“Perfect location to explore Dublin”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were surprised to find this Hotel after driving past it several times. Hotels in Ireland do not have large signs or street numbers as in North America. This place was worth the search. Stayed here our first and last night in Ireland. After Valet parking we walked around for two hours, Grafton Street, a pedestrian's haven. Tons of worthy pubs, restaurants and shops all within walking distance. St Stephens Park and Trinity college worth mentioning. Only had breakfast here both days. Great meal to start the day!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hi FrequentFlyer010
Thanks for your review of The Westin Dublin what a nice way to begin and finish your visit to Ireland. I am delighted that you enjoyed your start to the day in The Exchange restaurant and breakfast set you up to explore Dublin city centre.
We do look forward to welcoming you on your next visit from Nova Scotia

There are newer reviews for The Westin Dublin

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I've had several great stays at this hotel but this was the first time I've stayed with my 3 children (aged 5, 2 and 4 months). The staff were extremely accommodating, providing a cot, 2 airbeds, high-chair, change mat, kid's bath mat and toys! The kids in-room picnic was amazing with so much food served in a real picnic basket! We can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Hi dochogan
Thanks for your lovely words about The Westin Dublin after you and your family stayed with us. I am delighted that you were able to experience our family friendly stay, here at The Westin we really do appreciate that travelling with small ones can be difficult some times so we do everything we can to help everyone enjoy their stay with us. Its great to read that you all had a nice time and we look forward to your next visit with or without your family.
Thanks again

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel was a great comfort after a week of traveling throughout the country and staying in lovely, but older castles and manor houses. The Heavenly Bed was just the ticket for a great night's sleep. The staff is excellent and the location is outstanding - adjacent to Trinity College and Fleet Street. Excellent dining, touring and shopping options are within walking distance.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the internal atrium are the quietest.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Iam3 thanks for your lovely comments after your stay with us in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a refreshing nights sleep in our 'Heavenly Beds'. You are so right our location is very convenient for you to explore Dublin city centre, and then escape into The Westin to rest and rejuvinate.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed for one night before flying out on a long haul trip. The staff were, without exception, pleasant and helpful. I had a problem confirming my airport transfer and Lazlo on the concierge desk took control, made all the calls and sorted the problem out.

My room was upgraded to a 'library suite' and I was delighted with the split level and the spiral staircase. The comment I would make about the room is that there is, unusually, no telephone handset in the bathroom - inevitably, people called when I was 'indisposed'!

Sunday is not a great day to be wanting dinner in Dublin and it does not help that the main restaurant is closed on Sunday and Monday. The room service menu is better than either of the other dining options.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Hi SPGglobal
Thanks for your lovely comments after you nights stay with us in The Westin Dublin. I have passed on your comments on to Lazlo and he is delighted that he was able to help you. I am sorry you felt limited by the choice of places to eat, The Mint bar in the hotel is very nice for a bite to eat. CanI ask you the next time you stay with us to ask Lazlo or any of the concierge team about dining in Dublin, htey would be delighted to help you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the second I walked in, to the time I left I felt taken care of.
The friendliness of the staff was excellent.
The man who checked me in remembered my name the next day when he passed me in the hall which has never happened in all my years of staying in hotels.
The quality of the rooms were amazing and the food in the restaurant was some of the best I've ever had.
I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi LighteningMcQueen

I want to say thanks for your very nice comments after your stay with us inThe Westin Dublin. It is so good to read that the team were attentive to your needs wihile you stayed with us and you enjoyed that. I'm delighted that you enjoyed The Exchange restaurant.
Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit when I hope we will have the chance to personally look after you again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Right in the center of town it seems. Clearly an upscale property. Desk personnel were warm and attentive. The room was an upgrade - a suite with the bedroom space on the first level, and an office space up a spiral staircase. The bathroom was modern and clean - with a formal shower and tub. Even a towel rack to dry the towel after use - something I find surprisingly rarely in many hotels. Ample electric outlets too. Minor gripes - the coffee in the room was a truly mediocre brand - surprising for the quality of the property - But the real milk was a plus. Plus - the late night food menu is pretty minimal - late night eating is not a Dublin thing I've learned. And there were almost no trash cans - just one in the bathroom. However - these are minor - there was much to appreciate and I'd hope to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hello CCbostonma, thanks so much for your kind words after your stay with us in The Westin Dublin. You are so right we do have a fantastic location here in the city centre, and it is so convenient for visiting the city! It’s great to read that you were happy with your room.
I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with our late night menu. The next time you stay please let us know if there is anything you need and we will do our best to provide for your needs. If you have the time please do talk with our concierge team who have an encyclopaedic knowledge of dining out in Dublin.
Thanks again and we are looking forward to your next visit from Boston.
Be Well

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Dublin for four nights and the location is great. The double room that was allotted to us was very small with only one bedside table and not even a light on the other side of the bed. The next morning we complained and were moved into another room which was much better. In both rooms there were no hotel booklets indicating breakfast hours etc.... No slippers . The towels were slightly larger than a hand towel and although we were a couple only one shower gel was provided. The tissues were never replinished but two tissues were placed over the emply box each morning. In the mini bar there were no snacks. We have stayed in Starwood hotels all over the globe and this hotel left us disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure you view the room as some are so small.
3  Thank Josephinemata

Dear Joesphinemata
I want to thank you for your review of The Westin Dublin.
Nevertheless I am concerned about your comments about your stay. I am sorry that you were so unhappy with your room however I am glad that you felt happier when you moved rooms. I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper and she is most concerned that your bathroom amenities were not refreshed correctly and she is looking into the matter.
All our hotel information is listed on the television and you can access that under guest directory, and I am very sorry that you were not able to access this information.
If you would like to discuss these issues further I would ask you to please get in contact with me directly, thanks again.