“Nice hotel.”

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Nice hotel.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, good location, staff nice, food nice in the hotel, breakfast yummy. Only fault towels are not big enough, hand towels tand bath towels are tiny. Air con/heating must get turned on at 6am every morning in the hotel, stayed two nights and both mornings this work us.

• Stayed January 2013
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Sharon 1857
Thank you for your response and the time you have taken to do so.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us in The Westin Dublin and the team looked after you.
However I am sorry that the air conditioning disturbed your rest and woke you at 6.00am. I have spoken with our housekeeping team and it is something we are looking into.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.
Kind regards
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent experience, superb customer service. Staff were so helpful. Dinner at the exchange restaurant was delicious. Would def recommend. Beautiful hotel and rooms are very comfortable! Centrally located, close to everything.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank vhurhangee
Dear vhurhangee

Thank you for taking the time to posting your lovely review of The Westin Dublin, I am happy to be reading the kind comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our central location and that you enjoyed your experience in The Exchange restaurant.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards
The Netherlands
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My expectations for this hotel were based on review readings & many stays in Westin hotels, however I remain perplexed as to the hotel management decisions.
The music from the downstairs bar/disco/band is completely open to the hotel foyer & beautiful atrium lounge & upon inspection/ visit was more like a cheap bar/disco with questionable guests! The noise was awful throughout the hotel both Thursday & Friday until the early hours of the morning - even in our hotel room! The comings and goings of questionably attired visitors is a far cry from a 5* Westin hotel - a visit to the ladies was memorable! My husband was shocked at the language and clothing both in the hotels restaurant, lobby and bar. The only sanctuary for hotel guests was the atrium lobby upstairs although the music could still be heard! I was somewhat surprised to find my husband waiting outside the ladies here - my safety being his concern! The atrium glass ceiling was leaking onto very slippery marble flooring adjacent to the fireplace ( known to the staff apparently). I feel Gin & Tonic nights etc in order to make as much money as possible ruin the reputation of this hotel and undermine excellent staff.

Room Tip: Excellent staff, great location however noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laura M
Dear Laura M

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

I am very sorry for the poor experience you had during your time here and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies.
I am so sorry to read that you did not experience a restful stay with us and you were disturbed by an event being held in the hotel. Your comments have been passed to the bar manager and I know that you are in correspondence with our front office team and the manager there is speaking with you.

However I would ask you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss these issues further.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me so that we can discuss things further.

Kind regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am a business travel and I stay in several dozen different hotels each year. The Westin Dublin is my favorite hotel in the world, bar none. It is elegant, sophisticated, and stylish, preserving the boutique feeling of it's Georgian heritage complemented alongside the exceptional service that you expect from the Westin brand. Every room in the hotel is different, with views of Trinity College or the spectacular city centre right on your doorstep. The suites are a particular treat - some are bi-level and have indescribable views. The food is standard Westin fare (delicious as always) and the service really is first class - Irish hospitality with an international reputation for excellence.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Moira S
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Moria S
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is fantastic to read such a positive review which will be well received by all our team here.
I am very happy to read that you rate us so highly, your comments are so kind and it is words like yours that make all our hard work worthwhile.
Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back again to the Westin Dublin.
Kind regards
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is perfect for a stay during your business trip. When you arrive at this hotel you are always well received by the front desk. Rooms are excellent, well equipped. As a Spg platinum member they mostly grade you up to a jun.- or suite. If you just want to do some shopping after work or have a nice dinner in the city the location is great. Also you do not to wait for a taxi always available and public transport is in front of the Hotel. Again if you need to be only for business in the city this is perfect place to be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Rossi R
It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear you enjoy your business trips when you stay with us, we are very lucky with our location and I am happy you are able to avail of that.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.
Kindest regards
ontheroadagn7
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We checked into two rooms at the Westin Dublin in late December before the Christmas holiday. My son's suitcase was lost by AerLingus. He was given a claim form and a website to check and a phone number to call. I could have easily spent the rest of the afternoon trying to get to the bottom of it, but we planned to see some sights. I took the claim form to the Westin Concierge and he made a photocopy of the form and said he would look it up online and also try to reach them on the phone. While we didn't get the bag until three days later (guess that's a story for another review...) I was impressed with their willingness to help out and to follow up on the issue.

The rest of the staff was great and the location (right next to Trinity and a short walk from Grafton Street and Temple Bar) was outstanding. The hotel had some very festive decorations too.

We had two rooms, one overlooking the atrium and one overlooking Trinity. As we were only there one night, the atrium room view didn't bother us, but if you're there for an extended time (or time of year when it is lighter later) you may want to go for an exterior view.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear ontheroadagn7
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us and that you were able to benefit from our fantastic location during your stay.
I am very happy that the concierge team were able to help you with your difficulty when your son’s luggage was missing.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards
London, England
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Lovely rooms & great location. Nothing was too much trouble for the fabulous concierges Ross & Ahmed. We particularly like that Ross demonstrated his passion for juggling for us!
The only snag was that the trainee concierge messed up a restaurant reservation so we ended up waiting for an hour to eat.
Otherwise, as very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Stay higher than the 1st floor, as we could hear a little noise from the club downstairs...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Franksie81

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is such a pleasure to hear that Ahmed and Ross from concierge went above and beyond and delivered service that exceeded your expectations. They are such an asset to our hotel. I will be sure to pass you kind comments on to them.
However I am sorry that there was a mix-up with your restaurant and I have passed on your comments to our head Concierge who is looking into the matter.
I do look forward to welcoming you again to The Westin Dublin.
Kind regards,