“Excellent Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were in Dublin for the Ireland v England rugby match and stayed here for 3 nights. We were meeting friends for drinks and dinner elsewhere in the city and found this location was really good to walk to anywhere. We were lucky to be given an upgraded room when we arrived and found ourselves in a rather large suite with good views which was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoSaint51
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear JoSaints51

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in The Westin Dublin.
I am delighted that you and your husband enjoyed the rugby and found the location convenient for the match.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Westin was a great experience. The room (131) is a bit on the small and dark side for a 5 star, but very nice and just perfect for a weekend stay.
The bed was amazing. You can feel that good money has been spent on them.
My only complaint (which isn't really a complaint) is that the bathroom floor was really cold, so the hotel should consider adding an extra mat to the bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main street (College Green), because it's a noicy street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissPiaDK
Dear MissPiaDK
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us and that you enjoyed our ‘Heavenly beds’ and got a renewing nights rest.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Exchange Restaurant, Atrium and Mint Bar have excellent menus, amazing cocktails and best of all are totally accessible . All staff I have met in the Westin are most helpful and demonstrate service with a smile. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the pleasure of staying overnight ....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AineD16
Dear AineD16
Thank you for taking the time to posting your review of The Westin Dublin.
I am happy to be reading the kind comments in your review and I am very happy that you enjoyed your visits to The Mint bar and The Exchange restaurant.
I do look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

After spending one night in the Harding Hotel(I booked a budget friendly trip to Ireland with Rick Steves guidebook recommendations), my mother, 3 aunts and I decided to change hotels due to terrible, terrible beds. This was a first ever travel situation for us. Luckily, the Westin Dublin had availability and we moved in for the last week of the trip. Of course, this was an increase in travel expense and an exchange of charm for a chain, but it was so worth it. And due to the hurricane in New York(Oct 2012), our stay was extended 5 days and it was nice to be at the Westin.

This hotel is beautiful and everything one would expect from a Westin. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed tea each evening in the atrium, a really nice retreat after a day filled with touring. The Westin is centrally located to everything, a walk to most of the sights and inexpensive taxi fares to all of the others. Next time I go to Dublin, there is no doubt, I will stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear pugnamedsofi

Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you, your Mother and your Aunts found our location convenient. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the calm of the Atrium after your sight-seeing in Dublin.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in February 2013 a lovely hotel, room only basis, breakfast expensive at 19.50 euro so passed on that. Subway across street. Exchange restaurant food was very good, but like all over temple bar area drinks were very expensive. Basic bottle of sauvignon was 27.50 euro! All things considered and as it was my birthday they left a plate with 2 pieces of cake and happy birthday card and happy birthday written in chocolate on the plate! Nice touch.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Dealer205

I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Top notch hotel with every amenity in a perfect location. Right across the street from the mouth of Temple Bar, moments from the O'Connell Bridge crossing the Liffey to the North and Trinity College to the South and Grafton Street beyond that. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was large but faced Westmoreland Street and Temple Bar. The view was great, but I was conce...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MichaelCasarez

Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you found our location convenient. I am pleased that you had a renewing nights rest and we hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend the Hotel is perfectly located for shopping. The staff were very attentive and helpful and concierge were extremely efficient and knowledgable. Best pillows in Ireland. Hope to be back at Easter.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Angco 72
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is fantastic to read such a positive review of The Westin Dublin.
We are very lucky with our location in the centre of Dublin and I am glad that you were able to benefit from that. I am happy that you left us refreshed after your stay.
Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back again to the Westin Dublin.
Kind regards