“Excellent service.”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent service.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and bright. Shower was great. The concierge was friendly and eager to help. The doorman actually walked my mother across the street. Location is walking distance to many of the Dublin attractions as well as the tram. Would stay here again when in Dublin.

• Stayed May 2013
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear 28970Parapetetic
Thanks for writing such a lovely review of The Westin Dublin.

I am really delighted that your stay was enjoyable while you and your Mother visited us from Washington.
You are right our location is so convenient for sightseeing in Dublin! I am looking forward to your next visit.
Slan agus beannacht
Kind regards
Fred Smits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Westin hotel is very good located. U r juist minutes away from big shoppingmalls, museums, Trinity College. Amazing St. Stephen Greens park is couple of minutes away and u can take from there the tourbus. In the hotel u can have a great breakfast, lunch en dinner. Rooms are goed sized and bathroom is big, we had room on the 4th floor. Hotel staff is very vriendly and kind and always glad to help u. Hotel is located in very beatiful building. Next time I am in Dublin I would only stay in The Westin hotel.

Room Tip: Room on 4th floor have big bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Sevinje
Thanks for your lovely comments after your visit with us in The Westin Dublin. It is lovely that you enjoyed your trip to Dublin and The Westin is a great place to do that from we are right in the centre of everything.
I am delighted that the team looked after you and helped you to enjoy you stay with us. I look forward to your next visit.
Thank you again for your nice words.
Be well
Massachusetts
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Location beats any other hotel. Closed to Grafton St, and Temple Bar area as well as museums and other attractions. Great restaurants, small and larger sizes to pick and choose.

Room are nice, comfortable but it depends where you are located. You could have street or wall view. Noise can be an issue. Amenities are a hit or miss. Coffee supply could me missing sugar one day or dairy the next and there is a bit of a wait when you call for replenishment.

The customer service could certainly improve, it can be somber, somewhat mechanic.

I went on the bus tour and have to say that I love it. Very informative and the driver was very funny.

Shopping and night life was good and at the bars is where you find the locals and the true Irish wit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello CitizenoftheAir

Thanks for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
However I am sorry that you were unhappy with your room choice, I would ask you to please let us know the next time you visit us what your preferences are and we will do our utmost to accommodate your needs. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit from Massachusetts and I hope that you will give us another chance to look after you here the next time you visit Dublin.
If you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be delighted to speak with you.
England
Reviewed May 10, 2013

If there was a rating for just 'good' I would use it for the Westin. It has a lot going for it - the position is excellent and the staff are generally friendly and responsive, albeit with the feel of large corporate customer service training. The (deluxe 5th floor) room was a good size and the Mint bar - and Michael in particular - was a great, if pricey, experience.
I think a combination of high expectations and a series of small niggles just knocked the shine off: I am sure the website said all deluxe rooms had a street view, but this one looked out on an internal wall, not even the atrium, and did not appear to have opening windows; there were no milks with the tea and coffee making facilities and it took 2 calls to reception and a gap of 2-3 hours before these were delivered; I took the eco/green option at check-in but this seemed to mean that nothing was stocked up throughout my stay, so I had to call reception each time for teabags etc; and so on.
Given its position in the City, this hotel should be a knockout, and I think with a bit more luck it would easily warrant a 4th star, but the smaller chains are just getting these things right first time these days so I cannot bring myself to recommend the Westin.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hello Inspector17
Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
Thank you for your nice comments about Michael in The Mint bar I am glad that you enjoyed some down time there. I am also happy to read that you were pleased with your room.
However I am sorry that you were unhappy with the green choice experience. I have discussed this with our executive house keeper and we believe that perhaps we need to review how the service is explained to our guests. I agree with you it is the small things that leave us feeling looked after, you should not have had to wait for two hours for tea bags and coffee to be replenished to your room. I can only apologise to you again.
Should you wish to discuss this further I would ask you to contact me directly. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Westin Dublin was one of the most enjoyable properties we've stayed at in a while. Its location seems to be its big selling point, just a literal stone's throw from Trinit College, Grafton St. and the Temple Bar area. Also the museums and libraries. For anyone literary-minded, the Chester Beatty Manuscript Museum in easy walking distance is a must-see.

The amenities at the Westin were top-notch: the Atrium for afternoon tea, the Exchange for wonderful breakfasts, the Mint Bar for light supper and drinks.

The rooms are all recently renovated and the staff fall all over themselves trying to please. Fromreception to concierge, to Peter at the front door.

There is internet on the room TV and free use of the business center 24 hours a day.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else on my next trip to Dublin.

Room Tip: All the rooms (I believe) are good. The 4th floor was the last floor to be renovated and that was i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello Joe G
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Westin Dublin, It is so nice to receive such kind comments such as yours. The Westin is a fantastic place to stay when you are exploring Dublin city.
I have passed your lovely comments on to the team especially Peter who is such an asset to the team. I hope we will see you the next time you visit Dublin from South Carolina and we look forward to your visit!
Slan agus Beannacht
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. I usually opt for the Shelbourne, but it was full. The Westin was better in a few ways. The room, although smaller, appeared fresher (probably due to the colours used) and I thought that the quality of the food at breakfast was superior (but wasn't included in my rate). My room overlooked Trinity College and from the third floor the traffic was barely audible.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello sdwoo
I am very happy that we were able to look after you and you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you're heading to Dublin - Don't look further than the Westin.

This place is in the perfect place for exploring Dublin. Walking distance to everything and right next to Trinity college, Temple Bar in central London.

The Airobus (the blue one) from the airport stops right near the front door so its a breeze to get in from the airport.

Rooms are great! Nice and big and clean, and the bathrooms are sensational. I reckon that a way to tell a good hotel is by the quality of the shower!! This place is tops! Sensational shower!

Staff were great, check in a breeze, they stored out bags before checkin and after checkout too.

For a cool place for a drink - check out the mint bar in the old bank vaults down stairs.

Had a great stay here - would return without a doubt!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your kind words about the team here in The Westin Dublin! We do have a fantastic location here in the city centre, and it is so convenient for visiting the city! It’s great to read that you felt refreshed after your visit with us.
Thanks again and we are looking forward to your next visit from The UK.