“Excellent location with amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent location with amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Greatly enjoyed our stay at the Westin Dublin.

First off let me say that the location alone is worth staying here. Add on top of it a clean comfortable room, great staff and best of all, a SPG property where you can earn and redeem points, even better! Actually, the whole reason I picked the Westin was based on them being part of Starwood.

Checkin was quick and easy and the bellman/doorman/evening concierge was terrific. I forget the gentleman's name, but he greatly took care of us during our stay and always had a list of suggestions of places to go and see based on what we had done that day.

I know I have said it before, but the location of the hotel was perfect. it was across from Temple Bar and a block away from Trinity College. The hop-on/hop-off tour bus picked up either a block away in front of Trinity College or across the street at Temple Bar. One thing I wish I had known ahead of time was the airport bus also drops off fairly close to the hotel as well. (Next to Trinity College) So if your trying to save some $$ or € €, take the bus to and from the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear MrInternational702

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to be reading your comments; it is kind words like yours that make our hard work worthwhile. We are very lucky with our location and I am glad that our concierge team helped you to explore Dublin.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Best regards,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Our flight into Dublin arrived at 7:00am and after arriving to this hotel, we were greeted with a warm welcome and told our room was available. However, we wanted to upgrade to a room with a window to the outside so unfortunately we wouldn't be able to check in. No problem though, they stored our luggage and we were on our way to explore Dublin. We went back to the hotel later in the afternoon and checked in and found the staff had already taken our luggage to our room. Our room was really nice. With a view of the street. This hotel is located very close to the Temple Bar area. The bathroom is spacious. The heavenly bed was a delight after a long day of traveling and exploring. After seeing how the standard rooms face inward, I was glad we chose to upgrade. Everything was clean and staff very helpful. Breakfast was included in our stay and consisted of hot and cold items. Good coffee and food. Overall, this was a great start to our vacation and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear luv2travel074

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Dublin and that you were well received by our team when you stayed with us. I am happy that you were able to rest and rejuvenate and enjoyed our ‘Heavenly beds’ and you were happy with your accommodations.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have platinum status with SPG, and since my travel is usually only in the US, I never really expect exceptional service, since so many others have the platinum status also. However, this hotel is incredible. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel staff is so nice and helpful. The atrium is a wonderful place for afternoon tea, as a gentleman next to me mentioned that it felt like a "cathedral" for a tea experience. The Mint Bar has some of the best cocktails I've ever had. There is nothing about this hotel that disappoints. I am here on a long stay for business, and I look forward to being here everyday. Everyone is so helpful and willing to help to make the stay very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Krystal C
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is fantastic to read such a positive review which will be well received by all our team here.
I am very happy to read that you are enjoying your stay with us in The Westin Dublin. I am glad you have been able to enjoy the calm oasis of The Atrium and the team in The Mint have looked after you.
I hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
Manama, Bahrain
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,124 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Room category: writer room
Lobby: Cozy reception area, check in only in reception not executive lounge
Guest room: spacious room, nice classical furniture
Bathroom: spacious, average quality, and design
Executive lounge: n/a
Room service: personalized and good service
Breakfast: small variety of irish buffet breakfast but good quality of food
Concierge: friendly And very helpful
Location: Very good location in the city center
Facilities: haven't used

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Al3alawi
Dear A-Alalawi

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night we love the Starwood hotels and our owners at svo. Sadly the room we were located first overlooked the atrium and there was a wedding on and the noise echoed terribly. We are not people to complain but we asked to be moved. We were told they were full but they had a room on the 5th floor and these rooms had been renovated . The bedroom
Was great much quieter unusual shape so
It was quite quirky. The bed was smaller than the 'usual' Westin size bed but very comfy and lovely heavenly pillows.
HOWEVER the bathroom was not good at all. The bath sink taps and shower head were all great but the tiles grout walls and ceiling were not. It was di bad we didn't want to have a shower. It looked dirty. Mould or dirty grout, paint perking off the walls and ceiling , even finger marks on the barhrppm door. Such a shame and to be told this room had been recently renovated ??????
We didn't want to complain But we did mention this to the reception staff and head of front of house and they were apologetic but it still Spoilt out stay.
Location of the hotel is excellent for the city centre.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear CarrieadnClive

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Dublin. We appreciate all feedback from our guests; both positive and negative.

I am very sorry for the poor experience you had during your time here. I would like to offer you my sincere apologies. , I am sorry you had to move rooms and I regret to hear that your room was then not up to the high standard we expect. I would ask you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss these issues.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me so that we can discuss things further.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Other than location to the centre of Dublin this hotel has little to offer other than it's high prices. You pay (and I mean "pay") for everything.
SPG members: Not worth it if you plan on exchanging points for stay! Like I said, "you pay for everything". There is no lounge, therefore you go to their bar. There is a breakfast, but since there is no lounge, you pay for their breakfast. For premium points, no spa of any sort (unless you call an expensive massage and pedicure as spa) it's not worth it. Instead, head to Athlone Sheraton where your actually rewarded for being a loyal SPG member. Read my report on it.

If in Dublin and at this hotel, for bar service, walk 10 minutes to Templar Square and you will have no problems finding a good beer and reasonable prices. If your not entertained on the walk, you will be at the bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank o2bnkd
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear o2bnkd
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. We do value our special SPG members and I’m sorry you felt this was not recognised on this occasion.
Should you wish to discuss this further I would be delighted for you to contact me directly.
New York, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

It pains me to write that title because we wanted the end of our trip to be on a high note and thought the Westin would do that.

First, if you see a couple that is not handicapped, please don't put them in a handicapped room. Everything was obviously at a low height and it was irritating to have to bend for every little thing including making coffee. And to make me have to climb up on the tub ledge to move the shower head out was ridiculous (it was pointed straight down at the bath tub handles). I feel for handicapped people, but guests who aren't handicapped shouldn't be placed in those rooms. And no, at that point we had driven a while and lugged several bags upstairs through the halls for our 1 night stay - so going all the way back to complain and be moved wasn't exactly a convenient option either. Please consider this when giving rooms to guests.

I usually sleep soundly on Westin beds but not this time. It was too soft and my back hurt in the morning. The amenities were fine, tv was fine, and the "city view" I paid for was a side street view of the building across from us. Nice.

Checking out itself was fine. Here comes the incredulous part. I was walking to check out and came across a staff member to whom I said good morning. I was checking out and being handed my receipt when another couple went to the line next to us to check out. That same staff member I said good morning to literally RAN to that couple, grabbing their bags and saying, "I'll go hold the taxi outside for you!!" Well, I guess you mean the taxi that we would have been in, since I just finished checking out, because we were there first? I've never seen a staff member actually run past one guest to get to another guest.

Outside, we approached him and asked why he did that and he had the nerve to say that I was still in line checking out and they were done. Really? They *just* got there and I was actually finishing being handed my receipt. Nice job. Thank goodness the cab driver was really nice and friendly, otherwise the Westin would have been my final memory of Ireland.

The one positive about this hotel is its location. Right near all the sites, including Temple Bar and Trinity College.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank NYTravelingAddict
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear NYTravelingAddict
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us; however I would like to offer my apologies for the poor service you experienced while you were with us.
At the Westin we strive to ensure that we deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and I am disappointed to learn that on your visit you did not experience this fully.
I have addressed some of these issues with our Front Office manager and we are looking into the issues you spoke about in your review.
However I would appreciate it if you could take the time to get in contact with me directly so we can I hope go some ways to resolving these issues.