“Location and beds!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Location and beds!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I had read the reviews about the Westin, the few negative ones as well, and was curious what it would turn out to be. Well, I can honoustly say the Westin was a wonderfull experience! Location: hard to beat. Staff: very friendly and helpfull. And the beds, ahhh those wonderfull beds!!! We were in the Mint bar in the basement as well, and I had read a review complaining about the staff there. All I can say is that they were working hard and were friendly, no complaints whatsoever. There was free Wifi, in the lobby and restaurants but on my room as well. And it was quick enough.
Is it worth the money? Well, in my opinion, Dublin as a city is overpriced, but that goes for pretty much anything. But all in all the Dublin Westin was one of my more pleasant experiences as a hotelguest.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Bart v

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

It is such a pleasure to hear that you were happy with your stay and you enjoyed your nights rest in our ‘Heavenly Beds’. I am delighted that the team in The Mint looked after you when you visited the bar.
I do look forward to welcoming you again to The Westin Dublin.
Kind regards,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel exudes comfort and serenity. Although the Westin is located in the centre of Dublin, it is imbued with great calm and peacefulness. I stayed here for about six nights in February at a room rate of Euro 145 a night. My deluxe room was located on the fourth floor and it boasted a great view over the rooftops of Trinity College and down the full length of Pearse Street. I slept like a dream there, cocooned in the large bed by the all-enveloping mattress and sheets which are designed to make life luxurious for weary travellers. Not being the slimmest person in the world, I was also impressed by the large bright bathroom with its capacious bath and separate shower with high-powered jets of water which woke me up rapidly in the mornings.

Despite negative murmurings in an earlier Tripadvisor review about the breakfasts, I could not fault them. I thought the Irish breakfast was excellent. (I suspect that some American travellers are simply not used to "full on" Irish breakfasts and this is why they are critical of them). And the coffee arrives at your table freshly brewed together with the freshest of orange juices. And for those guests who are not receptive to Irish breakfasts, there is a great selection of fruits, cheeses, meats and fish which will sate your collective appetites for food. The breakfast room itself is a congenial and aesthetically pleasing place, where many of the business guests take the opportunity to unwind by having lighthearted conversations with their colleagues before facing the challenges of the working day.

For casual dining, there are two great locations in this hotel. The Atrium lounge which serves a selection of sandwiches and soups as well as great afternoon teas. It is difficult to beat the ambience of this location on a cold winter's afternoon when the rain lashes the glass roof overhead and you can take solace in the comfort of the armchairs situated just beside the warmth of a roaring fire. The Mint Bar, which is located in the basement of the hotel, serves a selection of tasty meat and fish dishes. When I ordered a gin and tonic there, the man in charge of the place talked me out of ordering Schweppes to mix with my Hendrix gin, introducing me instead to a couple of new herb-based tonics which have just been introduced to the market. I am grateful to him insofar as both of the new drinks (which I tried in separate G &Ts) added a huge zing to my Hendrix gin.

I liked this hotel so much I have booked another week's stay there in early April.

Room Tip: Worth spending an additional Euro 15-25 for a deluxe room with panoramic views of Dublin streetscape...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear insightful
I appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I will be glad to pass your comments, on to our team here which will be very well received.
I am delighted that you felt refreshed and rejuvenated after your rest in our ‘Heavenly beds’. It is lovely to read your description of The Atrium it is truly an inspirational haven of in the centre of Dublin city.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to your visit with us at The Westin Dublin in April.

Kind Regards
General Manger
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Dublin at the end of February 2013. The room with two single beds was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was large and accommodating and included both a shower and large bath tub - a plus! We arrived much earlier than our check-in and although our room was not yet ready, reception happily held on to our bags and had them waiting in our room when we returned from sightseeing. The staff was extremely helpful throughout our stay!

If the staff and accommodation were excellent, the location was amazing. The Westin is situated right next to to Temple Bar, Dame Street, O'Connell Street and Trinity College. Everything that we wanted to see or do was in close walking distance. Museums, historical sites, restaurants, pubs, live music, shopping, and ATMs were all nearby - even the sightseeing tour buses met close by in the mornings. Amazingly, the Westin was always quiet and peaceful inside despite its central location!

We would definitely suggest the Westin Dublin as a great place to relax and enjoy the great city of Dublin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank happytraveler1902
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear happytraveler1902

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you could access all the attractions at your own ease. We are very lucky with our location and I am dleighted you enjoyed the calm oasis of The Westin Dublin in the centre of Dublin city.

We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Dublin.

Kind regards,
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and it just got better and better particularly the
Staff, who could not do enough for us to make us feel welcome and it was done and delivered in such a genuine caring way that we marked this up as a hotel we would definitely return to in the future.

Room Tip: We wanted to be able to have a view of Dublin City an we were not disappointed - despite the fact we...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear AnnaghLondon

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests.

I am delighted to be reading your review at this time and to hear that the team helped make your stay a memorable one.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

What's great about this place is first, the staff and then the fact it is in a cute original georgian building, which is very cosy and then of course the location. They have that featured glass atrium like so many of theirs do, although the one in Paris is hard to beat....Anyway beautifully appointed rooms, zero tolerance for smoking and if you get a room overlooking College green even better..
Very handy for the bus to the airport also which is right across the street.
Afternoon tea with the music in the salon is lovely too especially when its pouring outside, fir lit, scones and tea and a lovely wine list too

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the street as the windows open,,....esp if you are there during marathon or...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NikkiMMiami Beach
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear NikkiMMiami Beach

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts after your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am delighted your accommodations suited you and you were afforded some time to enjoy some of the features of our 19th Century listed building. We are so lucky with the fantastic Atrium a calm oasis for afternoon tea in Dublin city centre.
Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin.
Kind regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Great location and so much character!
Love the live music on the weekends coming from the Mint bar, creates an excellent atmosphere in the reception area.
Staff very friendly.
Temple Bar 5 minwalk, excellent Thai resto just accross the street.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear PatKavLux

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed The Mint bar and you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.

Best Regards
Andrew Henning,
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Westin Dublin is a perfect location. In fact it is in the most ideal location in Dublin. Yards from Temple Bar and Trinity College and only a couple of blocks to Grafton Street, the Liffey and O'Connell St.
The hotel is a beautiful conversion from a georgian bank. Well done and somehow done so well it is now has a warm atmosphere. Front desk staff are well trained and friendly. The housekeeping staff is really outstanding.
I only gave it a 4 because of the food standard. One day I had the full Irish breakfast. It was a fairly sad steam table affair. Another, a continental breakfast, was some cereal and fruit but ruined by stale bread, croissants and probably the worst waffle I have ever tried.
The bar in the basement is very pleasant and serves serviceable sandwiches etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear mlk1
I am glad you enjoyed the features of our 19th Century listed building. I am delighted to read your comments about our front office staff and our housekeeping team.
However I am very sorry to read that you were unhappy with the quality of food in the restaurant. This is not the standard we aspire to and I have passed your comments on to our restaurant manager.
Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back again to the Westin Dublin.
Kind regards