“Great Boutique Hotel with Old World Charm”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Check in was warm and quick. The hotel has done a brilliant job combining the old and new to make a terrific experience. My room had an amazing balcony with a terrific view. The room had beautiful furnishings, a well thought out bathroom and of course the heavenly bed. Definitely will use them again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear skeil7

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.I am delighted that you were happy with your accommodations and I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

My friend and l called into the above hotel yest evening around 6.30pm for a quick drink while I was waiting for the coach home to limerick.we approached the bar and was greeted by a young friendly barman with a happy disposition.he served us our drinks and complementary bites.shortly thereafter my friend got a fit of coughing from swollowing a nut to fast.our friendly barman seeing my friend in distress rushed to get her a glass of water when I asked him.i can see our barman going a long way in the industry with the right attitude.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mondw

Dear Mondw

Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of The Mint Bar in The Westin Dublin.

It is such a pleasure to hear that the team in The Mint went above and beyond and delivered service that exceeded your expectations. I will make sure to pass your comments to the team.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Westin is a well located very comfortable smallish 5 star hotel in Dublin. The room was great, plenty of space to move around and put stuff. The beds at all the Westin's I have stayed in have been great. This one was no exception.

The staff were good and friendly, well presented and helpful.

The location is great, right next to Temple Bar and close to O'Connell street.

Breakfasts were good and filling, however I did not have any other meals there so cannot comment on those. There are too many options nearby to eat at.

Overall I greatly enjoyed my visit to Dublin. First time there in 25 years. My stay at the Westin made it all the more memorable.

1  Thank Kiwi_acct
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Kiwi_acct

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin for the first time in 25 years. I am pleased to read that you were well received by our team when you stayed with us and I am glad that you were happy with your accommodations during your stay.
I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The only problem with the Westin is that the beds are so comfortable you will not want to get up! Girlfriend and I spent two fabulous nights here - it is just perfect. Staff are super friendly, lobby decor was just gorgeous, and our room was wonderful - we could people watch all night. Location is just great - walked to the Irish Film Institute the first night and took in a play at The Gate the second night. We'll be back again....and again.

Room Tip: Upgraded to a deluxe twin room - plenty of space for my friend and I to spread out.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Joan S

Thank you dearly for the response you have posted and the time you have taken to do so. I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us in the Westin Dublin. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests. I am happy to hear that the team were able to look after you and you were able to rest and rejuvenate and enjoy our ‘Heavenly Beds’.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Got upgraded to a wonderful suite, notwithstanding some construction work in the parking garage and not having booked a spot they accommodated my rental car, very courteous staff, good breakfast.
The place is kind of homely.
The Spa and Gym are currently being rebuilt.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear fritzmoedinger

Thank you for your response and the time you have taken to do so.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in The Westin Dublin and that you were well received by the team here.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.
Yours sincerely,
Andrew Henning,

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We spent our final night in Dublin at the Westin. We were all impressed . .only negative is that the room was really warm. Otherwise it was perfect. Recently renovated and looks awesome. Plus the location is incredible .. two blocks and right in Temple Bar! My parents had dinner and said it was great and we all agreed that it was the best breakfast of our week long trip to Ireland.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view if you can get it.
1  Thank ccctravels

Dear ccctravels
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments.
I am very happy to be reading your lovely comments after your stay with us. I am glad that you were pleased with your newly renovated room and wereaq bel to enjoy a .
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to The Westin Dublin again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were especially pleased with the Westin having stayed at two other properties on previous visits to Dublin. The location was fantastic and couldn't be beat. The hotel was also decorated for the Christmas holidays which made it even more charming. The bellman was especially friendly and I looked forward to seeing him every morning. Our room was spacious and quite lovely and the bed was very comfortable. The only minor issue is that we were able to hear the "sexy time" noises from the people staying in the room next door. Their bed springs were comically noisy and need a serious greasing. All in all, I can't wait to go back to the Westin!

Dear funcha
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
We are very lucky with our central location I am glad you were able to enjoy that. I am happy the team looked after you during your stay. I am delighted to read that you were able to rest and rejuvenate you stayed with us.
I hope to welcome you to The Westin Dublin again.
Kind regards