so the same thing doesn't happen to you or your kids.

Room Tip: all the rooms we had were gorgeous. It seems as if the double twin-bed rooms are more spacious. Bo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Donna224488 It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. We are very lucky with our location here in The Westin Dublin and its great you and your daughters benefited from this. I am delighted to read you were happy with so many aspects of your stay I am pleased to read that you were all so happy with your rooms. However Donna I am very sorry to read that your daughter was unfortunate enough to have her iPhone stolen. This is a problem in all cities even here in Dublin.
I am delighted that the team looked after you and your family while you visited and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit from Philadelphia.
Slan agus Beannacht
Camby, Indiana
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel, everyone was nice from check-in to check-out. The location could not be beat, when you leave the hotel and walk to the right, within steps you have two Starbucks (across the street from each other), plus great eateries around too. I love that Trinity College was so close. I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mellissa T
Thanks for your lovely review; I am always happy when our guests are this pleased after their stay with us. We are lucky with our location, thanks for your special mention of the team. It’s great to read that you would be happy to return to visit us again. Thanks again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am surprised this isn't ranked higher. We really enjoyed our stay here. Cleanest/newest hotel rooms we encountered in Ireland and wonderful location.

The hotel bar could be nicer (turns almost club like at night) but the hotel rooms were fantastic. It is also centrally located and a short walk to everything!!

I would highly consider this if traveling to Dublin!

Room Tip: Request 4th floor if you can - Starwood preferred Guest floor and the beds are softer.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Michelle D
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments after your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel in general. We are about to start a refurbishment of our Mint bar so I hope you will really enjoy it the next time you visit us from Chicago.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It's near trinity college and temple bar area. While temple bar area may be touristy, it's fun to walk through... Plus the hotel is really in the center of things (grafton st, etc) the rooms were clean and there's a nice bar downstairs called mint. Also a block away is a bar called Bank... It's a bank they converted into a bar... MUST GO!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice this year. The staff are lovely. The building has lots of character and the rooms are pretty decent. It is a classic hotel, rather than cutting edge, but both stays have been great. The internal rooms, facing into an internal courtyard, rather than out onto the street, are a little odd but ultimately I would stay again. Good breakfast and room service, attentive staff, worth a look.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hello sb 1London
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments after your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you were happy after both time that you stayed with us.I am glad that you found the team to be lovely and you were happy with your accommodations. I do hope we will have the chance to look after you again the next time you visit Dublin from London.
Santa Fe
Reviewed November 25, 2013

we had to turn off the master switch in the room to make the entry light turn off. then, of course the clock didn't work and neither would the bathroom light. We called the desk and they sent someone up to see. He couldn't fix it. He left. He came back with the night manager, who thought the repair man and us that we were idiots. Then he couldn't fix it. The next morning I told the desk about it and to please fix it. They didn't. I told the desk again the next morning to please fix it. They didn't. We checked out the next day, I complained and they took a little off the room bill. But it really didn't compensate for the problem. The earlier times I stayed there everything was fine but this time horrible. I wont stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bbmik
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Hello bbmik
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am sorry that you were unhappy with the level of service while you stayed with us. I was very disappointed to read that we were unsuccessful in our attempts to rectify the issue with the lights in your room. I have passed your comments to our Front Office manager and we are investigating the issue so we can ensure this does not happen again.
If you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be delighted to speak with you about these issues thanks again.