“Lovely”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Sacramento, California
“Lovely”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My brother and I stayed here on points for our first trip to Europe. The staff was helpful. Our room had a great view of Fleet Street. It is walking distance to everything any tourist wants to see in Dublin. The gym is fantastic. Our room was clean and comfortable. The tea room was great as well as the breakfast. Front desk service was polite and helpful. There are computers available for guests to use and a concierge who will book tickets for you and give you great tips. The front desk will coordinate taxis for you. I wouldn't stay any where else in Dublin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello Mollelliot
Thanks for taking the time to post your lovely review of The Westin Dublin.
It is so nice that you and your brother had a good time when you stayed with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and I have passed your lovey review on to all the team.
I do hope that the next time you visit Dublin from California that we will welcome you back to The Westin Dublin again.

Be well
Fred Smits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
ga
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a beautiful Westin in a great location!! The hotel is a typical high end Westin, very classy. The staff is exceptional, we especially enjoyed Peter helping us in our car every day, he is precious!! Location is perfect for walking to local restaurants and shops. Loved it!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Kerihill
It is a pleaseure to read your review after your visit to The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations. We are so lucky to have Peter on our team he is such an asset I have passed your lovely comments on to him.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel in the heart of the city - short walk from Temple Bar.
We had a fantastic room, no complaints at all.
Food excellent too.
Only downside was the 200 euros I had to pay as security (we were there for 4 nights - 50 euros/night) - I thought that was an awful lot to pay, but obviously received this back at the end of our stay.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allison A
I appreciate you posting your review following your stay with us. It is fantastic to hear you enjoyed our central location and your room allocation was suited to your needs. I am sorry to read of your frustration with the security deposit this we do ask this of all our guests and it is a standard procedure, but as you say it is returned to you straight away on check-out. Thanks again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
montreal
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good hotel. Good service. Great beds. Very clean.
Some services lacking. Not needing to go into detail.
After staying in Athens and Madrid, this hotel needs a little push to make it excellent as it should be. Staff needs more direction, although they were very friendly.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello dymonicman and thank you for taking the time to share your review after your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
Thank you for your nice comments about the great service and the friendliness of the team.
However I would like to hear your thoughts on how we could improve we are always keen to become even better. Should you wish to discuss this further I would ask you to contact me directly. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Our stay started off on a sour note when we were told the price for our rooms were literally twice what we had been quoted. Thankfully my wife noticed and had a print out of our reservation. The hotel then fixed things but still. Twice the quoted price?

Our room was great, clean and spacious. But the best thing about the hotel is the location. It is in the middle of Dublin and we had an awesome time walking the whole city.

The only downside is that the walls are not very sound proof. Any time anyone had a phone ring or even had a normal conversation we were privy to it. Thankfully our neighbors were very quiet but this easily could have been a disaster.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Evertg
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Evertg
I want to thank you for posting your review of The Westin Dublin.
I am sorry to read that your visit started off on a sour note and I would like to apologise to you for that, however I am glad that the error was fixed straight away. I am happy to read that you were pleased with your room and that our fantastic location here in the centre of Dublin allowed you to explore the city.
Thanks again and all the best
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location and just perfect service. We really enjoyed it. The only downside was breakfast which wasn't included in our rate and we ordered eggs benedicte a la carte and they were just so so. There wasn't really a "kids program". There was just a list of activities to do in Dublin and that is it. It is very pricey for Ireland standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Brasil_Argentina
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Westin Dublin, it is very nice to read that you enjoyed excellent service while you stayed with us.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with our family friendly service please accept my apologies for this and assure you this does not reflect the usual standards of our hotel. Here in the Westin Dublin we love to have families to stay, and provide a full range of our family friendly services.
I hope to welcome you back to the Westin Dublin again in the future.
Slan agus Beannacht
Melbourne, Victoria
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a first class hotel located a short distance from Trinity College and all of the attractions of O'Connell and Grafton Streets.

Our room was spacious, extremely quiet and well provisioned and the large bathroom was just great for two women travelling.

The beds were soooooo comfortable and after our long trip were a joy to sink into.

Breakfast was one of the best we have had anywhere with a vast array of choices and great service.

We had dinner in the The Exchange Restaurant on a couple of occasions when we arrived back from our tours late in the day and didn't wish to go out again, the food was excellent and the wine list was well priced and reasonably extensive.

The Atrium Lounge was a welcome respite for a glass of Prosecco after a day's touring with its comfortable lounges and lovely decor and we had both a quick lunch and a late dinner in the Mint Bar.

However I think that one of best features of this lovely hotel is the staff; they are wonderful, helpful in the extreme, efficient and professional.

We had a total of nine days at the Westin in late May and early June and cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Pinky96

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your lovely review following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin. I am so delighted to hear that you both thoroughly enjoyed your visit and it's great that you had the chance to sample each of our dining outlets.

Again, many thanks for your positive feedback, I will be sharing this with the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Be Well,