“Great hotel, excellent service”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Was met by a very friendly and service minded staff.
We were upgraded to a king size suite for free, and the room was great. Big, clean and comfortable beds.
Its about 1 minute walk to the Temple bar street, so the location is perfect.

If you choose to stay here, be sure to check out the hotel bar, Mint Bar. Good loking bar, with good drinks served by a friendly staff.

I will most likely choose a Westin hotel the next time i have the choice. This is one of the top 3 hotels i´ve ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris k
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Chris k
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, it is fantastic to read such a positive review which will be well received by all our team here.
I am very happy to read that you had a great stay with us when you were with us in The Westin Dublin and I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Andrew Henning

Write a ReviewReviews (2,629)

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I recently stay at The Westin in Dublin and had a amazing time. The location is perfect for anyone who wants to explore the city or is there for business. A lot of major sights are just steps from the door or a short taxi ride.
For a room in Europe ours was big. The hotel staff was nice and friendly and our room was always clean when we came back from our day.
After being this spoiled I don't think I'd stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank tara2487
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear tara2487

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We are SPG members and stayed on points. Our room was located on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor (#4).

We had no problems with the check in process. The concierge service was wonderful every time we used it, which was often for recommendations for restaurants, tours and directions. The issues were mainly with the room, too soft of a bed, street noise and the room was very warm. The lack of an outlet in the bathroom to dry your hair should be corrected. Who wants to wake up someone else to dry your hair? The internet fee is excessive, $15 euro per day/per device. In this day and age with multiple i-devices that can get very expensive quickly. The afternoon tea was a wonderful experience, I recommend doing it if you can. We had breakfast at the restaurant on the main floor once, it was not worth it. There are so many other cute places to eat.

Overall, this is not the Westin standards that we have enjoyed at other locations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Pamela F
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, at The Westin Dublin we strive to deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and in this case it appears we let you down.
I am somewhat mollified to read that our afternoon tea expereince in The Atrium and concierge team were able to help you enjoy your time with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed, for a weekend, in this hotel recently - very disappointing experience.

Phoned ahead to enquire about the parking facilities. The receptionist couldn’t tell me if there was anywhere to pull up outside the hotel. Was referred to the concierge, that wasn’t available. Seemed like a “its not my job answer” situation.
On checking in, at 5pm, we were told that our room wasn’t ready. Not the end of the world, we could plan around it. Sought a rough estimate on how long we would have to wait. If 20 mins we would wait and let our event know we would be delayed, if 2 hours we go ahead to our event. The receptionist couldn’t tell us. A very frustrating wait later we finally got checked in. Check in consisted of a swipe of the credit card, been given the keys and an attempt to sign up to a “loyalty card” - that was it.
The courtesy, at check in, of a basic orientation to the hotel and its facilities would have been very useful if not expected. Never the less we managed to find the elevator to the room ourselves. It did however limit greatly our utilisation of the hotel.
The check in experience tainted our weekend stay in the hotel. The smell of vomit that remained in the reception for over 6 hours on Saturday afternoon also didn’t help.
My understanding is that hotels get their star rating from a combination of facilities and service. The service experienced, as described above, was below what I expect from a 3 star hotel. The facilities available are still a mystery to me, as is the Westin retaining a 5 star rating.

My last minor bone of contention relates to their parking arrangements. When the hotel facilities are full they have an arrangement with a near by multi story car park. The preferential rate is a 3 euro reduction in the over night cost. From 28 euro down to 25 euro a night. I know that a 3 star hotel across the street has a rate of 10 euro a night in that very same multi story car park.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dillon79
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Dillon79
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us; however I would like to offer my apologies for the poor service you experienced while you were with us.
At the Westin we strive to ensure that we deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and I am disappointed to learn that on your visit you did not experience this fully.
I have addressed some of your highlighted issues with our Front Office manager and our Executive Housekeeper and we are looking into all the problems you experienced whild here.
However I would appreciate it if you could take the time to get in contact with me directly so we can I hope go some ways to resolving these issues.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a can't go wrong hotel. Centrally located warm and welcoming. With all the amenities one would want of an expensive hotel. The rooms a clean and superbly quiet. A bar in the basement where local professionals hang out after work. Everybody within the hotel is helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kaivon r
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Kaivon r

It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Westin experience and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin.

Kindest regards

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Was very surprised to find that my room had two windows, which both opened onto an interior atrium - overlooking a mezzanine lounge. Therefore, there was no possibility of opening the window to get any fresh air and worse, could not open drapes, as windows looked directly onto lounge. Even as a Starwood Preferred guest, there were no other rooms available. Hotel services were very good and breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the outside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear RobinMaryLand
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am disappointed to read that you were not completely happy with your room while you stayed with us. I would ask you to get in contact with me directly the next time you are staying with us in the Westin Dublin and I would be delighted to take personal care of your reservation.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Westin Dublin.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The old adage is true; the "nicer" your hotel, the more you'll pay for your wifi. Honestly, after dropping a decent sum on a room, a 15 Euro a day charge for in-room wifi is pretty fresh, particularly when it's free at any of the 3 nearby starbucks cafes.

The main problem was that I couldn't get a good night's sleep here. There was constant street noise at this location, not pub noise, as you get in Temple bar, but traffic horns and sirens at least once an hour through the night. The worst part was a very old, too soft and "springy" bed. I stayed 3 nights and my back was WRECKED when I left. Not to mention that I booked a double room with two twins and was given a double bed, in fact, a rather short double bed. (I am 5"4' and my feet kept hanging off the edge unless I scooted all the way up to my headboard). I feel as though the room was small and oddly shaped, thus a short bed was a compromise they made.

Minor complaints were that there was no outlet in the bathroom for your hairdryer and the tile all needed to be regrouted. It had been touched up in the shower itself, but the floor was a little run down and black in some spots in the grout. The tub was also a bit discolored and grungy. Finally, the bar was hit or miss; good fish and chips and a nice Spanish wine, hard to find in Dublin, but the most disgusting "lamb burger" ever.

Good points about the hotel: Location, friendly staff, many ammenities inside the hotel so you don't need to leave if the weather is bad---except, of course, if you want to use wifi.

For the price, I can only go 3 stars.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the back. My room was facing a side street and the traffic noise was very loud...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura S

Dear Laura S
However I am disappointed to read that we did not meet with all your expectations in terms of our product quality. I am disappointed that you were unable to enjoy a renewing night’s sleep. I would like to assure you all out ‘Heavenly beds’ are of a standard size, our standard queen (160x200) and standard King (180 x200).
Should you decide to return to the Westin Dublin I would kindly ask you to get in contact with me directly so I may personally take care of your reservation.
Thank you once again for your feedback.