“Overpriced”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Overpriced”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Firstly the location is excellent ,I should know I live in Dublin ,the entrance and lobby is very non descript ,featureless.the rooms are ok clean and a standard you'd expect from a five star hotel.Bar very expensive,ordered breakfast was an extra 40 euro all in all for one night with two drinks and breakfast 280euro ,a lot better value to be had out there and better quality I feel ,but for location great.

• Stayed November 2012
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear danield 150769
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am disappointed to read that you were not completely happy with your stay while you were with us. Our breakfast menu has many items that you could enjoy; the continental breakfast buffet is €14.50 and A La Carte menu options start from €9.00. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with the breakfast; I do believe we offer excellent value and our prices are very competitive compared to other five star hotels in Dublin.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Westin Dublin soon.
Kind regards
Andrew Henning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was treated to A very Peculiar Afternoon Tea on Saturday afternoon at The Westin. A Victorian Mojito served in a beautiful china teapot (Hendrix Gin) The food arrived on 3 black slates balanced on a stainless steel frame, which looked amazing! Prawn cheek on a silver spoon in Stilton Aioli, Prawns in a Charcoal Cone, Spiced Roast Beef Wrap, Oak Smoked Salmon with Caviar Cream a wicked Black Olive Tepenade with Goats Cheese, Walnut & Banana Bread, Tarragon Cookie with White Chocolate & Lime Ganache, Popping Marshmallows, Fragipane Tart, Toffee Popcorn Crumble & a Chocolate & Sea Salt Brownie. The flavours were stunning! I could talk about this for day's! Service immaculate, surroundings in the Atrium second to none. If you want to impress someone this year or anytime this is the one. Amazeballs!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Avril P
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear snoopy036

It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience, and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team in The Atrium.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.

Kindest regards
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 24, 2012

A nice hotel centrally located but the rooms were quiet. The bedroom was a good size (and the bathroom had a great shower) and had everything you'd expect other than free wifi. 15 EUR for 24 hours.

If you step outside the hotel there is free Wifi all around and not sure why a supposedly good hotel could not provide the same.

I found it unusual that housekeeping didn't replace the shampoo & shower gel bottles but turned them upside down. The shampoo was terrible and left my hair in a mess (and my hair is not fussy about products normally) so if I go to a Westin again I would bring shampoo with me. With the limitations on liquids on flights the toiletries provided by hotels has become more important and they are often poor quality. I don't know why hotels don't just get Dove or similar brands and offer those.

Mint Bar had well trained staff who made a great cocktail. Food was so-so

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Myself and a few work friends recently enjoyed a lovley night in the company of Cary Posavitz and his band in the Mint Bar. The music was excellent and it made for a most enjoyable night! I would recommend it as a nice night out to enjoy great music in a lovely venue!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MM0710

Thank you very much for the response you have posted and the time you have taken to do so.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your night out in The Mint bar; the Gin and Jazz is an entertaining night and the ginspritional cocktails are enjoyed by all!
I do hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My room was beautiful and even though I had a window looking down into an interior banquet hall where a wedding or some event was taking place, I couldn't hear any noise. The hotel's location is great. It is right beside Trinity College and a very short walk to the Temple Bar area and Grafton Street for shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear cr1ms0n

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Consistent Westin experience at a great location in the heart of a wonderful city. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Five minutes walk to Trinity College and right next to Temple Bar. They hotel allowed us to check in early which was greatly appreciated coming from the USA with a 2 year old who hadn't slept on the flight. Room service was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear LAS2012910

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. We are very lucky with our central location and I am glad you were able to benefit from that. I am happy the team were able to accommodate you with an early check-in.
I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards
Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Your best location in Dublin for a Luxury Hotel. You are in front of the Temple bar and the University. Every buss stop in the fron of the hotel. The staff is London friendly. If you speak Spanish, look for the staff tha comes from Spain, you are going to have a blast with all of them. Room are spacious (not the clasic small european room). We arrive early morning and they were very diligent to acomodate us. Nightime walking around the hotel is a must. My only other choice is staying in a castle.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Drmelendez

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and the team helped you enjoy your time with us.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,