“Good location lovely room”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Good location lovely room”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a writers room, lovely spacious room, quiet and very well equipped and spotless. Not to mention the fabulous beds! Staff friendly,helpful, and a relaxed feeling to the hotel. It is in an excellent location. This was a leisure trip but I travel a lot with work and its nice to find a hotel that gets everything right. Will certainly return & would recommend to anyone visiting Dublin.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Sarah B
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Sarah B

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you were well received by our team when you stayed with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your accommodations during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is a warm and welcoming, situated right smack in the centre of Dublin a few hundred yards into the southside. The fact that this was originally a bank gives it a unique history and some amazing architecture. The centre if the hotel is an open atrium with cosy seating around the balcony where you can sit and read while people watching. If you get a chance to see the great hall you will marvel at the ceiling and the architecture in this wonderful venue for functions.
Staff are warm and helpful as befits the Westin brand.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Tony B
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
We are very lucky with our central location and I am glad you the team looked after you during your stay. I am delighted to read that you were able to rest and rejuvenate you stayed with us.
I hope to welcome you to The Westin Dublin again.
Kind regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Westin was a lovely hotel, excellent staff, centrally located in Dublin. You could pretty much walk to anything, and the tourist center and hop/on hop off bus is only a few blocks away. It is accross the street from Trinity College. It is an easy walk to Temple Bar. Rooms were lovely and very comfortable. Would definately reccomend to those staying in the city, and I will definately stay there again if going to Dublin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Cdg4224

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kenmore, WA
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We spent the first four nights (Sept 11-15) of our first trip to Ireland - UK at the Westin Dublin and enjoyed every minute. Both my husband and I were very comfortable and would definitely go back. The location was perfect - close to Trinity College, the nightlife of Temple Bar, the genealogy resources at the National Library of Ireland, historic walking tours of Dublin, and the many stops of the Hop On Hop Off buses for expanded sightseeing.

We stayed on the SPG floor with a great view of all the activity on the street level but were high enough not to be bothered by noise and were able to see some of the historic buildings in the immediate area and distance.

The rooms were very nicely appointed with good lighting, plenty of space to store your luggage and clothes and well positioned mirrrors for enhancing the daylight into the room. The beds were very comfortable which was especially nice after a full day of walking and sightseeing. The bathroom was well appointed with a great soaking tub and separate shower with plenty of hot water as well as good lighting. The television was also big enough and positioned properly for viewing from a variety of angles.

The service upon check-in at the front desk was excellent and all our requests were met, including extending our stay one night on a very busy weekend without having to move rooms. The concierge helped direct us to some specific locations we were interested in visiting. If we had any requests someone would come to the room very quickly to make sure we had what we needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GammaSue
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear GammaSue
I appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I will be glad to pass your comments, both motivational and encouraging to our team here which will be very well received.
I am delighted that we were able to help you enjoy your trip in Ireland and the UK and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin, Dublin soon.
Kind Regards
General Manger
Weilerbach, Germany
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is located in such an excellent spot, which made me so extremely happy. The reception desk is stunning! The reception clerk gave my children, ages 3 and 8 months, two little gift bags which made us smile. We proceeded to our room and was pleasantly surprised at the side. We had a Deluxe Twin with an extra bed and baby cot, but still had plenty of room. The bathroom was brilliant! Large with both a bathtub and a shower. This hotel really put consideration into a family visiting. There was an alligator tub mat, choices of baby soap, sponges, and small towels for each of them. Another great thing was that they gave us a folder that contained information with recommendations for families visiting Dublin, several of which we did! The beds are definitely heavenly. My husband was excited about the HDMI and USB ports that the room which connects to the tv. He also liked the safe in the closet. Something that I thoroughly enjoyed, which definitely doesn't happen often in European hotels is that it had an iron and iron board with hand towels (this is freaking AWESOME!!!). Breakfast was included in our room price and we were very grateful. There was a great variety for all of us. We loved our waiter...I think his name was Paulo (he's tall and thin from Venice, Italy). He and the greeter were so thoughtful. We were there for 6 days and 5 nights, so we were blessed to have them the first 3 or 4 days and someone else the last days. We were not as happy with them.

Now to the only thing that I can say bad about the hotel is that it has thin walls, doors, and windows. We were in room 239, so we could hear a lot of the street noise especially the sirens...oh my goodness the sirens. All times of the night. Second was the doors. The bathroom doors had to be pulled shut which was loud and the door into the room was heavy so it would slam shut again very loud. I tried several times to catch it before it shut but it was too late, which means I know our neighbors were annoyed as we were with them. Another bad thing was our air conditioner. It seemed that around 2am to 4-430am it would shut off to fan only. I woke up at this time every night sweating...annoying. Last were he lights. (something small but big when you have children). There is one main switch for the lights. You can switch off all of the lights in the room, but not the hallway lights. So when I wanted my 8 month to go to sleep in her baby cot I would have to turn off all of the lights which left my 3 year old bored. It made for long nights for us.

Now

Room Tip: I would say may be select a room higher up to get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear BRJean
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us. I am happy to read that the team helped you enjoy your stay as a family, as you were able to discover we have a large range of child friendly extras that help your visit as a family go more smoothly.
However I am sorry to read that you found your room noisy, I would like to apologise that your experience on this occasion was not five star and I will be addressing the highlighted issues with my management team.

Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards
Andrew Henning,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Greatly enjoyed our stay at the Westin Dublin.

First off let me say that the location alone is worth staying here. Add on top of it a clean comfortable room, great staff and best of all, a SPG property where you can earn and redeem points, even better! Actually, the whole reason I picked the Westin was based on them being part of Starwood.

Checkin was quick and easy and the bellman/doorman/evening concierge was terrific. I forget the gentleman's name, but he greatly took care of us during our stay and always had a list of suggestions of places to go and see based on what we had done that day.

I know I have said it before, but the location of the hotel was perfect. it was across from Temple Bar and a block away from Trinity College. The hop-on/hop-off tour bus picked up either a block away in front of Trinity College or across the street at Temple Bar. One thing I wish I had known ahead of time was the airport bus also drops off fairly close to the hotel as well. (Next to Trinity College) So if your trying to save some $$ or € €, take the bus to and from the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MrInternational702

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to be reading your comments; it is kind words like yours that make our hard work worthwhile. We are very lucky with our location and I am glad that our concierge team helped you to explore Dublin.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Best regards,
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Our flight into Dublin arrived at 7:00am and after arriving to this hotel, we were greeted with a warm welcome and told our room was available. However, we wanted to upgrade to a room with a window to the outside so unfortunately we wouldn't be able to check in. No problem though, they stored our luggage and we were on our way to explore Dublin. We went back to the hotel later in the afternoon and checked in and found the staff had already taken our luggage to our room. Our room was really nice. With a view of the street. This hotel is located very close to the Temple Bar area. The bathroom is spacious. The heavenly bed was a delight after a long day of traveling and exploring. After seeing how the standard rooms face inward, I was glad we chose to upgrade. Everything was clean and staff very helpful. Breakfast was included in our stay and consisted of hot and cold items. Good coffee and food. Overall, this was a great start to our vacation and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear luv2travel074

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you were well received by our team when you stayed with us. I am happy that you were able to rest and rejuvenate and enjoyed our ‘Heavenly beds’ and you were happy with your accommodations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.