“Love this hotel!!!”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Excellent location, restful rooms, but the best is the staff. The jovial door man, the efficient and intelligent desk clerk. The best was the concierge that got us reservations at a Michelin star restaurant that was BOOKED, for 6, with 1 day notice!!! It was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Connecticut-MD
It is so encouraging to read such a positive review and I appreciate you taking the time to post it. I am very happy that the whole team went above and beyond to help you enjoy your stay. It’s great that you had an enjoyable dining experience! I have shared your lovey comments with them all and they are delighted, thanks again. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin the next time you visit.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Dublin

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My stay was for 7 nights for a work-related trip. This Westin is centrally located to restaurants, shopping, and transportation. It has a very traditional feel, common to many Westin properties that I've stayed at but lacking the modern-ness that I feel it should have at this day and age. It is your very classic style, probably refurbished back some time around 2006.

I was given a room with two twin beds - they could not accommodate me with a queen or king bed. But, at least the bed was a Heavenly bed and was pretty comfortable. The bathroom was pretty sizeable though with a separate shower and tub. And the room was also pretty spacious.The property was kept very clean and I had a room on the same floor as the Fitness Center - very convenient. I did not have a great view so you may want to ask for a room that has a better one.

I also had dinner in their restaurant; very expensive so beware. Overall, the stay was decent but I would not say that it exceeded any expectations. Too bad as I am a Gold SPG member.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Irene W

Dear irieisle
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your seven day stay with us.
We enjoy a fantastic location here in The Westin Dublin and I am glad that you were able to benefit from this. However I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with your accommodations. I would ask you to please contact us prior to your next stay with any special requests that you may have. As you know we always do our best to assist our loyal SPG Gold members with any special requirements.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.
Kind regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel. Very much a five star and thanks to Maggie at the front desk for her service. The room was beautiful. Photos on their website are accurate. I asked for a room away from the street and we were very graciously accommodated.

We were scheduled to spend two nights at the Westin before leaving Dublin, but had a small crisis with flights and could only stay one day Saturday, July 20. Two days were paid in full back in May through hotels.com.

I am seeing pending charges on my credit card. If anything, I should be getting a refund for the 2nd night. We were well within the 24 hour notice period. Soooo, my rating right now is a five star BUT that will be changed rapidly if my charges do not get rectified.
If Westin is reading this...look for Pat and Bob J.

Room Tip: In noisy Dublin... I recommend room away from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hello FaithPrevails and thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review after you and your husband stayed with us in The Westin Dublin.
Thank you for your nice comments about your lovely room and the helpfulness of the team. I have passed your comments on to Maggie; she is such an asset to the team.
I know that you are in correspondence with the Front office team about your cancellation, and we hope that the agency you made the booking with will be able to look after you.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I were spending 7 days touring Ireland and our first stop was the Westin Dublin for a one night stay. We had a pleasant experience at this hotel starting with the doorman assisting us with our luggage and car. The hotel is in a great location and convenient to attractions, shopping and food. We found the staff to be very friendly and the accommodations inviting. We appreciated getting into our room early since we had just got off the plane from the US. Our experience at this hotel was a great start to our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jim C thank you for taking the time to share such postiive words after your visit with us in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted that you and your wife had a lovely stay with us and the team were able to accommodate an early check in for you both. Its great to read that we helped you have a great start to your trip around Ireland.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location for this property couldn't be any better. Located across the street from the Bank of Ireland, Trinity College, and Temple Bar. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. If the weather is nice, enjoy a drink out on the sidewalk bar and watch the people walk by. Very close to the river as well where you can find some fantastic food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi cfortn thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Westin Dublin, it is very nice to read that you enjoyed excellent service while you stayed with us.
You are so right about our location we are very lucky to be right in the centre of everything here in Dublin city, thanks again for your nice words and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while we visited Dublin. This hotel is within walking distance of everything you want to do/see as a tourist! The room was large, clean, and very nice. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was huge, and the shower was great. On a Saturday night we were having difficulty making dinner reservations and the concierge was able to get us a last minute reservation at one of Dublin's best restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you posting your review following you and your husband’s stay with us. It is fantastic to hear you were happy with your room allocation and enjoyed a refreshing nights rest in our ‘Heavenly Beds’. I am delighted that the concierge team helped you with dining out in Dublin, thanks again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

You could not get a more perfect location for exploring Dublin. The Westin is right across the street from Trinity College, a short walk to Grafton St and Temple Bar, and very near the hop-on, hop-off sightseeing bus. The room was like a typical U.S. Westin Hotel...very nice, comfortable, tasteful, air conditioned (which was a huge factor when we were there during a record heat wave). We had beers in the bar in the lower level...I can't recommend any of the food we tried, but service was very good and it's a nice comfortable place for an after-sightseeing drink.
Staff throughout were extremely polite and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi LuvToEat53
Thanks for your kind words after your stay with us In The Westin Dublin. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that you were here during the fantastic weather we are enjoying here in Dublin. I am glad to read that you enjoyed some down time in The Mint bar and the team looked after you during your visit there.
We look forward to your stay the next time you visit from San Jose.