“Really Good”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a great stay at the Westin. We were there for one night attending a friends wedding which was elsewhere and it was the perfect base from which to spend a lazy afternoon and night in the city. Our room was lovely and overlooked Trinity . I thought there might be noise from the nearby fire station but it was totally quiet. Staff were charming and professional, clearly well trained and nothing was too much trouble.We will go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear huda42
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
We are very lucky with our central location and I am glad you the team looked after you during your stay. I am delighted to read that you were able to rest and rejuvenate you stayed with us.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

stayed there for 2 nights used to be a bank central in o connel street - this was 2 years ago - nice rooms very good breakfast and restaurant. drinks can be at high end for prices but you do get nice surroundings and friendly staff. it has valet parking which is a good thing in this day and age.

Room Tip: avoid front rooms
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear DavidM

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the breakfast in The Exchange restaurant.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our 2nd time staying at the Dublin Westin and we weren't disappointed. Proximity to St. Stephens Green, Grafton street, Temple Bar, and all the major sites in the centre is unequalled.

The mattresses are first rate and linens were luxurious. Bathrooms are fabulous and tiling in showers and floor appear to recently have been upgraded.

Big floor-to-ceiling windows allowed view outside and were thickly paned to prevent exterior noise from permeating into the room.

Tea service at late afternoon was a treat and a nice reprieve after a morning and afternoon walking.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Cabbagetown
I would like thank you for choosing The Westin Dublin and also for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I am delighted to read that you were able to rest and rejuvenate in our 'Heavenly beds' while you stayed with us.
We are very lucky with our central location and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Dublin Westin might not be the most posh hotels in the city, but its location is the best - a street across from Trinity, two blocks from the Liffey, 5 minutes of quick walk to Grafton Street, and at most 15 minutes walk to escape the crowd in Stephens Green. Like all Westin hotels, the Dublin Westin offers quiet and efficient service, clean rooms with heavenly beds (to which I have become addicted), and a general willingness to accommodate requests. However, I still find fancy hotels charging for wifi in the room an insult, since guests are already paying premium rates. Ask for a room facing out and not the Atrium Bar. Ours had a gigantic bathroom and shower stall. A real treat after some small bathrooms during our trip.

Room Tip: If you don't need maid service daily, ask for the Green option but make sure you have enough toi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear cultureanalyst

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Westin on Fwbruary 4th. We had gotten married that day at a nearby historical venue without accomodation so had chosen the Westin to stay as it was nearby. How glad were we with our decision??? We had booked the junior suite and were upgraded without charge to the presidential suite which was truely the most amazing set of rooms we have ever seen. Including a gym, dining room, jacuzzi bath, living room, sauna etc - it was a night to remember. In addition we were made such a fuss of when we arrived at 3am by the staff that we felt really special. Another highlight was a brunch we had organised at 12pm the next day - the food and service were impeccable. The whole experience topped what was already an amazing day and we are so grateful to all at the Westin!!! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank magenta_clovisse
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear magenta_clivisse
I appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I will be glad to pass your comments, both motivational and encouraging to our team here which will be very well received.
I am delighted that we were able to be a part of your special day and that we helped to create some special memories for you.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin, Dublin soon.

Kind Regards
General Manger

Reviewed September 26, 2012

So there is a lot of charm in staying in an old converted bank. One of the not charming things... a very odd awkward shaped room. I don't even think there was a window in the room.

Westin service was good, though we had some confusion/ problems with the wifi.

Parking is expensive, but no worse than most major cities, and location-wise you could walk to basically all of the tourist sites in Dublin

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear funnybunny 921
However I am disappointed to read that we did not meet with all your expectations in terms of our product quality. We are constantly investing in our historic building and to this end I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Thanks you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Arriving for the first time in Ireland we made our way to the Westin. We were greeted by a wonderful young man at the Starwood Privilege checkin. There was no wait and with our new friend at the desk checkin was seamless. We progressed to our upgrade mini suite and were overwhelmed by the layout. A large heavenly king size bed. Tastefully decorated bathroom. And then spotted a spiral staircase. Venturing upwards we discovered our own personal library and office space. A large flat screen TV made this a cozy relax spot after a day of touring.
Friendly staff throughout the hotel has made this a very pleasant stay

Room Tip: Location is excellent for tours and shopping
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Goldwingman

Thank you dearly for the response you have posted and the time you have taken to do so. I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us in the Westin Dublin. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests.
I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best regards,